Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Just bought a .049 and I have some concerns - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Just bought a .049 and I have some concerns - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Just found this
by batjac Today at 10:39 pm

» I Got Cheated!
by batjac Today at 10:35 pm

» WEN-MAC STORY
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:09 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -October 2024-
by Admin Today at 8:41 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by rsv1cox Today at 6:21 pm

» PSA propellors!!!
by roddie Today at 5:49 pm

» Wen Mac Aeromite/Challenger
by getback Today at 5:39 pm

» Cox 020 PeeWee rebuild questions
by rdw777 Today at 12:05 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:46 am

» COX FUEL ?????
by 1975 control line guy Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:29 am

» The Resurrection of the Atwood Wasp
by getback Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:19 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:52 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Just bought a .049 and I have some concerns - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Just bought a .049 and I have some concerns

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Just bought a .049 and I have some concerns - Page 2 Empty Re: Just bought a .049 and I have some concerns

Post  Cox International Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 pm

dirk gently wrote:Poland. We just have one supplier here, and they only have .049s. Obviously, I could buy a .020 abroad... actually, I visited Amsterdam not that long ago, but somehow it didn't occur to me to search for engines. I guess a .049 will as good as any other, I will only have to do the addtional work of rescaling the model.

Who is the person in Poland selling the Babe Bee engine and what do they cost? Is it Slawomir Cichor?

Brand new Babe Bee engines are available from us and Matt for $39.95 + $5.95 shipping.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Just bought a .049 and I have some concerns - Page 2 Empty Re: Just bought a .049 and I have some concerns

Post  Ivanhoe Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:56 pm

dirk gently wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
The simplest way to run a Babe Bee with the cylinder inverted is to release the 4 tank screws, rotate the ENGINE 180 degrees while holding the tank in it's normal position, tighten tank screws. Job done! This is the official Cox instruction on how to do it. In the photo is my SureStart installed as a "Sidewinder" installation in the same way. This avoids any tank/fuel pickup, or any other complications.

Yup, exactly what I did. Thanks!
I realize that I can buy one on ebay, but so far I was too lazy to create myself a Paypal account. Also, the shipping prices...

Yes, some EBay sellers have funny ideas about how much it costs to ship an engine, I have had engines shipped from the USA here to the UK for as little as five dollars, other sellers will quote anything up to about 40 dollars! needless to say I don't buy from these!
Honestly though, for those of us living in countries with few or no local suppliers, EBay and PayPal are the way to go, and setting up a PayPal account isn't difficult or very time consuming, as long as you have a bank account or an acceptable credit card.

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 pm

I bought mine here:
http://allegro.pl/listing/user.php?us_id=3867009
The cost was 200PLN, which roughly translates to about 60-70$. A .049 Sure Start costs half of that.

Do you also sell Pee Wees?
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Dirk:

I had in mind posting your location in the information under your avatar: post count, points, reputation, LOCATION etc. You did not include that item.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:59 pm

dirk gently wrote:I bought mine here:
The cost was 200PLN, which roughly translates to about 60-70$. A .049 Sure Start costs half of that.

Wow I highly recommend purchasing from the UK or the US then!
A babe bee can be had for under $10
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Hm, interesting.

Definitely all of them our pictures and some of the products are only available from us. I can't find corresponding reseller sales to Poland so I wonder how he does it?

No Pee Wee sorry but try www.selcthobbies.com Steve has some reasonably priced ones left in stock.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Cox International wrote:

Hm, interesting.

Definitely all of them our pictures and some of the products are only available from us. I can't find corresponding reseller sales to Poland so I wonder how he does it?

No Pee Wee sorry but try www.selcthobbies.com Steve has some reasonably priced ones left in stock.

Bernie,
probably buying from you without the discount that is why his prices are so high.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Indra:

"Bernie,
probably buying from you without the discount that is why his prices are so high."-Indra

Sorry but that cheap shot at Steve is ENTIRELY uncalled for. I got my "raw stock" PeeWee from Steve about a year and a half ago for $44.95. As Steve's supplies dwindle what would you expect to happen to the price?

Steve has also raised the price on his remainig stock of TD .010's by $25. Every seller, including Bernie will do the same things for reasons I totally understand. You don't seem to realize or accept that business people are in operation to make a reasonable profit and not just for the amusement.

