Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:26 pm

» The Three Stooges
by roddie Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Green vent..
by roddie Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» 049 Tee Dee needle valve bodies and 049 TD engines - Potential flaw
by Cox International Yesterday at 4:33 pm

» PSA propellors!!!
by robot797 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» My First Balloon Tank Attempt
by roddie Yesterday at 11:42 am

» Fall S.M.A.L.L. 2024 Wednesday October, 16th.
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 am

» Who purchased one of my manifolds and has a tuned pipe that will fit to it?
by davidll1984 Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:15 pm

» OK Cub .024
by 049kid Wed Oct 16, 2024 12:31 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by 049kid Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:17 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 3 Empty Re: Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota

Post  Admin Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:58 pm

SuperDave wrote:Jacob:

Please tell us why you are engaging in discussing something of a

political nature on the forum.

Have you not revisited the General Rules since you wrote them?

I'll suspend myself for a week, LOL! I did go a little too far into it... I don't mind the discussions about crap like bills and law changes, only when it starts to get out of control in which it is starting to. I'm normally not into politics but this fireworks thing really set me off.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 3 Empty Re: Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota

Post  SuperDave Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Jacob:

German Chancellor Otto von Bismark said it best:

"You are better off not knowing how laws and sausages are made." Laughing
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 pm

I don't see any rule against posting about a political event. Where does it say that? This is the Off Topic forum. I only read a couple of the posts since I commented on the first page, but I scanned them and found no sign of inflammatory content. And I didn't follow the links, so maybe the unacceptable content lies there.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:48 pm

RknRusty wrote:

I don't see any rule against posting about a political event. Where does it say that? This is the Off Topic forum. I only read a couple of the posts since I commented on the first page, but I scanned them and found no sign of inflammatory content. And I didn't follow the links, so maybe the unacceptable content lies there.

I yelled at a few people (probably Dave Laughing ) in the past about political arguments... I may have remove the political thing from it, I have to revise it again. Many of the rules that were posted were just general rules that most other forums had. Since I really didn't know how this crowd would be at that time, I just used that set of rules.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:14 pm

I think the rules are fine for now. You cannot please everybody, and this topic is neither inflammatory nor argumentive.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:47 am

RknRusty wrote:I think the rules are fine for now. You cannot please everybody, and this topic is neither inflammatory nor argumentive.

Rusty:

The line between a "discussion" and an "arguementation" is often crossed in the preception of the reader especially when reading the opinion of someone in opposition. Factual information should trumph passions which have been expressed from both sides in this instance.

For as long as freedom reigns may the flow of information continue without rancor. 1st Amendment "free speech" isn't often "pretty" especially when it runs counter to one's personal thinking.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 pm

A veto-override has been attempted earlier today but it didn't receive the 45 required yeses in the senate... Since the main supports and authors Sen. Mike Jungbauer and Rep. John Kriesel are retiring this year, the chances of another fireworks bill next year are slim.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Did you manage to find some diecent fireworks jacob?. Tomorrow is the day. Have my mortar racks set up and ready, bbq is primed,,folks on the way for the get-together.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:33 pm

LOL! I did not buy any fireworks this year, never made it to Wisconsin. I still have a few bottle rockets and a brick of firecrackers and I think a small cake, nothing legal... They claim that they will be "extra enforcing" the firework law this year in hopes to stop people from crossing the border but as I sit here writing this, I hear the muffled pops of firecrackers, shells, bottle rockets going off right now. Just yesterday, they said the consumer fireworks will be banned this year because of the dry weather so most (but not all) firework tents have closed up. I haven't heard anything about the ban since then so I'm not even sure if it is actually going on or not. This "Safe and Sane" crap really sucks, its only good as a little filler in a great fireworks show. I usually do check out the tents around here anyway as sometimes you find something cool and or illegal (such as some whistling chasers that I found at a stand here in MN, ground chasers especially with a report are illegal, lol these chasers have 2 loud reports LOL). I found some "Smoke Firecrackers" at a stand a few years ago too that looked to be at least 30 years old, just a novelty but still neat. They have increased the punishment for the possession and use of illegal fireworks from a $500 fine to a $1000 fine plus 90 days in jail (yet they lowered the punishment for using weed) but so far it sounds like more people are using fun fireworks this year than any other year.

