Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... Cox_ba12

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by davidll1984 Today at 8:49 pm

» Green vent..
by roddie Today at 7:49 pm

» Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in
by rsv1cox Today at 6:59 pm

» The Three Stooges
by rsv1cox Today at 6:06 pm

» 049 Tee Dee needle valve bodies and 049 TD engines - Potential flaw
by Cox International Today at 4:33 pm

» PSA propellors!!!
by robot797 Today at 2:39 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by roddie Today at 1:40 pm

» My First Balloon Tank Attempt
by roddie Today at 11:42 am

» Fall S.M.A.L.L. 2024 Wednesday October, 16th.
by roddie Today at 10:51 am

» Who purchased one of my manifolds and has a tuned pipe that will fit to it?
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:15 pm

» OK Cub .024
by 049kid Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by 049kid Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:17 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... Empty
Live on Patrol

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......

Go down

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... Empty Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:54 am

..............not to be overly morbid about it but it does.

A couple of days ago I found myself with nothing to do.  Unusual for me.  So I got out the big boy A/C powered leaf blower, donned a dust mask and blew out the garage.  Then blew out the shed workshop cleaning out enough sawdust to construct a good sized Nobler or Ringmaster.  Not stopping there I headed for the Cabin.  It's been years since I have given it any attention.  

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017963

I opened the doors and windows and set the blower to full blast.  Wow, squirrel scat, dust bunnies, spider webs, and a couple of dead birds went out the doors and windows.  

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017964
Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017966
Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017965

I went back this morning to finish the job.  I love music.  CD player no longer functions but the tape players do.  Slipped in a couple of tapes that I recorded years ago and noticed how clean my hand writing was.  Today - not-so.  Time passes.  Joan Baez (nothing I like better than a good protest song Smile), Donna Summer, Mireille Matheau I played them all.  I couldn't play the CD's so they got Windexed and brought in the house.

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017970
Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017968
Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017967

Same for the non-working 8 Ball clock...or so I thought as years ago it stopping working.  I cleaned out the insects, blew it out with compressed air, Windexed it and installed a fresh battery.  And, I'll be darned.....it's keeping perfect time.

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017969

Sometimes time heals........
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... Empty Re: Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......

Post  MauricioB Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:35 am

Hello Bob, I understand that each object and the entire environment will bring back even a mountain of memories, especially when you connect with the music of beautiful times for each of us.
Look, I discovered not long ago the importance of being aware of time, many times we live fast and don't pay attention to time.
There comes a point when you realize that many very simple things are full of happiness, like having a good time accompanied by music or someone who really values ​​us, making a model and enjoying exactly every step... Anyway Friend, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to finish rearranging your place there and place the EZ Bee in your work plans, I can assure you that you won't regret it... that is, and if good music accompanies you. It will be a real pleasure!
I'm 53 years old, but I always listen to this music... there's a lot of talent there!
A secret: "you carry and will carry everything in your heart"

This is great!...here's to you BOB and all your desire!

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... Empty Re: Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......

Post  Kim Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:34 pm

Yeah Bob...Me All Over.

I think back to some of the silly/crazy/cool stuff I pulled off, and am amazed that I ever had the energy for such hijinks.

Guess we got to be thankful for our big and little adventures, and the fact that one of them didn't manage to kill us!

Still converting oxygen...so there's that.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:34 pm

Thanks Mauricio and Kim,

Donna Summer was a talent, we lost her a few years ago. I played your video Mauricio, a version that I had not seen. Disco didn't die naturally. It got killed off. It just got over played over cooked and over exposed. Everybody got into it. My wife loved it, the Bee Gees especially. She could dance and had rhythm. I had two left feet.

We lost Donna Summer a few years back. I always liked her "MacAuthur Park" but I play Richard Harris's version. This one with images generated by AI is captivating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Z8eGysWXc

Yeah Kim, lifes experiences. I have related my near-death fails here a couple of times. One day I will get it right. Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:48 pm

If you feel the need to start another project, I'd bet the CD player just needs the dust cleaned off the laser. Some careful disassembly and some light cleaning of the lens with cotton swabs and denatured alcohol (or Everclear 190 drunken ).

Unless the tray isn't opening, that would likely be due to a small belt that needs to be replaced. You can sometimes get away with using a rubber band for that, although it may not last as long as a real belt would.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:00 pm

Admin wrote:If you feel the need to start another project, I'd bet the CD player just needs the dust cleaned off the laser. Some careful disassembly and some light cleaning of the lens with cotton swabs and denatured alcohol (or Everclear 190 drunken ).

Unless the tray isn't opening, that would likely be due to a small belt that needs to be replaced. You can sometimes get away with using a rubber band for that, although it may not last as long as a real belt would.

Thanks Jacob, I can open the tray by bumping it and the open/close switch at the same time.  I'm pretty good at this stuff.  In the Navy my rating  (Training Devices Technican) was responsible from maintaining all of the Navys training devices from tape recorders and movie projectors up to the most sophisticated six degrees of motion flight simulators. We also did the Martin Baker ejection seat trainer.  A favorite as we got to shoot Officers 20 feet in the air (on rails) by setting off explosive chargers under the seat.  

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=martin+baker+ejection+seat+trainer&&mid=4E73FD4A04762E89DD324E73FD4A04762E89DD32&&FORM=VRDGAR

My designation was TDI (Instructor) so I spent most of my 20 years with flight simulators.

But, the CD player sits at the bottom of the stack and the wiring is a jumble back there.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:02 am

I'd give my left nu+ to shoot a game of 8-ball with you in the "Catfish Cabin" Robert. Smile

Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best...... P1017915

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

Smile  Not necessary, just show up shoot a little stick and your name goes up on the Coca Cola board.  You would be among friends.  My son is a good player along with my two son in laws.  But my Dad was the pro.  Golf and billiards were his games and he excelled at both.  

Lots of games were played at that table, mostly during the winter and especially during Christmas Eves with the wood stove glowing, music playing  and the ladies in their bathrobes.  Well my wife anyways.  And............the 8 ball clock is still keeping perfect time.  Amazing as it never did.  Several times I threatened to throw it out but kept it around because it "fit."
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down