Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

COX .020 RC PROJECT - Page 3 Cox_ba12

COX .020 RC PROJECT - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Modelsmodels
by Coxfledgling Today at 4:08 am

» 010 head stops glowing
by Cox International Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Needle-Valve extensions (yellow) for Killer Bee
by Cox International Yesterday at 10:35 pm

» Unique Foxie partzie. Potential fishing line/paper weight or something else.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» Stick built rubber powered Scientific ME-109
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:42 pm

» Ignition Points for Ohlsson 23
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Cox P-40 Clone Project - I just can’t leave well enough alone.
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:32 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 9:29 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:51 pm

» some pics....
by roddie Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:21 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by GallopingGhostler Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:22 am

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:58 am

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

COX .020 RC PROJECT - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

COX .020 RC PROJECT

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

COX .020 RC PROJECT - Page 3 Empty Re: COX .020 RC PROJECT

Post  getback Yesterday at 5:55 am

Thanks for the reply TD I needed a good chuckle this morn. , sounds like what a country boy would do to me . Very Happy Shame about the trees being cleared many many years ago my grandmother had some trees cleared for sale here on the 7 acres i am on now , still got a path through the woods big enough for a truck to get down . My new neighbor beside me cleared most of his 8 looks like landing strip Sad lol!
Next time may want to consider a spinner rod and reel w/5/8 nut for weight we have done this to pull up a rope so we could pull a tree to the side when downing one as not to hit the building . Worked pretty good ... Yea shooting straight up not to easy now a days Old Bugger
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

COX .020 RC PROJECT - Page 3 Empty Re: COX .020 RC PROJECT

Post  TD ABUSER Yesterday at 9:29 am

getback wrote:Thanks for the reply TD I needed a good chuckle this morn. , sounds like what a country boy would do to me . Very Happy  Shame about the trees being cleared many many years ago my grandmother had some trees cleared for sale here on the 7 acres i am on now , still got a path through the woods big enough for a truck to get down . My new neighbor beside me cleared most of his 8 looks like landing strip Sad lol!  
Next time may want to consider a spinner rod and reel w/5/8 nut for weight we have done this to pull up a rope so we could pull a tree to the side when downing one as not to hit the building . Worked pretty good ... Yea shooting straight up not to easy now a days Old Bugger
Yes I must have arthritis in my neck because I can hear bones cracking while flying overhead with control line. Both shoulders are arthritic too, so reaching up is difficult.
When I first moved to the woods 34 years ago I didn't even know how to keep a chainsaw running, split wood, do carpentry, masonry, plumbing, roofing, water well maintenance, etc.
You have 2 choices out here...either do the work yourself or hire others to do it for you.
I've seen City Dwellers try to make a go of it out here over the years and most go broke as land owners and move back to the Cul De Sac in Sardine-canistan. Laughing

I was able to recycle the wing dowels and the wire push rods...!
The wing was a pretty easy fix thanks to the  OVERSIZED TRAILING EDGE holding it together.
I was out of that really nice transparent red and ended up using my life time supply of TowerKote red which is the ugliest shade of red they had [matbe that's why it was on sale.
After the repair I rebalanced the wing side to side with a scrap of thin tin scotch taped to the wing tip.
As for the CG the plane balances at the spar which is almost exactly 25% of the wing chord.
5 inch chord, 1 1/4" back is somewhere on the spar, but I'll tie on a hunk of solder to the engine to bring the CG just a wee bit more forward for the first flight.
I plan on using much less servo throw for the controls.
The first flight will be down at the bottom of the hill at one of the hay fields instead of in the backwoods of Washington.
Next plane I want to have ailerons.
Ailerons are a Lazy Man's way of forcing a crooked plane to fly straight as opposed to having just rudder and elevator.
TD ABUSER
TD ABUSER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3