Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Betty Skelton
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:20 pm

» Consolidated half-A C/L Sonic Star
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by Ken Cook Today at 5:03 pm

» New Model Build
by rdw777 Today at 2:52 pm

» The box, "Dad's Christmas Bells", and a Cox and Cabin connection
by rsv1cox Today at 10:52 am

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Today at 10:30 am

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by roddie Today at 10:02 am

» THE MOST ULTIMATE TD .049 POWERED COMBAT PLANE OF ALL TIME...!!!
by TD ABUSER Today at 9:25 am

» 1940's?...............
by rsv1cox Today at 7:46 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (September 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 7:19 am

» Lesson learned
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» Billy's Scientific "Sizzlin Liz" Mustang
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:21 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Coved-19 and how it affects life

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 2 Empty Re: Coved-19 and how it affects life

Post  balogh Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:50 am

Brad yours is a very important contribution to COVID-19 awareness. The map very dramatically visualizes how deeply the virus infiltrated the whole US in such a short time. 3 weeks ago when my business trip to Colorado was canceled there were no known cases there yet..the map shows 2300+ cases today in a state of a bit more than half the population (5million+) of my country.

My country Hungary is relatively low in infection rate having some 450 known cases in a population of 9.5 million. Death cases are around 20 only till date.But with only 12k tests done so far the visibility of the virus is very likely poorer than the real number of people infected is. I too work from home. There is a voluntary curfew in place here. Restaurants theaters, movies and the like are closed. Many retail shops decided to close on their own. People are requested to stay home. The only mandatory element is that folks 65 and older are allowed to do shopping between 9 am and noon, and the rest outside this time window. We are allowed to go out to walk or jog only alone or in company of family members living together. Social distancing is a must. Some Hungarian scientists of virology have made advances in decoding the virus and understand its spread route better. Vaccines are still a long way to go before invented.

The field I go to fly was so much frequented by people walking and jogging alone or in families in the weekend that I had to give up trying to fly and go home.

You CEF friends and families stay safe....everybody stay safe..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 2 Empty Re: Coved-19 and how it affects life

Post  1/2A Nut Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Thank you Andras the chart and photo is a harsh reality making it tough to have much fun or
enjoy things till this is settled with the least amount suffering / loss of life across the globe.

Old Bugger
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Dear friends, a few days ago we were all facing this harsh reality.
I have one of my brothers in Spain, with his family, they have lived there for a few years now ....
... More than 5 days ago, he is hospitalized and on a respirator fighting for his life. I did not want to comment on this so as not to generate more concern, but, it is a subject that we have very close even in our loved ones.
I hope that every person who has fallen into this serious problem, can come out healthy, my brother is one of them.
We are all part, we are all united. Please do not expose yourselves, if possible, stay in your homes, protect yourself ... everyone is important.
Brad, dear friend, my congratulations to you, your sister and all the forces that are directly fighting directly with this enemy.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:16 pm

Yes, in a week we have gone from worrying about toilet paper to worrying about our lives and those of our loved ones.

Stay strong and healthy out there.

Good news, most have mild symptoms and recover, bad news many have severe symptoms and do not.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Basswood Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:05 am

This is going to be the temporary solution to the Covid 19 virus problem. It's called Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). better than ventilators. Warm

Basswood
Basswood
Basswood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:07 am

It has been 1 month since my last post lets see the growth rate:
Use your zoom feature to see clearly.
Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 2 The_no11

Friday my city is to open up the retail stores / restaurants at 25% capacity masks optional. Many are too
scared to go back to work let alone visit these places due to the large increase in local cases in just 1 month.

Shocked Pray
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:17 am

Philadelphia will begin opening jobs back at the start of the week for construction. Seems a bit premature and I don't feel it's a good idea but others think otherwise. Of the 45K cases in PA almost 12k alone are in the city. I can certainly tell you how it impacts ones paycheck.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 am

This gal has got it figured out.

crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:37 am

crankbndr wrote:This gal has got it figured out.

Precious!

