Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Betty Skelton
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:20 pm

» Consolidated half-A C/L Sonic Star
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by Ken Cook Today at 5:03 pm

» New Model Build
by rdw777 Today at 2:52 pm

» The box, "Dad's Christmas Bells", and a Cox and Cabin connection
by rsv1cox Today at 10:52 am

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Today at 10:30 am

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by roddie Today at 10:02 am

» THE MOST ULTIMATE TD .049 POWERED COMBAT PLANE OF ALL TIME...!!!
by TD ABUSER Today at 9:25 am

» 1940's?...............
by rsv1cox Today at 7:46 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (September 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 7:19 am

» Lesson learned
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» Billy's Scientific "Sizzlin Liz" Mustang
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:21 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Sandblaster dune buggy?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty which car?

Post  happydad Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:34 pm

duke.johnson wrote:I like this one and the price is right. I have not received a message back from the others I looked at.  I just remembered I have a car in my garage too.  I wonder if it was tether or could be converted to RC?

Which car do you have?  I am getting a prop Rod and I will try to RC it, but I need a steerable front end like the black Shrike so I am searching ebay. If you don't buy the sandblaster I may, I will wait for you.  I have (1794) buy-sales total.

happydad RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty What about the infrared thermometer?

Post  happydad Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:22 pm

roddie wrote:
happydad wrote:

Roddie: Are you buying one for each of us so we can have a video show off? lol!

Happydad lol! lol! lol! lol! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad!

I wish I could afford to! That Jeep was at $200 (0 bids..) when I posted. Just thinking.. Eyebrows There's a lever (as is with many Cox-engined vehicles) that engages the drive-axle, which could be servo-operated too! Why not provide some stop/go action?

Looking at the Jeep chassis.. it's a well thought-out design. It's only 12" long. I like the cover/brace that goes around the engine cylinder. It sort-of does double-duty. It serves as a brace to hold the engine when pulling the starter-cord.. and a thumb-hold for pulling the starter-cord with your other hand. It also helps block grit from getting into the exhaust ports. Cox's spring/worm-drive is ingenious IMHO.. The heat-sink is one of my favorite bolt-ons. I just like the way it looks. The Sea Bee used one.. and the ones I have were all Sand-Blaster replacement parts.. (Cat.#8477) I'd be curious to know exactly how much heat-dissipation one provides.. Anyone have a pyrometer for a test-run "with vs. without"?

Roddie: you can buy a touch less infrared handheld thermometer from HF, harbor freight for the uninformed lol! lol! , for about $15.00 when it is on sale or with their coupon.

Happydad RC Plane RC Plane Airplane Flying a Plane  where is the emoticon for cars?? Head Bang Head Bang :Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad!

Last edited by happydad on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed rod die to roddie)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty PM me

Post  happydad Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:31 am

duke.johnson wrote:I like this one and the price is right. I have not received a message back from the others I looked at.  I just remembered I have a car in my garage too.  I wonder if it was tether or could be converted to RC?

Duke: If you decide to go for this one, PM me fast. No one is bidding on this with 17 hours to go, so I put in a bid for $19.00. If you want it either overbid or tell me and I'll have it sent to you. If I win it. My bid is only $19.00 and the sandblaster has been going for $30.00 plus.

Happydad Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Money Toss Fireworks
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sandblaster dune buggy?

Post  duke.johnson Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Happy dad
Thanks for letting me know. I'll put $20 on it. I won't bid any higher so you know. I'll try to remember to post a picture of the car I have tonight.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty you won?

