Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Cox_ba12

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Betty Skelton
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:20 pm

» Consolidated half-A C/L Sonic Star
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by Ken Cook Today at 5:03 pm

» New Model Build
by rdw777 Today at 2:52 pm

» The box, "Dad's Christmas Bells", and a Cox and Cabin connection
by rsv1cox Today at 10:52 am

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Today at 10:30 am

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by roddie Today at 10:02 am

» THE MOST ULTIMATE TD .049 POWERED COMBAT PLANE OF ALL TIME...!!!
by TD ABUSER Today at 9:25 am

» 1940's?...............
by rsv1cox Today at 7:46 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (September 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 7:19 am

» Lesson learned
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» Billy's Scientific "Sizzlin Liz" Mustang
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:21 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Empty Re: So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Post  Mark Diedrichs Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:23 pm

More protective equipment. Stay safe however and wherever you go friends!!! MarkSo, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 20200410
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Empty Re: So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?

Post  OhBee Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:55 pm

My helmets AND motorcycle are in a storage unit 40 mi. away! 🤨
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:47 am

I had one of those Bell helmets in 1979 but in all white, when I rode my 1971 Honda CB100 motorcycle back and forth to the University of Hawaii in Honolulu. Got another one in metallic red in 2004 (came with the bike) when I bought my 1987 LS650 Suzuki Savage (low mileage and looked new at the time).

Now I use full face modular helmets. They say something like 35% or so accidents involve the chin, why I wear.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:14 am

Firewood / mowing and got one those Lone Star Ticks hooked up on me the other day , She is beeing kept in alcohol for now, it an itchy little bit !!! DAMMIT!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:34 am

getback wrote:Firewood / mowing and got one those Lone Star Ticks hooked up on me the other day , She is beeing kept in alcohol for now, it an itchy little bit !!!   DAMMIT!

Watch out for those nasty little critters. Lyme disease. My daughter contracted it years ago and is still paying the price. They are all over here. I wear coveralls tucked into my boots. But it's chiggers that eat me up. Sad
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:15 am

Next time in town ask the feed store for 1 lb of sulfur.....1995 I asked for and got a 25 lb paper sack....still using out of that sack....was cheap tho

fill a old sock with a cup full

dust your shoes, ankles, belt line, and wrists  lightly.....a little goes a long way

fleas, ticks, n chiggers will be radically reduced

When I am dusting the micro ranch with Sevin and Diatomaceous Earth, I add some Sulfur to the mix for a triple dusting whammy to the creepy crawlies
giant centipedes, scorpions, crickets, ants, june bugs   etc...
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:43 am

I sat on a wood log in North Carolina a while back, guess where all the chiggers were!! Hate those little ****%%%erds
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:06 am

getback wrote: ..beeing kept in alcohol for now..

..works for me..

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Roddie13
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:06 pm

I spent the last two days working on my roof and screen enclosure. Since it is so hot down here in SW Florida I sweat a lot. The more I sweat the more my pants drooped. Also, since I was working mostly bent over the back of my shirt rose up. I am now the proud owner of a sun burned butt crack! I can't wait to get back to work and take it easy. Sorry, no pictures.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:42 pm

My weekend job.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 A61ab610
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 9115d910
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:42 pm

fit90 wrote:I spent the last two days working on my roof and screen enclosure. Since it is so hot down here in SW Florida I sweat a lot. The more I sweat the more my pants drooped. Also, since I was working mostly bent over the back of my shirt rose up. I am now the proud owner of a sun burned butt crack! I can't wait to get back to work and take it easy. Sorry, no pictures.

Affraid or WOW!
No need to apologise!!
Some things are best unseen.  lol!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:20 pm

lol! Too much information! Paranoid Shh No! Tired w/ Coffee Read lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:30 pm

Spending quite a bit of time out in the shop, but also taking breaks to run the drone around the neighborhood to check on things.  I discovered it'll haul a Sessions Go Pro on it's back with only a little reduced flight time, so it's got a secondary video view giving a little different perspective.

Also, been drinking coffee and shooting wasps with my 1968 Crossman B-B  gun!

