Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How's the weather? - Page 32 Cox_ba12

How's the weather? - Page 32 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stick built rubber powered Scientific ME-109
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:44 am

» 010 head stops glowing
by Cox International Today at 11:00 am

» Modelsmodels
by Coxfledgling Today at 4:08 am

» Needle-Valve extensions (yellow) for Killer Bee
by Cox International Yesterday at 10:35 pm

» Unique Foxie partzie. Potential fishing line/paper weight or something else.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» Ignition Points for Ohlsson 23
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Cox P-40 Clone Project - I just can’t leave well enough alone.
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:32 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 9:29 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:51 pm

» some pics....
by roddie Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:21 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by GallopingGhostler Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:22 am

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:58 am

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How's the weather? - Page 32 Empty
Live on Patrol

How's the weather?

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

How's the weather? - Page 32 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:41 am

60s F yesterday 50s today with low in the 20s for a couple days then roller coaster back up to the 60-70s next week ?!? It a wonder everybody aren't sick the way we fluctuate , did manage more fire wood for the morning . Finally got some veggies plants starting to come up in the dinning room ,light heating pad tin foil tent what a pain but will bee worth it when time comes to pick and eat ! Thumbs Up Just watched this guy make these onyo rings got to do this soon i been Jonson for some good ones ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJq6uebXgZY
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:53 am

Awoke to this this morning.

How's the weather? - Page 32 P1012678
How's the weather? - Page 32 P1012679

I'll take the onion rings............ Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:23 am

lol! lol! lol! me too getting the list together stuff i don't have for them , Might get a dusting tonight from what i have heard ?! Smile
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:17 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:I know the news has been "flooded" (pun intended) with Ukraine news, but have the Aussie floods managed to get onto your news?  Massive areas have been hit.  Rainfall totals like never seen before.  Nowhere near us fortunately, but we're on a hill anyway and would be safe.  New housing developments have recently been approved around here on flood prone land.  I wish local governmend had enough sense to ask the question why no-one had built on certain areas of land over the past 200 years of white history. Maybe they should have asked a few of the older locals.

That’s one solidly built bridge! My compliments to the chief engineer Thumbs Up

Not a lot of your floods in our news. Not many fatalities I suppose, or major landslides involved? The war in Ukraine is less than 1000 miles from my home, and we are pretty far from it compared to most Europeans, so it’s mostly news and speculation of the war and its anticipated consequences. For us Finns there’s the additional twist of being one of the very few non-NATO countries, and the only non-NATO country in EU with common border with Russia. 830 miles of it. So, the floods in Australia are not on the top three headlines here.

Climate change and the related extreme weather anomalies have taken the 3rd place in the news lately (Covid has the 2nd place now) I know that a lot of people think it’s not for real, but, as you said yourself, ”rainfall totals like never seen before”, and some other places have ”drought like never seen before” Huh...

Covid is still quite real, fortunately the newest variant is closer to a regular flu. Easy to catch, but easy for most people to cope with. At least for us double- or triple vaccinated. A lot of people still die of it, mostly people who have not had the shots, or who are already suffering from a chronic disease. I have had Covid-like symptoms a couple of times, but the home tests have all shown negative. Many colleagues have tested positive but have had very easy symptoms. So I guess it’s passing. I still do wear a mask when I go get groceries, mostly to protect others, and it’s also mandatory at work except at our own desks or while eating. I guess we could quit the mask thing already. Anyone who wants a vaccine has had the opportunity to get it, and the supplementary shots too, so anyone who hasn’t, well, it’s up to them really. Pharmacy companies are developing a nose-spray type vaccines too, those would make it easier for people who don’t like needles.

Oh, the weather... spring is definitely on its way. The first swans returned last week, they usually stop around here for a month or two on their way to North. Snow’s melting, a lot of puddles everywhere, although there’s still a lot of snow left. A foot or so. Water is low in the river, looks like the hydropower people downstream are making room for the thawing snow by letting their turbines run on full power. Also nice to have sunrise earlier in the morning, and sunset later in the afternoon. Well, sunrise, the swans and the river are not technically weather-things, but definitely signs of the approaching spring  sunny
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:30 pm

Got a beautiful, clear, and bitter-cold day here on the hill in S.E. Missouri.