Post  happydad Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:08 am

duke.johnson wrote:Happy dad
Thanks for letting me know. I'll put $20 on it. I won't bid any higher so you know. I'll try to remember to post a picture of the car I have tonight.

you won?  now you have 2 cars. lets see some pics. and maybe it's time we had a emoticon that has a car in it??

happydad RC Plane RC Plane Airplane Biplane Flying a Plane uh oh there is a Jeep. Jeep Thank You
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Ok, I think I have the computer working better now. I took pictures the other day, but couldn't upload them. Yes I won the Sandblaster, can't wait for it to get here. I only wish I had the one with the pull starter. I'm not sure how to start the won I won with the white plastic knob out the back of the car. Here's the car I bought a year or so ago. I think I got a really good deal on it. I usually try not to pay to much and wait for good deals. So say I'm cheap, but I'm ok with that. I'd like to retire early. Very Happy
Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Image110
Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Image211
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty finger starter

Post  happydad Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:06 pm

duke.johnson wrote:Ok, I think I have the computer working better now.  I took pictures the other day, but couldn't upload them.  Yes I won the Sandblaster, can't wait for it to get here.  I only wish I had the one with the pull starter.  I'm not sure how to start the won I won with the white plastic knob out the back of the car.  Here's the car I bought a year or so ago.  I think I got a really good deal on it.  I usually try not to pay to much and wait for good deals. So say I'm cheap, but I'm ok with that.  I'd like to retire early. Very Happy
Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Image110
Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Image211

Duke: You have what's called the finger starter. grab the thingy between thumb and finger and twist quickly.  Don't worry about a Pull starter I may have one for you shortly. I am not a driver/flyer any longer only a builder. I won a pull starter minus the tank so I could fix the one I have for Ekitten2. After that the engine goes back to ebay or ...
   Since I am bidding on a replacement starter spring and purchased a pull string thing for keys, I may have a fix for the first engine. The key fob thing I had from work 20 years ago was close, but too thick by a tenth of an inch or so. No chance at cutting spring material 26 inches long. One slight mistake and the spring could break on the first pull.
   Whatever. Retire at 44. OMGosh. I had to retire at 62 for chronic back pain and i took a 15% cut in benefits, (15% as I remember, it's 3% per year below age 67 for me). That's a lot of dough. If you can retire with a disability you can get full benefits when you retire. I consulted a former IRS person I worked with at the senior center where I volunteer and she told me to apply for disability and I did and I qualified. It made a big difference. Especially compared to what I made prior to retiring. Go to socialsecurity.gov and check it out when you start to think about retiring. Two Cents

p.s. nice Chaparral. My favorite 1/24 scale slot car and you could sell it for 2x what you paid for the sandblaster.
happydad RC Plane RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:31 pm

My new Sandblaster showed up Saturday and I ran straight out to the driveway to play with it. First, I ran a few primes and practiced starting it. Then I tried to fill the tank, it had a bad fuel line. Replaced the fuel line and tried again, I really wanted to crank the wheels and let her rip in the middle of the road. the NVA was very clogged, it is still soaking in 35%. Hope to clean things up tomorrow and see how fast it goes.

Happdad- I don't think I want to sell the Chaparral at this point, it had great tires (solid rubber) and I thin I can covert it to RC. As far as retirement, I've been plumbing for about 25-26 years now and have thought a lot about retiring and opening a small business which could be more parttime and something more around my hobbies. Although, I'm more of an office jockey than a plumber, and have plenty of good years left. I just don't want to do this until I can't walk anymore. LOL

Anyone know of a replacement wheel for the Sandblaster? I didn't know they had plastic wheels, they won't last long I'm sure.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty smart move

Post  happydad Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:56 pm

duke.johnson wrote:My new Sandblaster showed up Saturday and I ran straight out to the driveway to play with it.  First, I ran a few primes and practiced starting it.  Then I tried to fill the tank, it had a bad fuel line. Replaced the fuel line and tried again, I really wanted to crank the wheels and let her rip in the middle of the road. the NVA was very clogged, it is still soaking in 35%.  Hope to clean things up tomorrow and see how fast it goes.  

Happdad- I don't think I want to sell the Chaparral at this point, it had great tires (solid rubber) and I thin I can covert it to RC.  As far as retirement, I've been plumbing for about 25-26 years now and have thought a lot about retiring and opening a small business which could be more parttime and something more around my hobbies. Although, I'm more of an office jockey than a plumber, and have plenty of good years left.  I just don't want to do this until I can't walk anymore. LOL

Anyone know of a replacement wheel for the Sandblaster?  I didn't know they had plastic wheels, they won't last long I'm sure.

