Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Consolidated half-A C/L Sonic Star
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 pm

» Betty Skelton
by roddie Today at 6:44 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by Ken Cook Today at 5:03 pm

» New Model Build
by rdw777 Today at 2:52 pm

» The box, "Dad's Christmas Bells", and a Cox and Cabin connection
by rsv1cox Today at 10:52 am

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Today at 10:30 am

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by roddie Today at 10:02 am

» THE MOST ULTIMATE TD .049 POWERED COMBAT PLANE OF ALL TIME...!!!
by TD ABUSER Today at 9:25 am

» 1940's?...............
by rsv1cox Today at 7:46 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (September 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 7:19 am

» Lesson learned
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» Billy's Scientific "Sizzlin Liz" Mustang
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:21 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  dckrsn Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Look at you! Hand Shake Beer Cheers
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack!

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 pm

dckrsn wrote:Look at you! Hand Shake Beer Cheers
Bob

Thanks, look at the Plane! Field repairs........ lol!

Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 2 Tg9gf
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks guys,

That was a long 35yr wait last flight attempt was quite a while back. Need to tell my Dad I finally flew the darn thing.

Yep, 17' lines. Good thing the Babe bee wasn't a screamer or I probably would have tossed my cookies.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  lousyflyer Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Yeah those short lines make... well, you know by now.
lousyflyer
lousyflyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:26 pm

How did you launch her Ron? Flying
Bob

dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Good going, Cribbs, welcome to the control liners' club! 17' lines, Damn! I bet you did make some divots.
C/L is a wild ride isn't it.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:02 pm

dckrsn wrote:How did you launch her Ron? Flying
Bob

Daughter hand launched. I tried the cardboard runway but, it didn't work real well.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

RknRusty wrote:Good going, Cribbs, welcome to the control liners' club! 17' lines, Damn! I bet you did make some divots.
C/L is a wild ride isn't it.

Thanks Rusty! Yeah she came down hard a couple times (see pics) I think I will keep her ugly and finish it out when I can fly a little better.

Even though they were 17' I didn't get as dizzy as I thought. I krpt my eyes on the prize and I only stumbled a couple times when the fuel ran out.

Once the hickory dissapears I should be able to do 35' easy. A 70' circle would be nice.

I also need to take the Babe bee apart and clean it out real good. I was too excited to tear it down to clean it properly.

Yes it was a wild ride but a fun one. Dang I am still excited.

Last edited by cribbs74 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692990

More practice planes!
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Jason_WI wrote:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692990

More practice planes!

Thanks for the link. $115 is a mite steep for a few Skyrays though. They go for about $18 on ebay.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:07 am

Well done, Ron! Get rid of the tree and keep on flying! Airplane
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:10 am

AWRIGHT !!!!!!!!! Now, the harpoon is set !!!! Just wait 'till you get that rascal out to 35' with all the extra "Sky" that will give you !!! Yep...much as I love trees and critters and nature in general, it's chainsaw time ! A guy's just GOT to have his flying circle!

And speaking of circles: Where else but here is a guy gonna get such a cheering section as he attempts his first 1/2A Control Line Flight ??!!!!!!

Congrats !!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kim on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:23 am

Top Man Ron
Can't wait for the Vid.
Well Done
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:55 am

John Goddard wrote:Top Man Ron
Can't wait for the Vid.
Well Done
Very Happy
+1
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:10 am

Now, cut down the tree, get comfy with the Lil Wizard on 35' lines, build the Scout, install a healthy engine, then...get ready to say, "Holy Smokin' Balsa Batman....What have I got holt of heah ???!!!!! "
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:21 am

Kim wrote:AWRIGHT !!!!!!!!! Now, the harpoon is set !!!! Just wait 'till you get that rascal out to 35' with all the extra "Sky" that will give you !!! Yep...much as I love trees and critters and nature in general, it's chainsaw time ! A guy's just GOT to have his flying circle!