How's the weather? - Page 32 2_189

How's the weather? - Page 32 1_220
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:27 pm

Well, just when I thought it was starting to get nice outside, a good chunk of snow melted, mother nature has thrown a new curve ball at us..... A huge Colorado low is en route as I type. They are locally forcasting this as both the 'Storm Of The Century', and the worst blizzard in decades. They have been predicting this for over a week, but that was too long to guarantee anything. Currently Bismark, ND is currently a white-out, and it will slowly be making its way here around dinner time. Currently in North and South Dakota, and Minnesota, alsong with their big list of warnings. There has already been schools cancelling bus service in Winnipeg (the closest big city where I work). They have told people to stock up on supplies and groceries, and medications, not to travel Wednesday or Thursday (make alternate arrangements), and also to plan for power outages. I cannot remember when we have ever had such warnings in place, let alone this far in advance of the storm. Like Covid, there has been some panic shopping and such locally.

Snowfall is expected to get between 12" and 24" by Friday, and even shy of 36" in some places southwest of me here. Best part however, is that I am on holidays so I do NOT care. April holidays are always a crapshoot whether or not I can do anything outside or not. Well, this year, I lost!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:34 pm

Hunker down Chancey.

Beautiful here today, 80 degrees. Looks like your weather will hit us Monday.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed May 04, 2022 8:35 am

Heavy wind and rain here last night, got up this morning and looked out the kitchen window and saw this:

How's the weather? - Page 32 P1013116
How's the weather? - Page 32 P1013117

Big dead pine tree.  It was alive 12 years ago when I moved in but the pine bark beetle got to it and killed it within a year.  Naked for about seven years without a bit of green on it.  Became a fixture that I knew I would have to cut down someday.  Nature did it for me.  Now I have to cut it up and drag it over to the burn pile.  

How's the weather? - Page 32 P1013118

How's the weather? - Page 32 P1013120
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon May 23, 2022 4:40 pm

So crazy up here lately. Last Tuesday through Thursday we got 1/2" of rain at the cottage. We were out there Thursday till today. Thursday night we received another 1.25" plus of rain. Then we woke up to it snowing on Friday morning for a good portion of the day throughout. Very wet snow with anout 1/2 inch accumulation and rain on and off throughout the day.

Not what we need anymore of by any means. Many communities have had evacuation orders in place. Even further north past my cottage in Nopming Provincial Park, many roads were washed out and no travel is permitted and those there were stuck there as there was no way out. One of those roads has since been fixed, although this was prior to the recent weather we had there. Then on Friday, a lake in the Whiteshell provincial park was evacuated. Now today I see a very large portion of the park is to be fully evacuated by tomorrow at 5 PM due to rising water levels on the Winnipeg River system. Many cottages have already gotten flood damage, boathouses destroyed and floating away, docks and boats washing away randomly into lakes floating downstream, along with anything that was in peoples yards. This is from Lake Of The Woods and Lac Seul being dumped into the Winnipeg river from Ontario which is making its way through our dams on its journey. The doube whammy for us at the cottage is that the flooding north of us does run downstream to the river our cottage is on which in turn flows into Lac Du Bonnet Lake of which is a part of the Winnipeg River system. The water levels are already much higher than normal, and it is expected to rise yet even more in the coming week (s). So we are essentially getting it from both ends...... Mother Nature is NOT playing nice this year. Plus it is now supposed to rain Friday through Sunday this coming week.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon May 23, 2022 6:02 pm

Just rained 1/2" (13mm) here in Clovis. That makes 1 inch total for the year, falling short of at least 5 or 6 inches normally.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 32 Empty This morning

Post  TLAnderson Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:39 pm

Woke up to this.

How's the weather? - Page 32 First-10

How's the weather? - Page 32 First-11

Goodbye summer. Sad Goodbye
TLAnderson
TLAnderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:50 am

How's the weather? - Page 32 Img_7612

Yep, had measurable snow on the ground here this morning. It stuck around until about noon, that picture was taken after 10am. It was just 83°F on Tuesday and remained warm well into the night until storms rolled through and it plummeted into the 40s. Local meteorologist, Paul Douglas, is still saying we could flirt with the 70s sometime next week, but I haven't been seeing forecasts that reflect it. Hopefully him and his "European weather model" is right.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:00 am

77F yesterday 75F today Nice !! But Wednesday nights down to 38-+ day 58F got wood ready for heat , looking forward to cooler and less humidity Pumpkin Very Happy Pumpkin No rain for now or snow LOL Old Bugger
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:27 am

?? Here COLD at 28F this morn. Got wood Yes about 6 loads from a friend (I am talking dump trucks) LOL Even got help from the across the road neighbors and gave them some wood to help stay warm and feed my porch. Hope everybody is staying warm and getting ready for Thanksgiving here in the US and all that are involved Turkey Thanksgiving Dinner
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:57 pm

