Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:26 pm

» The Three Stooges
by roddie Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Green vent..
by roddie Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» 049 Tee Dee needle valve bodies and 049 TD engines - Potential flaw
by Cox International Yesterday at 4:33 pm

» PSA propellors!!!
by robot797 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» My First Balloon Tank Attempt
by roddie Yesterday at 11:42 am

» Fall S.M.A.L.L. 2024 Wednesday October, 16th.
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 am

» Who purchased one of my manifolds and has a tuned pipe that will fit to it?
by davidll1984 Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:15 pm

» OK Cub .024
by 049kid Wed Oct 16, 2024 12:31 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by 049kid Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:17 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 2 Empty Re: Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota

Post  GermanBeez Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:51 pm

wow jacob, you're really into state law, i'm impressed!
where'd you learn all that?
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota - Page 2 Empty Re: Legalizing All Consumer Fireworks in Minnesota

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 pm

GermanBeez wrote:wow jacob, you're really into state law, i'm impressed!

school

stay in school LOL

When I start to follow something, I'll try to learn as much info as possible. LOL

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 pm

lol, same here.
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:06 pm

GermanBeez wrote:wow jacob, you're really into state law, i'm impressed!
Well he has been alive for 48 years so I am sure he picked bits up here and there Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Admin wrote:Well, everyone already uses the "illegal" fireworks anyway.

With your reasoning Jacob why not legalize murder, speeding, marijuana, underage drinking, rape, incest.............................. Heck, "everyone's doing it anyway", why not?

In 48 years you haven't learned much about human nature. Civilization is but a thin mask. Strip away the prohibitions and what do you have?

Chaos.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:14 pm

SuperDave wrote:
Admin wrote:Well, everyone already uses the "illegal" fireworks anyway.

With your reasoning Jacob why not legalize murder, speeding, marijuana, underage drinking, rape, incest.............................. Heck, "everyone's doing it anyway", why not?

In 48 years you haven't learned much about human nature. Civilization is but a thin mask. Strip away the prohibitions and what do you have?

Chaos.

48 years, LOL! You have me confused with nitro. Oh come on, murder, rape... You need to think about it... fireworks don't compare to any of those. Al least they enforce the laws against murder, rape speeding and such. I want it passed because I enjoy my fireworks and celebrating the 4th LEGALLY. The fireworks law was enforced very little the way it is around here. I lit a strip of firecrackers shortly after cops drove by, they didn't do anything. We can't have anything that is illegal in the US, only things made legal to use as consumer fireworks. A little more than half of the country already allow the sale and use of those fireworks. What I was saying is that everyone around here is shooting them off while WI, ND and SD get all the sale money for them. They really want to legalize it because of the money the state could be making in the sales tax.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:15 am

Cant wait for the 4th. The excitement is building already, along with the 5 family entertainment fund. Its gonna be a big bang this year!. Hope it goes thru jacob.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:28 am

I'm so excited about the Fourth that I'm going to make a monetary donation to the local fire department that serves our mountain cabin. Last time they were called to protect our property their hoses were so leaky that they looked like soaker hoses for the garden.

The surrounding neighbors rallied suppress the fire useing the own hoses in support of the leaky FD hoses. Since the fire ocurred on the weekend of the Fourth, there were a lot of neighbors and their guests present to assist.

Had the fire ocurred under different circumstances the FD would have been hard-pressed to put out the fire and prevent even more property damage than happened.

Just another side of the Fourth perspective.

Last edited by SuperDave on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:15 am

SuperDave wrote:I'm so excited about the Fourth that I'm going to make a monetary donation to the local fire department that serves our mountain cabin. Last time they were called to protect our property their hoses were so leaky that they looked like soaker hoses for the garden.

The surrounding neighbors rallied suppress the fire useing the own hoses in support of the leaky FD hoses. Since the fire ocurred on the weekend of the Fourth, there were a lot of neighbors and their guests present to assist.

Had the fire ocurred under different circumstances the FD would have been hard-pressed to put out the fire and prevent even more property damage than happened.

Just another side of the Fourth prespective.

That's nice! They really do need to replace the equipment when it starts to break down. We have a fire station at the end of our block that they will be tearing down sometime within the next few years along with the other Roseville stations so they can build one large one on the other side of town. Not the happiest with the idea as it will likely take longer for them to respond to fires on the opposite side of town. They are doing this because he surrounding cities of Maplewood and Shoreview have done the same thing just to make the place look nicer. I'm 100% sure the house fire count will go up if the firework bill is passed because of accidents and there always will be that one dumb $#!% that has to light a mortar too close to their house or by a dry pine tree. I'm also sure more people will be ending up in the hospital because they didn't read the "do not hold in hand" warning on a pack of firecrackers or a dumb friend points a roman candle at someone.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:52 am

Yup, can't wait to celebrate our country's independence day. We owe it to those who died for that and continue to do so to this day. Damn the mountainous fires from lightening storms and all else,,,full speed ahead
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:00 am

Wait untill Keith's property or life is endangered by irresponbily used fireworks. Then listen to him howl in protest. Sad Sad Sad

Right, Keith? Cool
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 am

It doesn't take one day of irresponsibility for that to be threatened. Every day is different, could happen at any time due to any unforseen circumtances and it is unavoidable.