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 0_027
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 0_125

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 1_155
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 2_102

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 4_61
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 7_46

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 1_156
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 2_103
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:10 am

My wife and I have been tidying up our small front yard with the leanders that wintered in the garage and planting this lil beautiful red robin tree in the middle of a grass patch. Replaced the reed wall on the fence to our next door neighbor that prevents the water sprinkled in our garden from wetting the neighbor's property.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Img-0e10

Then sneaked out to the field and flew my Roaring 20 with a well used TD020 in its nose..that lil basterd has tons of hours on its clock but still features as new compression.. after so many hours and despite only slight touches with an electric starter I already had to drop a shim washer behind the prop drive plate to bridge the widening gap there...swings the 3 bladed COX prop well over 25k when unloads in the air..a typical COX engine at its best. Found out that the plastic cap of a hypodermic needle fits well on the NV knob so I can tweet the setting without manicuring my fingers with the prop. Of course the cap is pulled off before hand launching the plane.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 20200411

Next thing I flew was the Quickie100..not wanting to repeat myself, suffice to say that bird is a ball to fly.

The field is now frequented by more people walking their dogs than in pre Covid19 times but we keep not just social but almost global distance with each other never coming nearer than few hundred meters thanks to the wide spans of that beautiful meadow.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:43 am

I suppose I should be putting together one of my ARF's, or building one of my box of wood kits, or repairing my busted Weekender EXTRA-300 foam electric job I crunched a bit a few weeks ago. RC Plane It's fixable but I'm lazy.

Mostly I've been watching movies and playing on the computer. Sometimes I'll mess with my vintage stereo gear, rearrange my systems or record a tape or something. Occasionally I go hiking on some of the nice hillside trails we have here but my favorites are around the Superstition Mountain area so maybe a 60 minute drive to get there when I take the surface streets. I don't like the freeways, too many cars going too fast.

Last Monday I was heading back down from one of the high points on the same trail I had used to go up. At some point I realized there was a faint buzzing sound that was getting louder as I walked along. At first I thought maybe someone was flying one of those quad copters, then I realized I knew that sound, bees. I don't mind saying I got a bit worried I took a look around and saw a bunch of little dots swarming around a Polo Verde a little ways left and up the hillside from the trail I was on.

I decided to turn around and head back away from the swarm. I found another trail that went down the east side of the hill and around the base to get back to my car. It was a fun day. I even braved driving through a McDonald's for a coffee.

That's easily the most exciting thing day I have had since this virus thing started.
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:14 am

balogh wrote:My wife and I have been tidying up our small front yard with the leanders that wintered in the garage and planting this lil beautiful red robin tree in the middle of a grass patch. Replaced the reed wall on the fence to our next door neighbor that prevents the water sprinkled in our garden from wetting the neighbor's property.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Img-0e10

Love your picture Andras so nicely landscaped.  You must be at a lower latitude and elevation than I am here in West Virginia where not much grows until mid May.   Your Red Robin tree caught my attention. I have been nursing this little Red Maple through the past 10 Springs when frost tends to burn the newly formed upper leaves and stunt it's growth.  I think I lost the battle this morning with it's heavy frost.  

I can no longer throw a blanket over it's top so I resort to a heat lamp and trouble light.  Plastic bag covered the heat lamp which kept the rain off until it blew away.  

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 P1010245

BTW, the birds have finally found my bird feeder and clean it out daily. Mostly gold and purple finches, sparrows, Red Wing Blackbirds and Cow birds.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:33 am

Been Playing online Chess with the kids to try to to keep our brains working. They haven’t beat me yet but it’s getting close.
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:19 am

I been rebuilding my trailer. I decked this with "green" board 2X a few years ago and this is the result. PSA the new green board treatment rots steel like butter, 3/8 galvanized bolts were destroyed in a year. Everywhere the wood touched steel it rusted bad and the wood rotted away bad. I think there is some kind of electrolysis going on.  I had a welder replace the crossmembers with 3" angle and deck is 2X Southern Yellow Pine treated with Thompsons. Now for the rails. Like Fit90 said its been 90s+ here, I can only work mornings and evenings, heat is unbearable. But no sunburned crack here. LoL
Much like ethanol gas, gas cans, paint and many other thing the EPA is involved in the "green" board is government mandated crap that just makes more work for me.