And speaking of circles: Where else but here is a guy gonna get such a cheering section as he attempts his first 1/2A Control Line Flight ??!!!!!!

Congrats !!!!!!!!

No doubt, I really appreciate all the "atta boys" nowhere else would anyone give a hoot.

Yeah, I had no problem cutting down the tree until my neighbor told me "that there's a Hickory son"

Thing is it wasn't pruned properly and it looks more like a bush than a tree. So.......I am going to go Paul Bunyan on it. It was a ton of fun even though my poor little plane took a severe beating. The Babe bee was a champ though. Kept on firing up and would settle in right away. I wish it would have stayed on the rich side but, it just wanted to go!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:00 am

Nice Ron! I learned on a Carl Goldberg Wizard as well. I got it second hand at a swap. I really only bought it for the engine. Had a RC Golden Bee. Had the Wizard and the CG decal on the tail but those have pretty much flaked off completely. I need to replace those. I flew on 35 ft of some kind of yarn like string. Bowed the lines like crazy in the wind. Still flew though.

Now go get a vid!

Rolla
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 am

Ron:

WOOOOOHOOOOO! Fireworks

See, it wasn't all that hard after all! With all our prodding you came through just fine.

(With 17 foot lines I'm surprised that you didn't auger yourself into the ground) Laughing

When is the NEXT flight???????
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:45 am

cribbs74 wrote:Kept on firing up and would settle in right away. I wish it would have stayed on the rich side but, it just wanted to go!

Ron
If you had run it rich, you'd have been stumbling around back-peddling and cussing at the limp lines. Speed is good, get used to it! Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 2 Biggrin
Tomorrow's the big day or how I became a lumberjack! - Page 2 F14

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 am

Ron:

Why do you choose to fly in such a restrictive space? (Yes I know that it is in your own yard) Surely there are more spacious locations nereby.

Flying on longer lines will allow you more time to react and the plane won't appear to be flying as fast.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:04 am

Godsey3.0 wrote:Nice Ron! I learned on a Carl Goldberg Wizard as well. I got it second hand at a swap. I really only bought it for the engine. Had a RC Golden Bee. Had the Wizard and the CG decal on the tail but those have pretty much flaked off completely. I need to replace those. I flew on 35 ft of some kind of yarn like string. Bowed the lines like crazy in the wind. Still flew though.

Now go get a vid!

Rolla

Will do, I have decals for the Wizard already done up if you want a set.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 am

SuperDave wrote:Ron:

Why do you choose to fly in such a restrictive space? (Yes I know that it is in your own yard) Surely there are more spacious locations nereby.

Flying on longer lines will allow you more time to react and the plane won't appear to be flying as fast.

I actually have a lot of space, it's just at the moment I have a tree dead center of my circle. Some of my property is wooded but I have an an area roughly 150'x175' I can fly in once the tree is removed.

Convenience is the main reason I choose to fly in my own yard and impatience is the reason I decided to fly before cutting the tree down. Very Happy
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am

Good job Ron! Not bad on the repairs, you do what is needed to keep flying. Yum,, Hickory smoked deliciousness, tell your neighbor it wont go to waste.

A flying buddy once trounced his wing on his Mojo 60 3d plane. He had me watch his stuff as he ran down to the mini mart for a case of Coors sliver bullet. He carefully tore the box apart and used the thin cardboard to repair the big tear in the wing with wide boxing tape. It flew just fine like that till the cracked tail fuse section fell off one day,,about 3 yrs.

17' lines??? Lol,, get er dun!,,We have created a monster!!
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Flying on 17' lines? If you'd crossed your legs you could have screwed yourself into the ground!
lol!

One good thing, if you managed to fly it on 17' you will have NO problem on 35' cheers
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Not trying to sound macho or anything but, those short lines really weren't all that bad. I was a little dizzy upon completion but, I didn't fall down. 35' will be real nice!

I am stuck here at work.....I wanna do it again right now.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum