Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information Cox_ba12

Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» BMFA. UK AUCTION
by Coxfledgling Today at 10:54 am

» Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information
by DanMc Today at 9:47 am

» COX .020 POWERED SPEEDSTER
by 1/2A Nut Today at 8:50 am

» Cox NaBOO - Just in time for Halloween
by rsv1cox Today at 7:44 am

» Pt19 pilot and windshield
by howardhb Today at 7:24 am

» Cox 020 PeeWee rebuild questions
by roddie Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Yesterday at 4:06 pm

» 049 Tee Dee needle valve bodies and 049 TD engines - Potential flaw
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Stealth SB-X
by getback Yesterday at 8:15 am

» What's the Best Reed for Cox Reed Valve Engines.
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:39 am

» Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in
by rsv1cox Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:04 pm

» Follow Rusty's Memorial Traveling Engines!
by roddie Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:44 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information

Go down

Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information Empty Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information

Post  DanMc Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:32 pm

This is a pretty simple issue, I think. I just picked up a like new Cox Star Cruiser flying saucer. Good shape but no box or paperwork. Engine starts and runs fine, but I didn't have a lot of luck launching it. As I was wiping it off after the last attempt before going home from the flying field, I noticed that there were four tabs jutting out from the bottom of the frame with a slot in the middle, like something was supposed to slide or pop into them. Does this thing supposed to have wheels on the bottom, so that torque can make it spin and rotate easily and allow a take off from the ground? I tried search the forum here and the internet and general, and no photos even of the bottom of one of these. I'm going to try hand launching again on my next flying session, and maybe rig up some sort of light weight wheels and axles and see if that helps. Thanks in advance!!
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information Empty Re: Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information

Post  getback Yesterday at 8:57 am

hey Dan ck. this out >> https://www.ebay.com/itm/374949791362 Looks like air veins on the bottom no wheels .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information Empty Re: Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information

Post  DanMc Yesterday at 10:02 am

getback wrote:hey Dan ck. this out >> https://www.ebay.com/itm/374949791362 Looks like air veins on the bottom no wheels .

Thanks for the link!! That may be the only bottom view of the thing out there on the internet! My search did not turn that one up. It's not the best photo but I think I can see the tabs that I'm talking about. I don't think there is any other reason for them to be there???? Maybe they had intended for wheels to be used but discarded that ides because of weight?? I still may see what i can cobb together that doesn't add any appreciable weight.

Thanks!! Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ppvj64 Yesterday at 3:06 pm

From the box pic on ebay it looks like you toss it to get it flying.
ppvj64
ppvj64
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Yesterday at 5:30 pm

ppvj64 wrote:From the box pic on ebay it looks like you toss it to get it flying.

Yes.. and possibly "spinning-it" when releasing it as well. The outer-ring (saucer) needs to rotate/counter-rotate? (Huh...) in order to provide some gyroscopic stability.

Watch each of these vids Dan..

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Yesterday at 8:44 pm

Hi Roddie;
I found those videos o the net also. I did not come across any with the Star Cruiser, which is made of plastic and shaped completely different.. I have a couple of the foam versions also, which came much earlier I think, and they look like the fly better. If we get out to fly in the next couple of days, I'll try it again. I haven't had a chance to look through my wheel stash yet.
Thanks again,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Today at 4:40 am

(thread of same model, deleted)

Last edited by Levent Suberk on Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Levent Suberk
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Today at 4:46 am

(same model, deleted)

Last edited by Levent Suberk on Tue Oct 22, 2024 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Levent Suberk
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Today at 6:40 am

Cox Nomad:

Cox Star Cruiser Instruction/Manuel/Information Scree104

Levent Suberk
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Today at 9:47 am

I have a new Nomad that is still in a sealed box. That looks like it's a foam "saucer" and then a rotor assembly from one of the later helicopters. Maybe Cox was trying to use up s supply of parts?? Looks like it flew OK though. Thanks for posting.
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down