smart move to quit now before your back gives out. The tire/wheel was made for sand so if you want to run on the pavement, etc. you can probably find some tires by searching for RC tires and the diameter of the outside of the rubber. They are probably close to 1/16 scale, but that's a guess. What is the wheel hub diameter, it probably doesn't have a hub, and what is the outside diameter. You could start with Cox Kyosho GTP 54, 55, 56, 57 #'s in that series.
see link for a wild guess:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COX-KYOSHO-GTP-VINTAGE-R-C-RACE-CAR-PARTS-GAS-POWERED-GTP-54-/150906369169?hash=item2322b87491

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Coxkyo21
these GTP-54 are soft wide tires for the car I am working on. there are several in the 50 series. See the manual in GTP thread.
I'm not sure if the axle diameter is the same, but you are in the right area, RC tires.

By the way I was just kidding about selling the Chaparral car. Just comparing prices. I had a Chaparral slot car back in the 1960's in Japan.

I am glad you are enjoying your car, I am still buying parts. A little at a time. p.s. I always clean any engine I get before running. You never know what was in there before you got it.

edited to add freebie info -

Duke I have to run right now, but when I get back I can send a picture of some 1/8 scale gas car wheels I have and you have can take your pick for postage. they might be to large. They are 2 12 - 3 inch diameter, but several rubber patterns. gotta go. hd

the first picture is of my and my grandsons 1/16 scale 4WD offroad electric car. The wheels are 2 1/2 inches in diameter and maybe 1 inch wide rubber. the car and spares are from hobbyking spare rims and tires are HK # 33220-s, 33223 and 33221
link:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18140__Wheels_Silver_1pair_A2023T_and_2027.html
wheel hub, $2.95

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18142__Tire_sponge_2pcs_A2023T_and_A2027.html
sponge for inside tire, $.86

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18141__Tires_1pair_A2023T_and_A2027.html
rubber tire, pair, $3.95

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Img_0211
Turnigy 1/16 mini trooper 4X4, the wheels are 2 1/2 inches in diameter.

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Img_0212
Misc. used tires/wheels from 3 inches to 5 inches in diameter

These wheels with tires are from 1/8 scale electric and gas cars. I was trying to sell a couple of 1/8 scale gas cars and some spare used and as new wheels, but things were slow and I sort of quit. anyway if any of the larger wheels fit you can have some. The smaller wheels are reasonable thru hobbyking. and there are other sizes. 1/18 scale, 1/10 scale, and 1/8 scale.

hd

happydad RC Plane    Jeep

Last edited by happydad on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add freebies info and pictures)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Empty have you measured the wheels?

Post  happydad Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:39 am

duke.johnson wrote:My new Sandblaster showed up Saturday and I ran straight out to the driveway to play with it.  First, I ran a few primes and practiced starting it.  Then I tried to fill the tank, it had a bad fuel line. Replaced the fuel line and tried again, I really wanted to crank the wheels and let her rip in the middle of the road. the NVA was very clogged, it is still soaking in 35%.  Hope to clean things up tomorrow and see how fast it goes.  

Happdad- I don't think I want to sell the Chaparral at this point, it had great tires (solid rubber) and I thin I can covert it to RC.  As far as retirement, I've been plumbing for about 25-26 years now and have thought a lot about retiring and opening a small business which could be more parttime and something more around my hobbies. Although, I'm more of an office jockey than a plumber, and have plenty of good years left.  I just don't want to do this until I can't walk anymore. LOL

Anyone know of a replacement wheel for the Sandblaster?  I didn't know they had plastic wheels, they won't last long I'm sure.

Have you measured the wheels yet? I just found some almost new cheap wheels/tires for RC10 scale, they are about 2 1/2 inch diameter and the axle in mm is 3.2mm = .125 or 1/8 inch a standard size.
link to rear wheels:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-RC10-Truck-Car-Rear-Tires-Wheels-Rims-12mm-Hex-/191707598766?hash=item2ca2a9cfae

Sandblaster dune buggy? - Page 2 Rc10rw10
rear wheels for RC10 offroad car  $4.99 auction + $4.00 shipping no bids with almost 2 days left

seller also has front wheels
happydad RC Plane     Futaba Radio   Jeep
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2