Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO Cox_ba12

ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stick built rubber powered Scientific ME-109
by rdw777 Today at 5:35 pm

» So Cool If you haven't seen it
by getback Today at 5:25 pm

» Ode to a dead cat
by rdw777 Today at 3:28 pm

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by rdw777 Today at 3:21 pm

» Peewee power
by rdw777 Today at 3:04 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:53 am

» some pics....
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:16 am

» Thrust Washer
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» Needle-Valve extensions (yellow) for Killer Bee
by EXModelEngines Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by balogh Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» cox tee dee 010 pulling a Roaring 20 I have reconstructed after the previous one was lost
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:08 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by GallopingGhostler Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO Empty
Live on Patrol

ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO

Go down

ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO Empty ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO

Post  TD ABUSER Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:45 pm

...and a 10 x 4 prop on 60 foot lines.

How slow can YOU go...?

TD ABUSER
TD ABUSER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO Empty Re: ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO

Post  getback Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:21 pm

lol! lol! That's different for you ! But it does seem to do as much as it can and just keeps on going , very nice built and airplane i notice all your plane sail right back around to where you started after cut out and that just shows it was built right !! Very nice ! I Love This Forum! This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO Empty Re: ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO

Post  TD ABUSER Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:33 pm

getback wrote:lol! lol! That's different for you ! But it does seem to do as much as it can and just keeps on going , very nice built and airplane i notice all your plane sail right back around to where you started after cut out and that just shows it was built right !! Very nice ! I Love This Forum! This Site Rocks!
For the best glide I think wing loading is the key..but so is adjusting the CG for the best glide.
I think too many planes are set up nose heavy to compensate for bellcrank to control horn throw ratios that are too fast.
On the plus side nose heavy planes pull harder...but I would rather go with lots of engine out thrust and line rack to gain tension.
This VooDoo has the maple engine mounts glued to the center rib at about a 5 degree angle.
I think this "VooDoo" was  the first time I tried using the cloth Polyspan covering that Brodak sells.
I was worried about it being too heavy...but on a .35 sized plane it's light enough...just don't go crazy with the paint.
I used a couple ounces of Summit Racing single stage urethane applied with a $15 Harbor Freight "touch up gun" for the red...and a little bit of Summit black epoxy primer for the tail.

The downside to the cloth Polyspan covering is it isn't very  sandable where there is overlap or wrinkles.
What you see is what you get.

The plus side is this stuff is very tough.

Last edited by TD ABUSER on Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TD ABUSER
TD ABUSER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:55 pm

I enjoyed your video TD-A. Three + minutes with loops and eights keep the dizzies away and breakup the boredom of rounds and rounds. Typical lean-out at the end always make landings interesting Your roll-out seemed to be zero +/- feet. Smile

My low and slow is my .29 Series 21 engined Sterling Nieuport 28 on 52' steel lines. Love that plane so much I built another and have another complete kit NIB.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TD ABUSER Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:10 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I enjoyed your video TD-A.  Three + minutes with loops and eights keep the dizzies away and breakup the boredom of rounds and rounds.  Typical lean-out at the end always make landings interesting  Your roll-out seemed to be zero +/- feet.  Smile

My low and slow is my .29 Series 21 engined Sterling Nieuport 28 on 52' steel lines.  Love that plane so much I built another and have another complete kit NIB.  

Yeah this plane's landings always look like an arrester hook was used.... Smile
TD ABUSER
TD ABUSER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down