Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Cox_ba12

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Betty Skelton
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:20 pm

» Consolidated half-A C/L Sonic Star
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by Ken Cook Today at 5:03 pm

» New Model Build
by rdw777 Today at 2:52 pm

» The box, "Dad's Christmas Bells", and a Cox and Cabin connection
by rsv1cox Today at 10:52 am

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Today at 10:30 am

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by roddie Today at 10:02 am

» THE MOST ULTIMATE TD .049 POWERED COMBAT PLANE OF ALL TIME...!!!
by TD ABUSER Today at 9:25 am

» 1940's?...............
by rsv1cox Today at 7:46 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (September 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 7:19 am

» Lesson learned
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» Billy's Scientific "Sizzlin Liz" Mustang
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:21 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Empty Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...

Post  MauricioB Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...
Well after managing the purchase through a service that took 8 months and never arrived, I was able to find someone responsible who finally gave me Cox products .... a total of almost 10 months of waiting! ... ooh patience ... here It is a great tool!
I thank Mr. Matt of ExModelEngines for the good service ....
I will be sharing news soon of these products!

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Foto2050
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Foto2049
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Empty Re: Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...

Post  Marleysky Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 pm

AAhh, Good things come, to those who wait!!   You must have immense amounts of patience to wait that long.  Hugs to Matt for shipping all that stuff to you!  bounce
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Empty Re: Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...

Post  MauricioB Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Marleysky wrote:AAhh, Good things come, to those who wait!!   You must have immense amounts of patience to wait that long.  Hugs to Matt for shipping all that stuff to you!  bounce

Friend, here there is no other, or endure or sink ...
Mr. Matt has always been attentive, the problem is the shipments when they arrive at our customs, so it is necessary to buy from here with a land, (an import service) you pay every point and every comma, but at last you have what you So much you want!
How much is a Cox engine worth to me ??? .... mmm I would say that I can not place a price, if I add these details, the price would be impossible to pay .... how much do I want a Cox engine? ... all the sacrifice he has made for him!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 pm

Oh my 10 months what a horrible thing to suffer through!

But then oh the joy today for you I am happy to see you have new parts to enjoy and appreciate!!!
Maybe the Killer Bee crank I sent you will show up after 10 months too. Shocked

Small Cox Logo RC Plane Small Cox Logo

Beer Cheers
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 am

Very Happy Very Happy I am glad to see you are happy now and not waiting for a shipment , that would drive me Crazy !! Can't wait to see what is in those little bags there sunny I hope you do finally get the KB crank Brad sent you . Devil
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 am

1/2A Nut wrote:Oh my 10 months what a horrible thing to suffer through!

But then oh the joy today for you I am happy to see you have new parts to enjoy and appreciate!!!
Maybe the Killer Bee crank I sent you will show up after 10 months too.  Shocked

Small Cox Logo RC Plane Small Cox Logo

Beer Cheers

Friend how are you? !! ... yes, waiting is sometimes inevitable, with the new service I think an order will take about 1 month, which gives time to save money for payment! LOL
Regarding the connecting rod, I'm sure it must be in some corner of the warehouse, hoping that a soul of good service will give it course, it would be unfortunate that it stayed there a lot longer ... I'll keep waiting.
I have already started working with the new pieces ... soon I will upload photos ... thanks friend for being there! Eyebrows
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:43 am

getback wrote:Very Happy Very Happy I am glad to see you are happy now and not waiting for a shipment , that would drive me Crazy !! Can't wait to see what is in those little bags there sunny I hope you do finally get the KB crank Brad sent you . Devil

Eric dear !, that's right, I finally have them here, I was running out of breath but they arrived !!
If yes, Brad was incredibly kind to me, I would like that connecting rod to arrive to be able to return the gentleness armed the engine and showing the results ... I still think it will come.
Thanks Eric to you for your good vibes - energy - wave! Small Cox Logo
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 pm

