Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

skelton - New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model  (page 9) - Page 10 Cox_ba12

skelton - New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model  (page 9) - Page 10 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» 010 head stops glowing
by Cox International Today at 11:00 am

» Modelsmodels
by Coxfledgling Today at 4:08 am

» Needle-Valve extensions (yellow) for Killer Bee
by Cox International Yesterday at 10:35 pm

» Unique Foxie partzie. Potential fishing line/paper weight or something else.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» Stick built rubber powered Scientific ME-109
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:42 pm

» Ignition Points for Ohlsson 23
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Cox P-40 Clone Project - I just can’t leave well enough alone.
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:32 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 9:29 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:51 pm

» some pics....
by roddie Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:21 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by GallopingGhostler Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:22 am

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:58 am

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

skelton - New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model  (page 9) - Page 10 Empty
Live on Patrol

New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model (page 9)

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Happy Re: New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model (page 9)

Post  MauricioB Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:45 am

Thanks guys!!
Yesterday was a very windy day, with gusts between 30 km / h and 38 km / h, the sky quite covered by cloudiness, so there was no good light to make it look better in the video, but the important thing is to be able to transmit the result of the work done here.
The Pitts flies incredibly well, very firm and safe. There was no need to trim, just play with him in the sky.
As I flew with it, I began to feel more secure, but since the beginning of the recent tests, I realized that everything had changed for the better.
The design of the plane is perfect, so I recommend the plane for those who want to try or build it, the details of structural modification to convert it to radio control are here in this thread, so I encourage you to try it.
Regarding the indicated motorization, I maintain that the Norvel .061 rc, is sufficient, of course, we must take into account this detail of the displacement of the propeller and thus ensure the real traction of the propeller. A .074 can be placed, of course, but I am sure that if the propeller is not displaced enough, the problem will persist.
Regarding the set-up of the (CG - center of gravity), I have respected the point indicated by the plane, no more and no less, with a nose dive nose about 20 degrees down logically.
Incidents: Upper wing 1 degree
Bottom wing: 0 degree
Stabilizer: 0 degree
Motor - engine: 2 degrees to the right (as if you were sitting in the cabin) and 2 degrees down.
In a matter of command movements, you should initially move in this order:
Ailerons (x4) = 4mm up - 4mm down
Elevator = 6mm up - 6mm down
Rudder = 7mm left - 7mm right
Recommendations:
The propeller on this scale must be offset from the motor cowl by 15 mm.
If you use a Norvel .061 engine, the propeller I like is the 7 x 3
With this general configuration, you will be able to enjoy the model airplane in a safe way, you must bear in mind that the sensitivity of command response is immediate and therefore, you must be prepared to fly such a model.
My recommendation: It is not a model for beginners, you must have some experience to fly this type of aircraft.
Thank you all for the support and accompaniment. I Love This Forum!
God willing, I'll share more flight videos. Flying RC Plane Airplane Beer Cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:21 am

I vote to try the 6.75x4N  Old Bugger

July-27 RC Plane Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:38 pm

Very Happy My friend! United States Argentina ... on the next flights I will try the modified propeller and I will be sharing the experiences !! ... but I am so comfortable with the model as it is, that I want to fly it and fly it more !!! Beers Biplane
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Thank you Mauricio you will like the extra performance. Popcorn

RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:02 am

1/2A Nut wrote:I vote to try the 6.75x4N  Old Bugger

July-27 RC Plane Thumbs Up

Dear friend, this morning I went to test propellers, so first I flew with the original 7 x 3 MAGF3 and then with the 6.75x4N (modified MA).
There is no video because my time was limited, but I tell you that it DOES NOT RESULT, because the model begins to taxi almost asking for help, it does not pull it, it does not pull it properly, so abort the two takeoff attempts, because if it took off, it would make the flight critical, especially in turns.
This is an aerodynamically model with a lot of crash surface, perhaps the 6.75x4N propeller, it goes in a much more aerodynamic model, but it is not the case of the PITTS.
Definitely, I go back to the original MAGF3 7x3 and I stay comfortably there, the model takes off in 25/30 meters and in all turns it comes firm, well sustained. Even when decelerating, upon landing, the propeller continues to pull the model smoothly. It's all friend what I could say from my experience here.
skelton - New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model  (page 9) - Page 10 20200733
skelton - New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model  (page 9) - Page 10 20200734

Definitely the MAGF3 7x3, it is the best configuration for my PITTS.
skelton - New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model  (page 9) - Page 10 20200735

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:22 pm

Thank you for sharing Mauricio,
Looks like every bit of thrust is very critical to take off from the grass with the small wheels.
Lucky the 7x3 works, you have found the best prop to get it up in the air safe with the .061 engine.

The modified prop looks good.
6.75x4N may find a good home for another project one day such as with a Norvel .074.