Since last week, it has been an as high as 20f in the daytime without the windchill, and an average of 0 with the windchill. November 11, I woke up to this...... Then last night we got a bit more. By time I got home from work today, I had about another 6" of the great white fluffy stuff...... Anyways, here was my truck/rhino last Friday morning.....]
How's the weather? - Page 32 31549510
How's the weather? - Page 32 31486010
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:26 pm

Glugg, glugg, glugg!!!
We're about the only region in Eastern Australia that isn't flooded. Vast areas of land in northern Victoria and Central West New South Wales are under 6 feet of water. Some areas had a year's worth of rain in one day. These are areas that are more accustomed to drought. Thousands of houses inundated, not to mention the farmland with ruined crops and drowned stock. Supermarket prices are through the roof. National Potato shortage of all things.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:31 pm

Getting pretty cold in Pennsylvania. Very convenient though that the area around me uses heating oil for heat and a miraculous diesel shortage has occurred. Considering gas prices this summer were nearing $6 a gallon and heating oil is now $5, you can heat your home and get a colonoscopy at the same time. I also found it pretty convenient that the oil supplier just topped off my tank which was $1300.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:31 am

We have been fortunate, being in the lower states, but higher elevation, so we don't get quite as bad of heat as Phoenix. Thus far, today is the first day that we had below 30° F (-1° C) weather. Gas furnace has been coming on about every 20 to 30 minutes. Strange though, normally we'd get at least a snow now, may be 4 inches (100 mm). Yesterday was only a very small amount of fleuries.

$1,300, ouch! Shocked Ken, that is amazing that kerosene for heating has gone so high. Thumbs Down I remember back in the early 1960's, the trailer that we lived in when I was in grade school was kerosene heat. We had like a 55 gallon elevated drum outside, fed into our single wide trailer heater. It wasn't until I was 3rd grade that we moved into on-base housing at Fort Lee. I think my father was a tech-sergeant at the time.

They had a couple old jets near the playground at the time. I'd climb up into the an open access hatch in the fuselage. Inside had an interesting electronics smell from the remaining wiring. We'd climb all over the airplanes, then, there wasn't the concern about us getting hurt as there is now. Lawyers hadn't gotten involved yet.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:56 pm

Not my most favorite topic, especially tonight..... Low for tonight and tomorrow morning with windchill is -47.2 f. Then it ramps up a fair bit this weekend. Picture here was just screenshotted right now showing the current temperature..... We were just a tiny bit warmer last night and this morning than what will be tonight and tomorrow..... Off to get the woolies out! Gonna need them!

How's the weather? - Page 32 W115
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddict Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:02 am

Starting to feel the effects, although it's 450 miles away emissions causing breathing problems
https://youtu.be/vkt2CsgLsFk
How's the weather? - Page 32 Mauna-10
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:50 am

Love the picture of your truck Chancey. Looks like the Twentieth Century Limited barreling down the track.

Lava flows, beautiful to look at but deadly.

Rain here and more rain, thankfully not snow. But rain brings warmth, I'll take it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:36 am

Ken Cook wrote:......Considering gas prices this summer were nearing $6 a gallon and heating oil is now $5, you can heat your home and get a colonoscopy at the same time......

You owe me a keyboard! I spit my coffee when I read that.

a--
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:30 pm

I'm actually getting pretty T'd off with the rising costs of EVERYTHING. I went to buy the blue windshield washer the other day and the auto parts store wanted $6 for a gallon, I walked right out. We actually had what I would consider a true frost where I had to get out the ice scraper Monday morning.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:51 pm

coxaddict wrote:Starting to feel the effects, although it's 450 miles away emissions causing breathing problems

I remember not long before I left the Islands in Jan. 1982, graduating from the UH Dec. 1981, may be a year or two prior, Kilauea erupted, spewing ashes that reached Honolulu. It looked like strands of burnt paper debris flying in the air with a slight odd smell almost sooty in the air.

Mauna Loa erupting and spewing lava flows, that is something new. Since arriving in 1966, never heard that happening with an active run-off. Always enjoyed people from that island, they were always hospitable, friendly.

A bit off topic, but wonder if the volcanoes in New Mexico, dormant for the past 1,000 years may wake up again. Just wondering ....
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddict Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:56 am

Mauna Loa's last eruption was 38 years ago in 1984.  I think Kilauea has been erupting off and on around the same time, the longest around 13years.
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next