Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My N-1R build log Cox_ba12

My N-1R build log Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» COX .020 POWERED SPEEDSTER
by balogh Today at 1:18 am

» My N-1R build log
by roddie Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» The Wood Shovel
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 3:01 pm

» Cox Icon RC TRansmitter and servo
by Cox International Yesterday at 11:55 am

» Cox 020 PeeWee rebuild questions
by LooseSpinner99 Yesterday at 8:42 am

» Cox p39 Airacobra
by 1975 control line guy Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:17 pm

» OK Cub .024
by GallopingGhostler Wed Oct 23, 2024 12:16 pm

» Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween
by rsv1cox Wed Oct 23, 2024 12:14 pm

» Pt19 pilot and windshield
by getback Wed Oct 23, 2024 5:23 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Tue Oct 22, 2024 10:45 pm

» BMFA. UK AUCTION
by rsv1cox Tue Oct 22, 2024 7:25 pm

» Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information
by DanMc Tue Oct 22, 2024 9:47 am

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My N-1R build log Empty
Live on Patrol

My N-1R build log

Go down

My N-1R build log Empty My N-1R build log

Post  roddie Wed Oct 23, 2024 7:25 pm

This is planned to be a "stand-off scale" model of the Star Wars movie series "Naboo N-1 fighter" from episode I (The Phantom Menace) from 1999. Incidentally.. episode 1 was not the first movie in the Star Wars series. The original 1st Star Wars movie (A New Hope) from 1977 was actually episode IV.. and was part of a trilogy.. which was followed by episodes V and VI. 1999's Episode I was first in a "prequel" trilogy.. which was followed by episodes II and III.. before creator George Lucas sold the franchise to Disney. Disney would then follow-up with their own Sequel trilogy of movie episodes VII, VIII and IX. I'm not a die hard fan like so many people are.. and have only seen a couple of the first movies from the 1970's-80's. I never knew about the Naboo fighter until CEF member 1975 control line guy's Cox model graced the pages of this thread HERE recently. It was love at first sight!

STAR WARS wiki

Cox Hobbies released their own Naboo Fighter; an RTF/control-line/single product-engine (.049) powered model.

My N-1R build log 1690_l11

My model will also be control-line.. except it will be powered by twin Cox .049 reed-valve engines.. and approximately twice the size of the Cox model.

Not much to see yet.. but those of you who know me; know how I build.

My N-1R build log 20241021

My N-1R build log 20241020

My N-1R build log 20241023

My N-1R build log 20241019

My N-1R build log 20241022

My N-1R build log 20241024
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

My N-1R build log Empty I sense the Force is strong with you

Post  1975 control line guy Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:06 pm

Smile https://tenor.com/view/force-is-strong-this-one-driving-star-wars-gif-14554904
1975 control line guy
1975 control line guy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

My N-1R build log Empty Re: My N-1R build log

Post  getback Yesterday at 6:06 am

Cool roddie you have taken on the project , best of skill/luck bee with you Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Yesterday at 6:59 am

That’s a good subject for a “model maker’s” build Roddie….. I bet you’ve put a lot of thought into it already…. I see some round things and some compound curves, A bit of a challenge!!…. Twin engine?… May be a space age P-38 Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Yesterday at 10:30 am

1975 control line guy wrote:Smile https://tenor.com/view/force-is-strong-this-one-driving-star-wars-gif-14554904

We'll see just how strong.... the more that I get into this thing... Laughing
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Yesterday at 10:34 am

getback wrote:Cool roddie you have taken on the project , best of skill/luck bee with you Very Happy

I'll be "spittin' out splinters".. if I've bitten off more than I can Chewy.... Wink

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Yesterday at 11:36 am

rdw777 wrote:That’s a good subject for a “model maker’s” build Roddie….. I bet you’ve put a lot of thought into it already…. I see some round things and some compound curves, A bit of a challenge!!…. Twin engine?… May be a space age P-38 Very Happy

Hey Robert, This is right up there with my Rodd-O-Gyro as far as complexity is concerned.. but hopefully this model will see some air time.

Yea... I've had some insomniac episodes thinking about a "framework" for the design. I'm using 3mm lite-ply for just about all of that. I have plenty of balsa wood.. but I won't use it in the framework; if I even use it at all.

I had some delam. issues when cutting the nacelle-disc parts. Neutral Things that you don't plan for.. you know? ... I was originally going to use 7mm ply for the discs.. but that would have been overkill. As it is; I plan on lightening the main cross-member by coring a pattern using a small diameter hole-saw.

I especially enjoy reading comments.. because it really helps me think deeper into the design process when I reply to them. Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:33 pm

Concave, convex, = complex............

My comment..............Don't do it..........don't do it......... don't do it................Do It!

Smile Smile............As usual, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  

Love the hole saw, one of the most used tool in my tool inventory. Cheap in price for what they do.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Yesterday at 1:17 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Concave, convex, = complex............

My comment..............Don't do it..........don't do it......... don't do it................Do It!

Smile Smile............As usual, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  

Love the hole saw, one of the most used tool in my tool inventory.  Cheap in price for what they do.  

Bob

Robert, "Concave , convex, = complex............" lol!  you got that right... I've been mind-wrestling with contours since this model's inception. You know when we build a "profile" model airplane?... we suggest the shape of the subject's fuselage.... and sometimes (with 1/4 and 1/2A..) the wing too.. in 2D as opposed to true-scale. I'll be applying judicial use of 2D with this design... Laughing But seriously; I need to at least try to create a scale-likeness as much as I can.. while keeping the weight down.

Hole saws... Thumbs Up I'm right there with ya'.. My "kit" didn't include a 3/4" saw.. so a few years ago, I bought a single Lenox saw/arbor.. and guess what for?

My N-1R build log Hole-s10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Yesterday at 2:06 pm

roddie wrote:.. My "kit" didn't include a 3/4" saw.. so a few years ago, I bought a single Lenox saw/arbor.. and guess what for?

My N-1R build log Hole-s10

Fab'ing a piece of PVC tubing for a Testors reed-valve product-engine mount.. Rolling Eyes

My N-1R build log Dsc02514

Just to be clear.. I'm using a pair of COX engines in this model.. but I'd like to camouflage the lower-ends inside the faux J-style engine-tubes. Those tubes will have a finish-diameter of 38mm and I have a pair of 38mm plastic spinners coming in the mail. Regardless; the plan is to orient both engine-cylinders inboard.. but the jury's not out on that. I'm not sure how the engines will be configured yet. I have a pair of Golden-Bees.. but their use limits orienting the engine-cylinders "upright".. so as to protect the mixture needles in the event of an inverted ground-strike..
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Yesterday at 4:06 pm

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Yesterday at 7:55 pm

akjgardner wrote:Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn

Laughing Joe.. Earlier this evening I drew a rough (really rough.....) sketch of my proposed design.. because I need to document stuff.. when it's on my mind.. or I might forget about it. My youngest brother calls me "Roddy Forgot-y" Rolling Eyes I don't love him any less for it though.. Old Bugger

Here's that sketch... It was mostly about the elevator control-surface that I wanted to draw.. rather than think about. It would have had to be a split-elevator.. but I don't think it needs to be now.

My N-1R build log 20241025
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down