I believe that you owe Steve Adams an apology.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm

SuperDave wrote:Indra:

"Bernie,
probably buying from you without the discount that is why his prices are so high."-Indra

Sorry but that cheap shot at Steve is ENTIRELY uncalled for. I got my "raw stock" PeeWee from Steve about a year and a half ago for $44.95. As Steve's supplies dwindle what would you expect to happen to the price?

Steve has also raised the price on his remainig stock of TD .010's by $25. Every seller, including Bernie will do the same things for reasons I totally understand. You don't seem to realize or accept that business people are in operation to make a reasonable profit and not just for the amusement.

Dave you took that the wrong way!
I know all about steve, I meant the polish fellow selling babe bees for 70-80 dollars!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:49 pm

nitroairplane wrote:

"Bernie,

I know all about steve, I meant the polish fellow selling babe bees for 70-80 dollars!

I read your comment as refering to the Polish supplier, Indra, how easily we are misunderstood! Sad
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:

"Bernie,

I read your comment as refering to the Polish supplier, Indra, how easily we are misunderstood! Sad

Yup however some don't see that I should specify in the future.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 pm

This whole matter wouldn't have arisen if Dirk Friendly had specified his location in the beginning. Huh...

Last edited by SuperDave on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_cox Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Dirk,

I am in Europe (The Netherlands) and I still sell .020's NIB. Also babe bee's and more Cox engines parts and planes. Shipping to Poland is cheap and fast. Payment could be done by bank with iban and bic.

The website is in my signature under this message.
mr_cox
mr_cox
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://coxengines.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:15 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
Cox International wrote:

Hm, interesting.

Bernie,
probably buying from you without the discount that is why his prices are so high.

Actually, I am mistaken and apologize. Slawomir has an account as reseller with us. I was not aware until now that he clipped our pics but that's fine as long as we are the ones supplying him the product.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Ah ok confusion settled.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 am

SuperDave wrote:This whole matter wouldn't have arisen if Dirk Friendly had specified his location in the beginning. Huh...
I have updated the profile.
In my defense, I didn't expect the discussion to drift toward engine availability in various countries Wink

mr_cox wrote:I am in Europe (The Netherlands) and I still sell .020's NIB. Also babe bee's and more Cox engines parts and planes. Shipping to Poland is cheap and fast. Payment could be done by bank with iban and bic.
Thanks, this site is very interesting and next time I need an engine I will definitely buy there.
Please note, however:
- the Baby Bee, at 200PLN is still one of the cheapest engines that I can buy in Poland. The 100PLN .049 Die Cast is by far the cheapest.
- 60$ might sound excessive for a Baby Bee, but this is mostly due to the exchange rate. The price in $ does not concern me much, as I don't earn in $
- if I go to the bank just to make an international payment (I'm not sure if my online account supports this) to save 10 or 20 bucks, it may well mean that I am working for below minimum wage. Buying from Sławomir, I was able to order, pay and have the engine delivered without leaving the house. It's -17 degrees here right now, BTW.
- last time I checked a couple of years ago, polish banks tend to charge ridiculously high fees for international payments.

So far, I'm very happy about having my Baby Bee.
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:10 am

dirk gently wrote:
SuperDave wrote:This whole matter wouldn't have arisen if Dirk Friendly had specified his location in the beginning. Huh...
I have updated the profile.
In my defense, I didn't expect the discussion to drift toward engine availability in various countries Wink

mr_cox wrote:I am in Europe (The Netherlands) and I still sell .020's NIB. Also babe bee's and more Cox engines parts and planes. Shipping to Poland is cheap and fast. Payment could be done by bank with iban and bic.
Thanks, this site is very interesting and next time I need an engine I will definitely buy there.
Please note, however:
- the Baby Bee, at 200PLN is still one of the cheapest engines that I can buy in Poland. The 100PLN .049 Die Cast is by far the cheapest.
- 60$ might sound excessive for a Baby Bee, but this is mostly due to the exchange rate. The price in $ does not concern me much, as I don't earn in $
- if I go to the bank just to make an international payment (I'm not sure if my online account supports this) to save 10 or 20 bucks, it may well mean that I am working for below minimum wage. Buying from Sławomir, I was able to order, pay and have the engine delivered without leaving the house. It's -17 degrees here right now, BTW.
- last time I checked a couple of years ago, polish banks tend to charge ridiculously high fees for international payments.