Before
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Dsc02314

after

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Dsc02315
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:37 am

Deleted due to double posting

Last edited by balogh on Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:50 am

[/quote]

Love your picture Andras so nicely landscaped.  You must be at a lower latitude and elevation than I am here in West Virginia where not much grows until mid May.   Your Red Robin tree caught my attention. I have been nursing this little Red Maple through the past 10 Springs when frost tends to burn the newly formed upper leaves and stunt it's growth.  I think I lost the battle this morning with it's heavy frost.  

I can no longer throw a blanket over it's top so I resort to a heat lamp and trouble light.  Plastic bag covered the heat lamp which kept the rain off until it blew away.  

[/quote]

Thanks Bob the outskirts of Budapest where I live is sitting about 400 feet above sea level at 47 degree latitude - same as Washington DC - and weather here has been quite good recently. Just read  that the red robin is safe down to minus 12 Celsius i.e. about 10 F and loves sunshine. I love trees and bush with colorful foliage and would plant much more but those plant do not really survive here..I also bought and brought home small sequoia mammoth seedlings from Muir Woods national park  visitor center near Sausalito north of San Francisco, then the same from Yosemite park..also cones of a huge  blue cypress standing on the banks of Rappahanok river, that I picked up from the ground at Mount Vernon in the yard of George Washington's house, but guess what..none survived despite the similar climate here.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:11 am

WE have been a busy bunch no doubt , as everyone knows the house thing is a never ending repair plus the stuff you acquire along the way Shocked Joe pM'ed me said he been running some engines and that is what i am thinking for today (if it don't rain) Got other things to do but U know the heck with it , it will bee there when i am ready i am sure !! Old Bugger
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:32 am

yesterday... Shocked

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 20200410
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 20200411

A few days earlier we had heavy rain accompanied by sustained winds of 35mph with gusts approaching 60 mph. There were trees down all over.. and wide-spread power-outages, adding to the already surreal overall feeling.

As of right now; it's 56F. and sunny. The melting snow on the roof sounds like a bubbling brook in the downspouts. Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:54 pm

crankbndr wrote:I been rebuilding my trailer. I decked this with "green" board 2X a few years ago and this is the result. PSA the new green board treatment rots steel like butter, 3/8 galvanized bolts were destroyed in a year. Everywhere the wood touched steel it rusted bad and the wood rotted away bad. I think there is some kind of electrolysis going on.  I had a welder replace the crossmembers with 3" angle and deck is 2X Southern Yellow Pine treated with Thompsons. Now for the rails. Like Fit90 said its been 90s+ here, I can only work mornings and evenings, heat is unbearable. But no sunburned crack here. LoL
Much like ethanol gas, gas cans, paint and many other thing the EPA is involved in the "green" board is government mandated crap that just makes more work for me.

Before
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Dsc02314

after

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Dsc02315

With all that rust it looks like it spent its winters in WI with the road salt.

New deck looks great.

The new treated lumber is junk. Have to use stainless hardware with it and it doesn’t last.  

It’s 50 here with a nice SE breeze of the Lake Michigan ice berg. Wisconsin T shirt weather.

I’m waiting for a refill of oat seed.

So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 2c612410
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 91a78b10
So, how are you spending your Covid-19 stay at home social distancing days?   - Page 3 Cec80410
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Wow! ...dry fields? Everythings a mudhole here after our foot of snow finally melted! If it dosen't rain at all here (unlikely)..it will be at least a month before anyone can get in the fields.
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Ya man!! Love all that land and the birds are loving it too!! Do you have a range setup? My porch said 95 right now, hard to go outside.
I think the Southern Yellow Pine will last longer than the pressure treated crap, Even Thompsons has been reformulated, its looks like milk and does not penetrate like the old clear stuff.
I would like to grab a pencil neck EPA dude by his tie and pull till his eyes bug out!!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next