Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Cox_ba12

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» BMFA. UK AUCTION
by Coxfledgling Today at 10:54 am

» Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information
by DanMc Today at 9:47 am

» COX .020 POWERED SPEEDSTER
by 1/2A Nut Today at 8:50 am

» Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween
by rsv1cox Today at 7:44 am

» Pt19 pilot and windshield
by howardhb Today at 7:24 am

» Cox 020 PeeWee rebuild questions
by roddie Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Yesterday at 4:06 pm

» 049 Tee Dee needle valve bodies and 049 TD engines - Potential flaw
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Stealth SB-X
by getback Yesterday at 8:15 am

» What's the Best Reed for Cox Reed Valve Engines.
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:39 am

» Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in
by rsv1cox Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:04 pm

» Follow Rusty's Memorial Traveling Engines!
by roddie Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:44 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween

Go down

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Empty Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween

Post  rsv1cox Yesterday at 3:25 pm

Jim started it with his Three Stooges post then CLG and roddie chimed in with Cox Star Wars models featuring the NaBoo whatever it is and I was hooked.  Big departure from what usually captures my attention.  Kid stuff, weird but extremely interesting.  I like style and the Naboo has gobbs of it.  

I looked for the cheapest example on ebay and made a low offer which was accepted.  Four star seller, within seconds he accepted my offer, then within minutes he was on the way to the Post Office with it sending me a tracking number.  Next door to West Virginia in Maryland I got it almost the next day.  

Happy with it.  It needed some disinfecting but cleaned up well.  Model encased in a plastic bubble, control handle/line and instructions never touched.  Cox flight kit never opened and I can hear fuel slopping around.  

A little nasty here and there.  Vacuumed the stuff out of the no window box, some Windex on a wet towel followed by dry did wonders.

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018482
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018481

Price progression, (regression) started at $39.95 in 1998 dollars, dropped to $29.95, then $15 which probably was flea market money.

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018484

Tis a beautiful thing and I like it.  Goes to my Grandson (eventually) who is a Star Wars walking encylopedia.

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018487
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018486
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018485

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018483
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Empty Best looking and flyer of the bunch

Post  1975 control line guy Yesterday at 4:15 pm

Smile Of all 4 I too like the Naboo Fighter the best.
1975 control line guy
1975 control line guy
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Empty Re: Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween

Post  Elchappo Yesterday at 4:58 pm

Do you think the grandson will will fly it, or will it be a museum piece? The price you paid was significantly less than the 250 they normally go for. I have one of the federation drones and every day I change my mind about flying it or not flying it.
Elchappo
Elchappo

Back to top Go down

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Empty Re: Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween

Post  roddie Yesterday at 5:04 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Jim started it with his Three Stooges post then CLG and roddie chimed in with Cox Star Wars models featuring the NaBoo whatever it is and I was hooked.  Big departure from what usually captures my attention.  Kid stuff, weird but extremely interesting.  I like style and the Naboo has gobbs of it.  

Price progression, (regression)  started at $39.95 in 1998 dollars, dropped to $29.95, then $15 which probably was flea market money.

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018420

Tis a beautiful thing and I like it.  Goes to my Grandson (eventually) who is a Star Wars walking encylopedia.

It's a coooool model Robert.. Cool Cool Cool Cool  It looks more like an aircraft than any of the other models in that series.. IMHO

Sad to know how these "RTF" models died on retail-store shelves.. but now; one of them can finally be appreciated by you Robert! Very Happy Thumbs Up

CLG recommended a control-sys. mod.. so make sure that you address that..

Here's an image of a Naboo N-1 that's currently my laptop's wallpaper..

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Naboo_12
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Empty Star Wars series can fly with modifications

Post  1975 control line guy Yesterday at 5:43 pm

Elchappo wrote:Do you think the grandson will will fly it, or will it be a museum piece? The price you paid was significantly less than the 250 they normally go for. I have one of the federation drones and every day I change my mind about flying it or not flying it.

The Trade Federation Droid Fighter will fly "better" if the tip weight is taken out of the inboard and relocated next to the outboard side tip weight (double tip weight outboard). Flying in any winds over 3 MPH is courting disaster.

The most I have paid for any Star Wars plane was $80.00 and the least $35.00 with shipping. However we may be improving the market Eyebrows
1975 control line guy
1975 control line guy
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:52 pm

However we may be improving the market

It happened with the Cox Mercedes Benz, for a month or so there were several of us bidding on any example.  If I remember I had 17 at one time, sold about 10 mostly at a loss.  Doesn't matter, most were basket cases which I restored having my fun.  After that I just lose interest.  But I kept several of the best most interesting examples.  Got one that has all the boxing intact even the top locator which got MudHens attention.  

Old #2, I still have it.

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Old_2_10
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Cox_me13
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Cox_me16
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween Twin_c10

The sellers price for the Naboo was $95.00.  I contacted him and offered $75 which he accepted.  I felt like I over-paid, still do but I wanted it.  My usual offering is $35 or less for most anything................except chainsaws,, Smile  I will have my son checking flea markets for a cheap one, maybe crashed or without a box.  I would love to fly a Naboooooo on Halloween under a full moon.  Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Today at 2:26 am

Star Wars Episode I was released in 1999, so the model is probably from year 2000 or a little later. I guess control line craze was pretty much ”over” already, as far as mainstream/toy stores were concerned. R/C and electrickery was already on their way in.

My wife and I lived in St Louis in 1998-1999, and in Atlanta from 2000 on. We went to see the movie in a theatre, but not sure in which city Smile Anyway, I remember being fascinated by the sleek lines of Naboo fighters and also the Queen’s spacecraft. No reason why you wouldn’t consider style and aerodynamics, even when you travel in space Cool

Bob, I’m sure you could whip up a twin engine version from balsa by Halloween Smile Just look at the photo Roddie posted, all you need is two big aluminium spinners and go from there.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Today at 7:44 am

Thanks Kari, I'm waiting for roddie to build his own version. I bet it would be spectular. roddie crosses all of the t's and i's in his builds. I only cross some of them. Sad

The date on the boxes SKU thingy says 12/98.

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018488

I would think the box printing predates the Naboo's manufacture by a few months so 99'/2000 is probably correct. I don't remember the movie. I will have to look it up.

The box is a mess, I will have to find a window and do some repairs, but I have one ahead of it.

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018489
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018490

I went looking for old #2, found it and others. I had a lot of fun with those things. I left one in "as found" condition. Someday I will tear into it.

Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018491
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018492
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018493
Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween P1018494

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down