Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Cox_ba12

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Betty Skelton
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:20 pm

» Consolidated half-A C/L Sonic Star
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by Ken Cook Today at 5:03 pm

» New Model Build
by rdw777 Today at 2:52 pm

» The box, "Dad's Christmas Bells", and a Cox and Cabin connection
by rsv1cox Today at 10:52 am

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Today at 10:30 am

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by roddie Today at 10:02 am

» THE MOST ULTIMATE TD .049 POWERED COMBAT PLANE OF ALL TIME...!!!
by TD ABUSER Today at 9:25 am

» 1940's?...............
by rsv1cox Today at 7:46 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (September 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 7:19 am

» Lesson learned
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» Billy's Scientific "Sizzlin Liz" Mustang
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:21 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Empty Re: So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:40 pm

balogh, you keep a very nice yard, well landscaped and well kept, would catch anybody's eyes here as a model example. Nice Roaring 20 aircraft, too. I built one of those from a Top Flite kit purchased from Hobby Shack in 1973, powered by .020 Pee Wee and Ace single channel pulse proportional on 26.995 MHz (brown). It was even more fun on single channel as it was quicker and more manueverable than my first, a Top Flite 27" (685 mm) span RC Schoolboy.

crankbndr, that is a fantastic renewal of your trailer. Decking is tight, super clean and sharp, looks better than the original.

getback, isn't that the truth about a house always requiring repair. If it isn't one thing, it is another. Regarding Thompson's water seal, yep, there's been some good to the acrylic stuff to bad. Our highway cracks here are grouted with some type of alternative stuff that isn't as penetrating or long wearing as the old stuff. I see it bubbling up all the time.

Jason_WI, your farm equipment and field looks like it could be taken here as well. We are surrounded by 18 dairy farms, some poultry, cotton, millet, corn, and other crops as well in the various fields too.

Roddie, I see you got a little unexpected snow. We had snow here in eastern New Mexico a week ago, right when the trees were flowering. It only lasted 2 days before all melting.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Dscf1510
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Empty Re: So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Post  roddie Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:23 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:balogh, you keep a very nice yard, well landscaped and well kept, would catch anybody's eyes here as a model example. Nice Roaring 20 aircraft, too. I built one of those from a Top Flite kit purchased from Hobby Shack in 1973, powered by .020 Pee Wee and Ace single channel pulse proportional on 26.995 MHz (brown). It was even more fun on single channel as it was quicker and more manueverable than my first, a Top Flite 27" (685 mm) span RC Schoolboy.

crankbndr, that is a fantastic renewal of your trailer. Decking is tight, super clean and sharp, looks better than the original.

getback, isn't that the truth about a house always requiring repair. If it isn't one thing, it is another. Regarding Thompson's water seal, yep, there's been some good to the acrylic stuff to bad. Our highway cracks here are grouted with some type of alternative stuff that isn't as penetrating or long wearing as the old stuff. I see it bubbling up all the time.

Jason_WI, your farm equipment and field looks like it could be taken here as well. We are surrounded by 18 dairy farms, some poultry, cotton, millet, corn, and other crops as well in the various fields too.

Roddie, I see you got a little unexpected snow. We had snow here in eastern New Mexico a week ago, right when the trees were flowering. It only lasted 2 days before all melting.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Dscf1510

Hi George! Good to hear from you. I'd been preparing for "around the property" projects... when I was offered to work on a skeleton-crew for my employer.. which I chose to do. We work in a large open floor-plan shop where there's typically 30+ feet distance between workstations. There's currently 7 people (1/3 of us..) working.

I was marveling at Jason's Farm. There are some beautiful farms (mostly dairy) nearby to us here in Northern Rhode Island.

One in particular is Wright's Dairy Farm.. Their baked-goods and fresh milk/cream are to die for..

https://www.wrightsdairyfarm.com/
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Here’s my apocalypse hideout location. Secluded with clear water creek. This creek runs through our farm for about 3/4 of a mile.

We farm on the Niagara Escarpment with limestone that has karst features. Water drains away fairly fast. We can get an inch of rain and the next day have no problems working a field.

Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:24 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:balogh, you keep a very nice yard, well landscaped and well kept, would catch anybody's eyes here as a model example. Nice Roaring 20 aircraft, too. I built one of those from a Top Flite kit purchased from Hobby Shack in 1973, powered by .020 Pee Wee and Ace single channel pulse proportional on 26.995 MHz (brown). It was even more fun on single channel as it was quicker and more manueverable than my first, a Top Flite 27" (685 mm) span RC Schoolboy.

Thanks, George,

my wife and I both love a nice garden with colorful plants. Our yard is also not that big, so keeping it in order is just a matter of some easy chore that we enjoy.

My parents had a large country mansion where my mother gardened a beautiful, lush selection of very exotic, flowery shrubs and bushes that always survived, no matter that winters in the 1960-s and 1970-s were real winters in Hungary with thick snow and serious sub-zero temperatures, unlike the winters of nowadays. We used to play at being Indians and cowboys hiding in those shrubs with my friends 50 or so years ago..