I am happy you are able to fly the Pitts with your .061 now you can rest and enjoy it  Very Happy

RC Plane  Thumbs Up  sunny
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:48 pm

This is my friend, what better way to go to the bottom and then get the best possible result! ... Well, I got here, today I had a good time inverted my PITTS, with some loops and barrels, the truth is that I am getting used to it.
It is my preferred 1 / 2A model, it is beautiful and it flies incredibly well .... now I am thinking of manufacturing a custom cone in aluminum alloy .... we will see .... Very Happy
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:35 am

29mm dia. here you would have to make a adapter for IC use.

https://www.dymondusa.com/Prop-Accessories-30090-29mm-Alum-Electric-Spin.html

Popcorn
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Congratulations to a well working plane and set-up. Smile

I'm a little surprised to hear that the 7x3 prop works well. I can understand that it is a good match to the plane, but in my experience it is too much prop-load for the .061 engine. So if you still want to experiment a bit more with props, I would recommend to trim a little of the tips off from the 7x3 prop (shorter, not narrower). That way you will get closer to the power band of the engine, and get more power out of it.

Regarding spinners, I like the ones from MP-jet (available down to 30mm), they are a direct drop-in on the Norvel .074 (M4 thread) but will need a DIY adapter for the .061 engine (M3 thread). You can buy them directly from Mp-Jet, here is a link to their IC spinners: https://mpjet.com/shop/gb/721-metal-spinners

Here is one mounted on the Norvel .074:
skelton - New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model  (page 9) - Page 10 Img_1217
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi Kris, thank you very much for this information. It is very useful.
Ordering any of those accessories can take months to get here, but I'll think about it, in the meantime when I have time, maybe I'll make a special cone for my PITTS.
The 7 x 3 propeller, I really like how it goes, the whole flight is safe even when I reduce the throttle of the engine, the model is still "on" in the air, it feels like it flies and not that it is going to fall ... So for this plane, I think it is the best configuration.
It is like driving in mud with large, wide tires. You will not have much speed, but you will keep your course safe on your journey.
anyway if you watch the video in detail, you will also notice very good translation speed of the model!

I will make more videos to share here, I have flown a good journey, and I like how it goes .... more coming soon ...
Thanks Kris!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:35 am

I think if ur happy with the setup that's all that matters and it appears to fly very well!! RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:49 am

getback wrote:I think if ur happy with the setup that's all that matters and it appears to fly very well!! RC Plane

Yes, definitely yes dear friend, I am very happy with the result that I have now, and as I gain confidence, I begin to dare to perform some stunts, logically with their limitations, but it is much more than I expected.
A .061 cubic inch engine, that takes this model in this way and that is also safe, is really admirable, you just had to technically help with the set-up and I have succeeded.
God willing, more videos from PITTS. Beer Cheers Thumbs Up I Love This Forum!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:24 pm

After a year and a few days, I decided to take my PITTS back onto the track, honestly it is a wonderful model and every time I fly it, the more I like to do it.
I take this month of July to fly the model, since we are here in the middle of winter and the runway and its grass are kept under control thanks to the frosts (cold), the grass does not grow and allows the model to taxi perfectly for takeoffs and landings .
I made several flights today, here is a video to share with you, my friends!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:39 am

Amazing flight and engine response, congratulations Mauricio. I really like this little bi-plane..are you not thinking of swapping the Norvel with a TeeDee 049 with exhaust throttle control, just to see the difference between the 2 power plants? I think they have the same mounting screw pattern.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:44 am

Clapping Clapping Clapping FANTASTIC !! As I said before i Love watching you fly , you know how to have fun with a plane and that Pitts does a wonder with your talent ! sunny Biplane Thumbs Up
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:47 am

Thank you very much András and Eric for your words.
The Pitts initially generated doubts, but already last year, after adjusting the propeller, it became one of my favorite models, its flight line, also how small it is and the ability to fly and do stunts it has, With a fair engine, without exaggeration, it is really beautiful to enjoy.
András, I have worked fine taking the measurements to manufacture this fairing adjusted to the Norvel engine, it has a very delicate job in terms of the carburetion needle exit position, throttle control and exhaust gas outlet, so after all that work , I prefer not to touch anything else there, since with the incorporation of the adjustment of the propeller through that false shaft, I think that everything is very well there, perfectly balanced. Removing the engine and replacing it will generate a job that I really can't do, well, just looking at this Pitts, I find it wonderful how everything is there.
In my projects, there is the idea of ​​building another similar one (another Pitts), but the idea is to make it just bigger and maybe put a .09 from Cox ... but for that, there is no time since there are other projects in the running. ... Very Happy
skelton - New Flight: Pitts -Skelton Aerobatic model  (page 9) - Page 10 20200736
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:04 am

this plane is so beautiful Airplane Thumbs Up cheers I really like this beautiful plane me who loves the biplane this is just unbelievably well done Exactly what I'm looking for my norvel engine Hand Shake I had not seen the construction of this plan wil watch video of this magnificent plane
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10