Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» PSA propellors!!!
by robot797 Today at 2:05 pm

» Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in
by roddie Today at 2:01 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by roddie Today at 1:40 pm

» The Three Stooges
by roddie Today at 1:21 pm

» My First Balloon Tank Attempt
by roddie Today at 11:42 am

» Fall S.M.A.L.L. 2024 Wednesday October, 16th.
by roddie Today at 10:51 am

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by balogh Today at 7:50 am

» Who purchased one of my manifolds and has a tuned pipe that will fit to it?
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:15 pm

» OK Cub .024
by 049kid Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by 049kid Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:17 pm

» Cox 020 PeeWee rebuild questions
by GallopingGhostler Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:39 pm

» COX .020 POWERED FLYING WING
by 1/2A Nut Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:55 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Empty Re: Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in

Post  roddie Today at 11:33 am

Congratulations on figuring-out the circuitry on the aircraft carrier Robert!

So.. You've got X2 more on the way? If they need battery packs, Amazon has 9.6v./1500mAh NiMh packs with chargers.. (2-pack) for cheap $$

Amazon link

The NiMh packs are less critical of charge "cycling" as opposed to NiCd packs.

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Replac11

They're a "turn-key" replacement..

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Replac12

Just an FYI... That's a 4-cycle plug. I've read that they run HOT.. which could cause timing  (detonation) issues. Good to know that the little engine has decent compression though..  Thumbs Up

It cleaned-up nice too!!

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 P1018418
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Empty Re: Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in

Post  rsv1cox Today at 12:32 pm

Thanks roddie for both comments. I think that all will contain batteries, no reason not to send contained within the ship they are not LI. But, how good will they be. And those have the correct connectors.

And......unobservent me.....I never realized those plugs were 4 cycle until you mentioned it. I didn't even have to check, read it right there on my picture. I do have some 4 cycle engines. Guess I will remove it and find another.

I did have a lot of fun cleaning it up, years on the cabins hutch with the battery compartment open. I was happy that no mouse nested in there. I'm taking up all the quarter round moulding around the baseboards getting ready for carpet. The last major evolution to take place out there.

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Today at 12:59 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
I did have a lot of fun cleaning it up, years on the cabins hutch with the battery compartment open.  I was happy that no mouse nested in there.  I'm taking up all the quarter round moulding around the baseboards getting ready for carpet.  The last major evolution to take place out there.  

I was thinking earlier on; that the battery-bay cover may have been left off..

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 P1018419

Shocked  no sign of poops? Reading Sh*t Hit The Fan
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Today at 1:15 pm

Yeah, no poops but better yet no urine.  They are nasty little creatures.  I often used a leaf blower "air broom" Smile to clean the cabin, left lot's of stuff floating around the air much of it finding it's place inside the hull.  That big black block is just ballast.  They did a lot right constructing this thing.  

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Christ10

I have been trying to find pictures of the hutch with the ship on it.  Had to be sometime after Christmas 2012.  I still can't remember how I came about it.  I still think Mark and a flea market buy.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Today at 2:01 pm

rsv1cox wrote:

I have been trying to find pictures of the hutch with the ship on it.  Had to be sometime after Christmas 2012.  I still can't remember how I came about it.  I still think Mark and a flea market buy.

I spotted-it in the below pic. Top shelf.. above your big "water-jet drive" cabin cruiser..  

Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in - Page 2 Catfis12
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2