All thanks to the country that shall not be named because they might cut off your tooth paste.

How the H did we ever allow ourselves to get into this situation!
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 am

The bigger problem now is how to get out of it. I'm already receiving e-mails claiming that if a employee returns and possibly infects others on the jobsite that the company owner/owners of the infected employee will be held responsible.Knowing where one contracted the virus in the midst of a pandemic seems irrelevant but the stone throwing has begun. It just doesn't stop and the lawyers are just loving every bit of it.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:08 am

lol! lol! lol! She is a Nut but Right (most the time) I know people are hurting from the lack of pay But Damn it is our LIVES on the line here , don't get it myself People protesting to reopen America !! Thumbs Down Just too early Stay Safe at Home ( what the heck is wrong with being home a lot more than before ??? ))
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 am

All we have to do is eat Tide pods and drink Clorox and will be just fine.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:31 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:46 am

getback wrote:lol! lol! lol!  She is a Nut but Right (most the time) I know people are hurting from the lack of pay But Damn it is our LIVES on the line here , don't get it myself People protesting to reopen America !! Thumbs Down  Just too early Stay Safe at Home ( what the heck is wrong with being home a lot more than before ??? ))

She is my kind of cray cray, better than Tay Tay any day day!!! Sorry just took a pain pill.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:01 pm

Ken Cook wrote:All we have to do is eat Tide pods and drink Clorox and will be just fine.
What happened to the day when us kids would just chew asphalt tar? lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:05 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
Ken Cook wrote:All we have to do is eat Tide pods and drink Clorox and will be just fine.
What happened to the day when us kids would just chew asphalt tar? lol!

Or huff glue.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat May 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Dear friends, I am sorry to share this sad news. My brother, who was hospitalized in Spain for contracting the Covid-19 Virus, after 50 days of hospitalization and all the efforts of the doctors, unfortunately lost his life this Wednesday, May 6.
I deal with all the people who are living a similar situation with their loved ones, all this is very very sad. My hug to my brother in heaven and to all of you who are struggling with this evil.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat May 09, 2020 3:47 pm

MauricioB wrote:Dear friends, I am sorry to share this sad news. My brother, who was hospitalized in Spain for contracting the Covid-19 Virus, after 50 days of hospitalization and all the efforts of the doctors, unfortunately lost his life this Wednesday, May 6.
I deal with all the people who are living a similar situation with their loved ones, all this is very very sad. My hug to my brother in heaven and to all of you who are struggling with this evil.

Mauricio, My Deepest Condolences to you and your family at this sadness in the world. This virus is taking too many innocent members of our friends and families. A hug to you and your family to stay strong and healthy.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sat May 09, 2020 4:45 pm

MauricioB wrote:Dear friends, I am sorry to share this sad news. My brother, who was hospitalized in Spain for contracting the Covid-19 Virus, after 50 days of hospitalization and all the efforts of the doctors, unfortunately lost his life this Wednesday, May 6.
Mauricoio, I am Very Sorry to Hear the News of your dear Brother, My Prayers and Condolences go out to you and your Family
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sat May 09, 2020 5:13 pm

Sorry for the loss of your brother Mauricio. Our condolences to you and your family.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat May 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Dear Mauricio, So sorry to hear of your brothers passing. This virus has hit Spain really hard. We share with you your honoring of your brothers life.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Diedrichs Sat May 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Who has the answer,God help us all!!!!!
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat May 09, 2020 6:54 pm

Lo siento mucho Mauricio, bendice a tu hermano ya no tiene dolor.
Él está con Dios ahora y siempre estará lleno de alegría y amor.
Los bendigo a usted y a su familia. Hoy he rezado por todos ustedes.

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 2 Candle10

Sincerely your friend,
Crying or Very sad Pray

Last edited by 1/2A Nut on Sat May 09, 2020 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sat May 09, 2020 6:55 pm

I'm so sorry Mauricio. Very sad.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat May 09, 2020 7:00 pm

So sorry about your sad news Mauricio. May God bless and comfort you.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next