Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My Mazda RX-7GSL-SE build log with the occasional balsa inclusion - Page 10 Cox_ba12

My Mazda RX-7GSL-SE build log with the occasional balsa inclusion - Page 10 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» WILLY NILLY
by MANDALAY Today at 1:28 am

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» TD .049 Scratch Build
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by Admin Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» willies nillies
by MANDALAY Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Betty Skelton
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 3:27 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (September 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 3:10 pm

» Consolidated half-A C/L Sonic Star
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 3:00 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:20 am

» New Model Build
by rdw777 Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:52 pm

» The box, "Dad's Christmas Bells", and a Cox and Cabin connection
by rsv1cox Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:52 am

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:30 am

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My Mazda RX-7GSL-SE build log with the occasional balsa inclusion - Page 10 Empty
Live on Patrol

My Mazda RX-7GSL-SE build log with the occasional balsa inclusion

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

My Mazda RX-7GSL-SE build log with the occasional balsa inclusion - Page 10 Empty Re: My Mazda RX-7GSL-SE build log with the occasional balsa inclusion

Post  rsv1cox Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:13 am

pman1111 wrote:Have you checked to see if there are any trouble codes in the engine controller? They might steer you in the right direction if there are any. From what I can see, that may be the best direction to go, rather than trying to guess- been there done that! Gets expensive (and frustrating) guessing.

Thanks, I have a code reader but I don't know if it goes back to 1984 or will read the RX-7.  But it is a thought and I will have to get it out and see.

It is the darndest thing.  It starts easy and idles, but give it a little gas and it dies.  Replacing the fuel rail with it's regulators will tell the tale.  It is fire related as it ran perfectly before the fire.  

Story about it here on the RX-7 forum:

https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generation-specific-1979-1985-18/fuel-injectors-short-story-1166656/#post12605658

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

My Mazda RX-7GSL-SE build log with the occasional balsa inclusion - Page 10 Empty Re: My Mazda RX-7GSL-SE build log with the occasional balsa inclusion

Post  pman1111 Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:25 am

From what I have seen, there is a contraption that plugs into a connector near the engine controller, that flashes the codes. The car is too old to have OBD connectors like '96 and newer cars. Another thought is do you have a way to check the rail pressure? Just thinking......
pman1111
pman1111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:07 pm

pman1111 wrote:From what I have seen, there is a contraption that plugs into a connector near the engine controller, that flashes the codes. The car is too old to have OBD connectors like '96 and newer cars. Another thought is do you have a way to check the rail pressure? Just thinking......

My son made a device out of a couple of 12V light blubs that helps to set the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) but that along with a compression tester (perfect range) is about it for diagostic tools. We did a cavemans test of the fuel pressure by disconnecting the line and let it pump briefly into a container. Nothing wrong with the fuel pressure at least on the high side.

If the temperture in the garage ever moderates - it's like an oven out there, I will hit it again.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10