Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

These people LITERALLY think I’m an idiot. - Page 2 Cox_ba12

These people LITERALLY think I’m an idiot. - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Birthday Robert ( Rsv1cox )
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:32 am

» Irvine Mills .75 replica
by Coxfledgling Today at 8:09 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by 1/2A Nut Today at 4:32 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (October 2024)
by Admin Today at 1:33 am

» Carburetor Sprinkler Rod Peak Tee Dee .049 / .051
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» OS MAX-D
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by getback Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» Cox .020 PeeWee/TeeDee prop-screw
by getback Yesterday at 7:55 am

» Wanted peewee 20 fuel tank
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:40 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -October 2024-
by Admin Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:33 pm

» Off topic - Tonka dump truck restoration. 10:27
by rsv1cox Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

These people LITERALLY think I’m an idiot. - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

These people LITERALLY think I’m an idiot.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

These people LITERALLY think I’m an idiot. - Page 2 Empty Re: These people LITERALLY think I’m an idiot.

Post  pkrankow Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:36 am

I grew up benefiting from "book rate" labor since my Dad was a mechanic. 45 years with Firestone. He was an alignment tech for the last decade, and knew the job so well that taking home checks for twice the time he was in the building was normal. The book time is based on someone who is not doing that exact job every day and knows how it is done. Many many things changed in the time my Dad worked there. Pay per time to pay per book time was one of the largest changes that was not simply technology changing.

The book time also is a protection against the customer as well. If the job takes LONGER than the book time the mechanic gets paid the same as if it took the correct time, or less time. It also means the job can be quoted out exactly.

Yes, this whole relation with the dealer sounds shady and unpleasant. I have dealt with shady shops who are pretty odd and questionable in their pricing. I also have dealt with straight shops, dealers and otherwise. It is best to question the shop, and taking the concerns to the manager was the best thing to do.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

These people LITERALLY think I’m an idiot. - Page 2 Empty Re: These people LITERALLY think I’m an idiot.

Post  getback Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:53 am

I wonder why you got a call from the Mechanic (Tech) and not the service Manger in the first place ,, and Tech's are under payed or at least I fell I was for the back , hand , mind , scaring adventure it has been !! the United States way. I hope you get it straightened out for the right price Mark .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:59 am

Best place for mechanic work was Okinawa, Japan. There overall, it was more depended upon the skill of the mechanic, some so-so and some good, but there was a high probability that you'd not be ripped off. They have an excellent sense of ethics. Back in 2006, I had a torn front axle shaft boot on my 1996 Nissan Avenir wagon (Infinity G3 in US). Mori's replaced it for under $100 US labour, turned around same day. I had the part and gave it to him. There, (at least then), they still had gas station attendants that will fill your tank and wipe your windows, check your oil.

I went to Papa-san, a motorcycle salvage dealer (breakers) and repair shop outside Kadena Air Base. He looked at my 1987 Suzuki LS650 Savage motorcycle that I imported from US. It failed inspection because of my headlight. Papa-san looked at it. I told him the Japanese inspectors failed it, saying that the glass was ground wrong. He told me, "You know, those inspectors are idiots. Reflector bowl looks symmetrical. If you change the bulb (had a US one), that will probably fix it." I bought a bulb from him (less than $15 US) and he installed it. Returned to the inspection station and it passed.
If I could return to living in Okinawa, I'd do it in a heartbeat. drunken Beer Cheers sunny
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:47 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:
If I could return to living in Okinawa, I'd do it in a heartbeat. drunken Beer Cheers sunny

Sounds like a great place sunny

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BmnbBGO-Kjo

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2