So far, I'm very happy about having my Baby Bee.

That's what's important at the end of the day, being happy with what you have, and the Babe Bee is a great engine, with hundreds of suitable models available to fly it. What more do you need?

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:15 am

What more? Well of course, I need to build an aircraft to put the Bee into the air!
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:18 am

Just for interest, I went onto the Polish site where Dirk bought his Babe Bee, and let Google translate the Polish, some of the translations are a bit suspect, but quite funny, how do you fancy a "COX .049 SureStart Droid Fighter model on a leash" ?? lol!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:22 am

dirk gently wrote:What more? Well of course, I need to build an aircraft to put the Bee into the air!

What type of model interests you, radio control, free flight, or control line? I have plans for hundreds of models which I'd be happy to send you copies of via EMail, as long as you could get them printed out.

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_cox Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 am

When i send money with iban and bic code in europe it is free. In poland it should be the same.
mr_cox
mr_cox
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://coxengines.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:40 am

Ivanhoe wrote:Just for interest, I went onto the Polish site where Dirk bought his Babe Bee, and let Google translate the Polish, some of the translations are a bit suspect, but quite funny, how do you fancy a "COX .049 SureStart Droid Fighter model on a leash" ?? lol!

Good one Smile

I intend to build a PZL 62 - a polish WWII fighter project (which never went into mass production). I would appreciate if you sent me the plans - just so I could compare my design ideas to something I know flies. Anyway, the PZL 62 has a typical layout - low wing monoplane, so I guess it won't be too hard to convert any similar plans by changing the fuselage shape and wing outline, while preserving crucial technical characteristics.
I intend to make a 2ch RC out of it - ailerons + elevator. The tricky part is that it has to be able to glide when the engine runs out of fuel, so I need to keep an eye on the weight.

mr_cox wrote:When i send money with iban and bic code in europe it is free. In poland it should be the same.
You're probably right. The last time I checked might have been before we were in the EU.
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:24 am

dirk gently wrote:

I intend to build a PZL 62 - a polish WWII fighter project (which never went into mass production). I would appreciate if you sent me the plans - just so I could compare my design ideas to something I know flies. Anyway, the PZL 62 has a typical layout - low wing monoplane, so I guess it won't be too hard to convert any similar plans by changing the fuselage shape and wing outline, while preserving crucial technical characteristics.
I intend to make a 2ch RC out of it - ailerons + elevator. The tricky part is that it has to be able to glide when the engine runs out of fuel, so I need to keep an eye on the weight.

I don't know the PZL 62, not an aircraft I've come across before, I wouldn't have plans for it but I'll see what I can find for you. The only Polish fighter I know is the PZL P.24, the gull wing one, which the Aeromodeller magazine here in the UK published an excellent plan for back in the 60s, and which I remember building at the time. Lovely looking aircraft.

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:36 am

The PZL 62 was supposed to look somewhat like this:
http://www.karaya.pl/thumbnails/mid/product/10fba72e9ac62ec7eaaa899b3e57981a1d9a34c6.jpg (lousy picture, sorry)

The PZL P.24 is a sweet looking aircraft, but way to difficult for me to build, with its gull wing, wing struts and what not. I would still appreciate the plans though, perhaps someday I will feel like I'm able to give it a try.
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:11 am

dirk gently wrote:The PZL 62 was supposed to look somewhat like this:
http://www.karaya.pl/thumbnails/mid/product/10fba72e9ac62ec7eaaa899b3e57981a1d9a34c6.jpg (lousy picture, sorry)

The PZL P.24 is a sweet looking aircraft, but way to difficult for me to build, with its gull wing, wing struts and what not. I would still appreciate the plans though, perhaps someday I will feel like I'm able to give it a try.

I must ask you, Dirk, are you an experienced R/C flyer? The reason for asking is that PZL 62 will be VERY unstable as a model, low wings always are (See the long discussion on this forum about the stability of the Spitfire)

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next