Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Current status of Fitz Fuels - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Current status of Fitz Fuels - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stick built rubber powered Scientific ME-109
by rdw777 Today at 5:35 pm

» So Cool If you haven't seen it
by getback Today at 5:25 pm

» Ode to a dead cat
by rdw777 Today at 3:28 pm

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by rdw777 Today at 3:21 pm

» Peewee power
by rdw777 Today at 3:04 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:53 am

» some pics....
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:16 am

» Thrust Washer
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» Needle-Valve extensions (yellow) for Killer Bee
by EXModelEngines Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by balogh Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» cox tee dee 010 pulling a Roaring 20 I have reconstructed after the previous one was lost
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:08 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by GallopingGhostler Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Current status of Fitz Fuels - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Current status of Fitz Fuels

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Current status of Fitz Fuels - Page 2 Empty Re: Current status of Fitz Fuels

Post  944_Jim Mon May 25, 2020 9:40 pm

I use high nitro/low-lube heli fuel, mixed with lower nitro/more oil fuel, and adjust the castor content up. Both fuels are purchased at a hobby shop 2.5-3 hours away. I figure my smalls stuff is 22%-ish Nitro, 11% synth, 11% castor, and the remaining is methanol.

Some time recently I posted the .edu link to the "two fuel blend spreadsheet." Sine I fly smalls, I adjusted the guy's spreadsheet to come up with 8 oz batches instead of the default quart. This works fine for my Cox, Norvel and AP engines.

I also used the spreadsheet to prep 8 oz of fuel by taking the modified fuel (above) and blending with straight methanol and castor for the Fox .35 from Texas (Thanks, Mr. Fred). The Fox.seems to handle the mix well.
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue May 26, 2020 7:12 am

Ken thats been a month ago , why did you not order up some when it was available ? Huh...
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue May 26, 2020 7:42 am

Like TP any glow fuel has a supply chain problem. Fortunately I am not reading about any gouging....but when all 500 gallons are sold and shipped, that is it, until next ALLOTMENT of Nitro.......on a Web site a high demand commodity can sell out in hours
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 26, 2020 9:51 am

For what it's worth: I just got off the phone with Sig Mfg., and the lady assured me again that the fuel is back-ordered, and they are NOT permanently shutting down offering it.

I'll give it a couple weeks and try again.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am

Kim wrote:For what it's worth:  I just got off the phone with Sig Mfg., and the lady assured me again that the fuel is back-ordered, and they are NOT permanently shutting down offering it.

I'll give it a couple weeks and try again.

I have been going back and forth with Becky on the status of my order and they haven't even started to make it up yet. One month plus.

The Zipper is in jeopardy. Sad
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Tue May 26, 2020 10:28 am

Bob,
How much fuel do you need to get the Zipper in the air?
What state are you in?
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am

944_Jim wrote:Bob,
How much fuel do you need to get the Zipper in the air?
What state are you in?

Hi Jim, Thanks. Should have made myself clear. My order is for balsa not fuel. Got plenty of that. Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue May 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Eric, I purchased two qts back then. I use more fuel than most. This past weekend, my son and I went through a gallon in two days. I generally go through 2 cases of fuel a season. That's just stunt fuel which has 6 gallons to a case. I can easily go through a qt of 1/2A fuel just in one day. That equates to  6-8 runs on my fast combat ship and there goes a qt POOF!!!!!. Torco will sell me a case of their fuel which is only 4 gallons which is $177 shipped.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Current status of Fitz Fuels - Page 2 Empty Nitro shortage

Post  FitzFuels Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 pm

I've been out of Nitro for several weeks now as my distributor has been unable to restock. So I'm stuck waiting for more. Sad
Looks like this is an issue with lots of vendors.

-Fitz

FitzFuels
FitzFuels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Tue May 26, 2020 5:06 pm

944_Jim wrote:............
Some time recently I posted the .edu link to the "two fuel blend spreadsheet." Sine I fly smalls, I adjusted the guy's spreadsheet to come up with 8 oz batches instead of the default quart. This works fine for my Cox, Norvel and AP engines.