Sounds like you have a great setup, be sure to take some pictures!

I'm currently putting a Cox 4th of July scene together and should have it posted in a little while.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Will try to take pics. Being the cook, and good guest host chomps up the time. And also the head of entertainment later on,,lol. My visco fuse that burns 3 meters a second finnaly showed up, along with my chain link connectors. One touch of the torch and about 30 3" mortars go off with a 3/4 second delay between tube shots. Its a pretty nice barrage,,lol.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:10 pm

I just got off the phone with a friend who said he went to the city hall to ask if he could get a permit to use firecrackers and they just said "you can only do that in Wisconsin, no permits are given for such items as they are completely prohibited and illegal to use in this state, the only permits given are to those who are professionals using class b 1.3G fireworks for public shows". I have actually always wondered if you could get a permit to shoot off firecrackers and bottle rockets in Minnesota as it does say "prohibited without permit" after listing all the illegal ones.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 am

Opps!

I just stumbled on to this discussion between the "firebugs" who would incinerate and endanger life and property as a means of celbration of the Fourth while much of the west is already ablaze with wildfires.

Nothing like adding to the problem I say. Mad Mad Mad
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 am

Jacob, you would probably need a Pyro license, then pay the around $1500 for the public display permit, then the ok by the BATF, then the ok by the local Fire Marshall, just to set off 1 firecracker and 1 bottle rocket,,lol.

Acctually for the last few years I have been contemplating getting a BATF explosives manufacturer license and also a Pyro guild license. There is a Pyro entertainment place really close by and they have 3 classes in the spring that equip you with all the info and training needed to get both, along with signatures by licensed folks. Having a Commercial license with a now hazardous materials endorsement helps a bunch. It would allow me to transport and pick up the loaded trucks for delivery to the shows and that alone adds to the experience needed for the licenses. The BATF manufacturer license is a few more hoops and a handful of bucks to jump thru, but still obtainable.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:40 am

Kentucky just recently legalized fireworks other than poppers and sparklers. Previously, we crossed the river, headed in Kim's direction, to buy at BOOMLand. However, at this time, western KY is in a stage 4 drought (1 to 5 scale), and all fireworks are currently banned. You can buy, but just can't shoot.

Everything is tender dry and I certainly support the ban.

andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 am

andrew wrote:Kentucky just recently legalized fireworks other than poppers and sparklers. Previously, we crossed the river, headed in Kim's direction, to buy at BOOMLand. However, at this time, western KY is in a stage 4 drought (1 to 5 scale), and all fireworks are currently banned. You can buy, but just can't shoot.

Everything is tender dry and I certainly support the ban.

Yeah...at this moment, I'm prepping for our "4th of July Gun Day" later this afternoon, and we're probably gonna settle for B-B Guns and Cold Soda as the main attraction ! Even with the storms we had yesterday and this morning, everything is still parched, so no bottle rocket fights, flaming gasoline explosions, or pretty green tracers for us !!!

It WOULD be a great opportunity for "Gun Princesses in Bikinis Day", but Mrs. Rory got upset upset about our last photo session (even with no bikinis involved!), so it's hamburgers, hotdogs, soda, and chips today !!!

Still...grateful for my Freedom and the Sacrifice made by Those who gifted it to me...3rd degree burns or not...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 am

Well, if it banned and very dry, then yes no shooting at all. We have been very wet this year in this part of the country, so no ban, but a very subdued neighborhood this year, usually banging and booming as soon as the stands open.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:15 pm

That's just it, it has not been dry around here. It rained like ever other day last month, it just rained last night and the night before that was a storm that did some damage just out of the city. I haven't heard anything about the ban since I heard it once on one of the news stations a few days ago. If it is in effect, they sure don't want people to know about it. I have a bit of paranoia about fires, such as, I can't leave an old clock or radio plugged in overnight without either rebuilding first it or really checking it over. That goes the same for a spent firework that may land on the roof, the shingles are unlikely to catch fire being made from asphalt but you still worry and spray water up there. I keep the garden hose near by with a long distance nozzle on it. If you know you have a ban on them right now, then don't do them.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3