The Roaring 20 is very quick and easy flown with the 020 TeeDee and does even maneuvers that you would not expect from such a high wing sports plane..too bad this plane is almost unobtanium nowadays, but I have refurbished my old one recently by rebuilding its fuse and tail section, impregnating the whole plane with polyurethane spray to prevent castor seep into the wood.
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t2815-cox-tee-dee-010-pulling-a-roaring-20-i-have-reconstructed-after-the-previous-one-was-lost?highlight=roaring+20

balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:15 am

Snow WOW i hope its too late for that now But U Never Know ! NIce job on the field Jason hope you got stereo in that Ford! And the trailer Damn hate to hear all that about the Rust and bad lumber .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:41 am

Ya man, beware the PT lumber. I don't know if SS would hold up, it infused with some kind of copper compound. Round here the unlicensed illegal crowd builds with regular nails, bolts. Its all going to fall someday. Got the posts set for the rails set yesterday, I need my trailer cause the only thing I haul in my pickup is groceries. LOL

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Dsc02316
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 pm

Today the strainer basket failed on the sink when my wife was doing the dishes. Water poured down through the cabinet went through the floor and onto my work bench.Naturally, I'm in the middle of a wing build on the table so I'm scrambling to dry everything. Off to Home Depot which was a real cluster as there was a line very long outside. Customers in single file on tape marks 6" apart in roped in corrals.  It was raining at this point and they would only allow so many in the store at a time. Luckily it wasn't pouring but we just made it into the store when it did come down.  I go to get my large tubing cutter to cut the tail piece when I remembered I gave it to my dad to use. Nothing like turning a simple task into a project. Out comes the hacksaw and files.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Finished my trailer, did find oil based clear sealer from Thomsons Just didn't look well enough. Should be good for a while, weather down here is brutal on wood.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Dsc02411
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:35 pm

crankbndr wrote:Finished my trailer, did find oil based clear sealer from Thomsons Just didn't look well enough. Should be good for a while, weather down here is brutal on wood.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Dsc02411

Excellent work. Almost too nice to use!

How about grabbing a set of these to really set off your excellent wood work?

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 61649310

Last edited by Cribbs74 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Beautiful work CB and I agree with Ron, almost to pretty to use. Oil based Thompson's, my son gave me some excess water based that he had, used it on my new deck in front of the shed, didn't last long and I wound up painting it.

Funny, I was thinking yesterday about reviving this thread in response to what someone had posted here. Forgot what it was, but me...still buying and repairing belt drive Varneys and mowing lawn. Put the bird feeder back up this morning, haven't seen any bear tracks for two weeks now. But tonight??????

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 P1010475
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 P1010477
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 P1010476
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:00 pm

Bob it must be really romantic to live in almost like wilderness, but how safe is it to go out after dark to fetch something in the shed? Are these nuisance bears aggressive? I remember once taking a short walk in Shenandoah park Virginia, seeing many posters warning about nuisance bear encounters..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:21 pm

balogh wrote:Bob it must be really romantic to live in almost like wilderness, but how safe is it to go out after dark to fetch something in the shed? Are these nuisance bears aggressive? I remember once taking a short walk in Shenandoah park Virginia, seeing many posters warning about nuisance bear encounters..

I wish I could extract pictures from my game camera videos that show just how large this bear(s) is/are.  Standing on his back legs  to push down the feeder he towers over it, and most are six feet high.  But, the last one (pictured here a few weeks ago) was more of a chicken than a bear, turning tail and running when I opened the door.  But then, last year another just stopped, looked at me for awhile and ambled off.  

Yes, dark time I turn on the floods and check around.  But when I go down to the cabin, barely visible in the picture above and not lit by the lights I do tend to carry something.  The pond in front of the cabin attracts all kinds of visitors after dark.  

And CB, a really do love that trailer. So nicely done in all respects.  But did you not allow for a tailgate?  Or am I missing something?
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm

The back rails lift out, 4x8 ply used to drop in.  I lost 6 inches to rust now hangs out rear.
What load for bear! Lol
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:31 pm

During lockdown I started building pistols. Start with stripped railed frame, slide and barrel. Add premium parts, no machining but plenty fitting. This is my latest, slide is matt rounds and polished flats chrome. Para ramped barrel 45 ACP,runs like a champ. Gotta love the USA!! But all the ammo is like TP was in March.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Bc7a9310

Last edited by crankbndr on Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 pm; edited 31 times in total
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:31 pm

crankbndr wrote:The back rails lift out, 4x8 ply used to drop in.  I lost 6 inches to rust now hangs out rear.
What load for bear! Lol

Rust in Florida???  What's next, men on the moon. Smile

Thanks CB I knew I was missing something.

Remington, be still my heart.  Should be my middle name.  

35 Remington out of a model 8 would do the job nicely.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 4 Reming11
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4