If the website is MurrayState.edu, then I wrote that spreadsheet a long, long time ago.  

I wrote a more user friendly version for Windows around 8 years back, but I only was able to find an executable -- all the source code is either on a stick somewhere or was left on my old machine.  The executable cannot be easily emailed due to security.  

Once the original quantity and blend of fuel is entered, you can use a slider to easily pick the percentage of castor you desire.  I've attached a screen shot of the program.  

Current status of Fitz Fuels - Page 2 Castor10
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Tue May 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Andrew,

Are you this guy?
http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/fuel.htm

If so, you should be marked as "Friend of the Forum." I've quoted the URL for that TWO FUEL mix spreadsheet on RCGroups, StuntHanger, and here. I took it and modified it for 8 oz production so I can mix on the fly...for the day of flying.

While the single fuel/amount of castor program is user friendly, the two fuel one has been the "Go To" for me as I can find all sorts of high nitro fuel with everything but lots of castor. I appreciate the ability to juggle the synth blends to get the synthetic component and nitro component down while upping the castor content.

My Norvels, AP Wasps, Cox engines, and one Fox .35 have all been quite happy running the blends generates by the spreadsheet.

Thanks much to Andy Batts!
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Current status of Fitz Fuels - Page 2 Empty Back in stock

Post  FitzFuels Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:42 am

FYI. I've been able to re-stock on nitro and fuel is now back in stock.
I've added listings to my ebay account.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

-Fitz
FitzFuels
FitzFuels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:09 am

Link to ebay Fitz Fuel

https://www.ebay.com/usr/e-helis

Small Cox Logo Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Hey Mr Fitz
any chance you divulge your mix
any chance you sell UCON LB 625 seperatly in pints or quarts
any chance for 99.99 pure NitroMethane in Pints or quarts SALES

none of us want to compete with your business...but having separate components to adjust with is prudent for near to distant future
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 am

Thank You two qt. 24 coming ,, wanted the 35 but shipping was much for singles . Babe Bee .049
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  J Bergsmith Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 pm

SIG isn’t just about out of business btw. They’ve had some challenges to overcome, but still moving forward.
J Bergsmith
J Bergsmith
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:56 am

Time will tell, challenges = struggling which is exactly what has been going on with them for nearly a decade. I believe they've underwent two exchanges of ownership in these past times. In addition, it's clearly evident that if you want to go bankrupt, just get into the hobby business. I certainly don't want that to happen. Sig was my go to place for wood, dope and fuel.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:59 am

Ken Cook wrote:             Time will tell, challenges = struggling which is exactly what has been going on with them for nearly a decade. I believe they've underwent two exchanges of ownership in these past times. In addition, it's clearly evident that if you want to go bankrupt, just get into the hobby business. I certainly don't want that to happen. Sig was my go to place for wood, dope and fuel.

Same here, but after two months of waiting and several back and forths I finally cancelled my order and they returned my money.  Guess my Zipper build will have to wait until I get to Hobby Lobby.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:46 am

rsv1cox wrote:
Ken Cook wrote:             Time will tell, challenges = struggling which is exactly what has been going on with them for nearly a decade. I believe they've underwent two exchanges of ownership in these past times. In addition, it's clearly evident that if you want to go bankrupt, just get into the hobby business. I certainly don't want that to happen. Sig was my go to place for wood, dope and fuel.

Same here, but after two months of waiting and several back and forths I finally cancelled my order and they returned my money.  Guess my Zipper build will have to wait until I get to Hobby Lobby.

What sizes do you need? I could send you a "CARE Package" !!!! Got enough balsa out in the shop to build a small house!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:00 am

Kim wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:

What sizes do you need?  I could send you a "CARE Package" !!!!  Got enough balsa out in the shop to build a small house!

Thanks for the offer Kim, but I'm on it. Several items at HL that I need, it's just getting there that's the problem.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:57 am

How to make a million in the hobby business??

Start with ten million!!!
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2