Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility) Cox_ba12

Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by davidll1984 Today at 8:49 pm

» Green vent..
by roddie Today at 7:49 pm

» Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in
by rsv1cox Today at 6:59 pm

» The Three Stooges
by rsv1cox Today at 6:06 pm

» 049 Tee Dee needle valve bodies and 049 TD engines - Potential flaw
by Cox International Today at 4:33 pm

» PSA propellors!!!
by robot797 Today at 2:39 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by roddie Today at 1:40 pm

» My First Balloon Tank Attempt
by roddie Today at 11:42 am

» Fall S.M.A.L.L. 2024 Wednesday October, 16th.
by roddie Today at 10:51 am

» Who purchased one of my manifolds and has a tuned pipe that will fit to it?
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:15 pm

» OK Cub .024
by 049kid Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by 049kid Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:17 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility) Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)

Go down

Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility) Empty Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)

Post  Cox International Fri May 31, 2024 1:08 pm

We received some more parts yesterday and have assembled a small quantity of engines: https://coxengines.ca/performance-engines/cox-049-engine-tee-dee-ii--1.html
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility) Empty Re: Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)

Post  knolla Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:36 pm

It would be nice to make available an RC carburetor for throttle control for this engine. I think the combination of both would increase the interest in purchasing it.
knolla
knolla

Back to top Go down

Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility) Empty Re: Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)

Post  Cox International Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:27 pm

knolla wrote:It would be nice to make available an RC carburetor for throttle control for this engine. I think the combination of both would increase the interest in purchasing it.

We had them in stock at some point, assembled from OEM Cox parts, retail price $34.95 and they were slow sellers. If we made them today from scratch, retail pricing would be in the $50 range. We would need to make at least 200 parts each to achieve that price point and 200 units would presumably be a 10-15 year supply; longer than this business would be around.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  knolla Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:48 pm

I know and agree. I am 70 years old, I flew Cox Babe Bee, Black Widow and Pee Wee long time ago. Nowadays, I have returned to Cox again and I am still flying my old Cox Babe Bee with added throttle control and the new Cox Cruiser engine. The Cox Tee Dee .049 would be a nice follow-on provided it had that carburetor...  The good fact is that your engines and parts are available in Europe(an Union). Thank you for keeping at least the .049 classical Cox family of engines incl. spare parts alive.
knolla
knolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:54 pm

knolla wrote:I know and agree. I am 70 years old, I flew Cox Babe Bee, Black Widow and Pee Wee long time ago. Nowadays, I have returned to Cox again and I am still flying my old Cox Babe Bee with added throttle control and the new Cox Cruiser engine. The Cox Tee Dee .049 would be a nice follow-on provided it had that carburetor...  The good fact is that your engines and parts are available in Europe(an Union). Thank you for keeping at least the .049 classical Cox family of engines incl. spare parts alive.

You could aways use a throttle ring and there was someone on this forum selling RC carburetors even this week I believe.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:05 am

Thread is here:
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t18412-throttles-for-cox-tee-dee-049-020-010-engines-videos#235957

Haven't yet used a throttle ring on a Tee Dee yet, but they work fine on my R/C Bee and Golden Bee reed valve engines. Others have had good success with them on Tee Dees.

The throttle ring is simple, lightweight and foolproof.

But everyone has their preferences / reasons.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down