Worry all year long if you want to, you cant change the inevitable.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:32 am

Keith:

As they say in upscale Bellevue, WA, "Exretia ocurrs" but when it's preventable why invite it?

Our mountain cabin property abutts Gifford Pinchot National Forest. Should a fire break our in a national forest, care to guess who is reponsibile to control it? Once a fire climbs up into the trees the best that can be done is to contain it until it burns itself out.

Fires themselves create a updrafts naturally and suck in air which only fans the flames even more.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:56 am

The thing is, you can't prevent it. You can try and maybe succeed on a marginal scale, but as you posted, fire is it's own animal and it can happen at any time due to mice chewing on cables, to a wayard bottle rocket, to anything.

I don't want you cabin to burn down due to fireworks or anything of that nature and irresponsible folks celebrating the 4th in the dry july forest should be locked up. Agreed on that for sure, but all you can do in the end is hope and pray.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 am

Keith:

BTW, a fire in a national forest is soley the responsibility of the national forest. With budget cutbacks in place, imagine trying to get a response on a national holiday weekend like the Fourth of July.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:20 am

Yup, budget cutbacks kill alot more than most people can or want to admit.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Well good news (somewhat)!

The fireworks bill has passed the house and was sent back to the senate because of an amendment that was added in the house. The amendment makes it where only the non safe and sane fireworks can be sold and used between June 1 and July 7. The senate revoted and it was passed again within minutes. The bill is now on the governor's desk where if he doesn't pass or veto it within 3 days, it will be automatically passed. The only part I don't like is the selling and using period of 6-1 to 7-7, sure I really only use them between then but that kills the chance for year round stores.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Well, its beginning to sound if the bill is going sour... The governor was acting if he was happy about the bill in the past on the radio but because the burn centers, police chiefs, fire chiefs contacting him, he is now split on it. On the news, a survey was taken and around 2000 people voted, around 1800 of them said yes to the bill. Many people are starting to believe that he is going to veto the fireworks bill because he is beginning to get upset over the Vikings stadium bill not going anywhere. The "if not passed or vetoed in 3 days allows it to be passed anyway" deal mentioned earlier doesn't apply to this bill as it is just shy of the 2/3 in both the house and senate so if the gov doesn't touch it, it will just die...

The gov is having a meeting tomorrow morning with the writers of the bill and that will likely be the last of it. I have called Toll Free 800-657-3717 and left a message (if the will even check their voicemail) to let him know I support it and many others are doing so too. I have also sent him an email about it.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Well 2 hours left for the gov to sign or veto the bill. Well it did indeed qualify for the "pass in 3 days in not acted on by the gov" deal. He did not veto it or sign it yet. He has been saying that it is the hardest bill to decide on as most of the residents in the state want it but the police, fire, medics, schools and other safety and emergency orig. don't want it.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 pm

just 2 minutes after posting my last message the gov vetoed the bill that will legalize all fireworks. He said that all the emails, calls and faxes from the police, fire and medics have overridden all the support from average citizens. They try at this every year but in the years before, it usually doesn't even make it to the floor.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:20 am

So MOST of the residents in the state want it,,the residents that voted him into office,,but the publicly paid fire and rescue persuaded him to veto. Hmmmmm.

Sad,,very sad state of affairs.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:15 am

yep, people are really angry shown by their comments on all the news sites. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/04/28/dayton-vetoes-fireworks-expansion-attempt/#disqus_thread

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 am

Sucks to be a Minnesotan.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:35 pm

nitroairplane wrote:Sucks to be a Minnesotan.

It doesn't suck... its just that sometimes the damn political moves in this state really get to you. The fireworks for one. Before, I thought a new stadium for the Vikings would be great but now they are creating such a deal out of it that I just couldn't give a rats ass if they get it done or not. Many believe that Dayton was holding the fireworks bill over the heads of the supports in the house and senate to get them to work up a stadium bill to get on his desk but since that didn't happen, he just vetoed the firework bill at the last hour before deadline.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Jacob:

Please tell us why you are engaging in discussing something of a

political nature on the forum.

Have you not revisited the General Rules since you wrote them?
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next