I started to dedicate myself to these pieces.
I made the rear baseplate in aluminum alloy, I made three units.
Once I had the engines armed (2 of them) I went, I noticed that they did not have stable running, they got fat, and they came to stop.
Place different types of neoprene and a washer on each needle, that improved, but they continued to fail, that is, during the march they remained unstable and came to a halt.
I finally discovered that they sucked air between the venturi and the Needle Valve Body, so I made them together to avoid that air intake, result, everything was wonderful, the engines work perfect.
As one of them had the crankshaft displacement, I made a steel supplement washer, which was placed and the engine was perfect, without crankshaft displacement.
Also manufacture speed regulation rings, and they are a delight as they work.
Soon I will upload video. Very Happy cheers Airplane
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03025
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03115
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03110
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03111
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03116
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03119
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03112
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03113
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Junta10
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03118
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03114

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:58 pm

Very nice what sort of top end rpm are you getting??

Small Cox Logo This Site Rocks! Small Cox Logo
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:03 pm

1/2A Nut wrote:Very nice what sort of top end rpm are you getting??

Small Cox Logo This Site Rocks! Small Cox Logo

Brad friend !, thanks, let's share experiences here.
I want to do the tests and make a video, I still do not have precise data since I was reneging with the unstable march of the engines due to the air intake that was produced in the venturi, until I discovered it renegates enough ...
Soon I will make a video and I will control the rpm to share here, thanks for being here! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Beer Cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi Mauricio! You must be VERY HAPPY! These engines are Tee Dee .020's.. yes? I know that it was worth the waiting. The backplates that you made are exquisite!  Congratulations on working-out the problems! Three more Cox engines for three more airplanes!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:19 am

roddie wrote:Hi Mauricio! You must be VERY HAPPY! These engines are Tee Dee .020's.. yes? I know that it was worth the waiting. The backplates that you made are exquisite!  Congratulations on working-out the problems! Three more Cox engines for three more airplanes!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Roddie !!, thanks ... I really like to share with you, hopefully (as I always say) we would be close, because we would live these experiences in a personal way and some good beers would witness the joy !! ... yes they are. 020, I brought some parts, I have some PEE WEE here and I wanted to make a kit type, to convert Tee Dee or Pee Wee, according to the taste of the moment.
More models Yes !!! .... the next models I make I think they will not have fairing - cowl, I just think that the engines should look, I like the Pee Wee and the Tee Dee 020, so I'm going to think about something !!! I Love This Forum! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo RC Plane cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:43 am

Friend Brad, do you remember this post ?:
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t10561-venturi-thread-tee-dee-020#133315

Well here an important detail, I ordered the spare, so I dedicated myself to change it.
I notice something that surprises me, and for that reason I had to put some joints to prevent it from taking air there ... look at this photo:

You gave it to me

Flat surface support!:

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Img_2810

Now look at the photo of the piece I received, it matches the sale page, but the support is curved, this is what may be generating some unwanted air entry! can be? Huh...

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc_0910

http://www.exmodelengines.com/product.php?productid=17827&cat=249&page=1

I'm going to send this link to Mr. Matt, you may have additional information!

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:53 am

Well ... I continue with the replacement sequence of Carb Body...
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03122
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03123
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03125
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03124
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03121
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:57 am

Since the Carb Body has a curved seat, I place a couple of joints to avoid possible unwanted air sucks..
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03126
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03127
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03128
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03129
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:01 am

Also I do not want to do a competition, but I want to see in my own hands how one engine works and another, as soon as I have news I will share a video Wink
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03130
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:06 am

from left to right a Cox Pee Wee 020 with a speed regulation ring made at home, a renewed Cox Tee Dee 020, I changed the original plastic Carb Body with a new generation anodized metal, the throttle ring is original from Cox, finally one of the new Tee Dee 020 with ExModelEngines parts and homemade throttle ring!
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03131
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:14 am

I'm learning and taking notes, so I have a question to see if it matches what I think.
The question is:
Where does it cost more to take air - fuel to an engine? back? or by the rotary valve?

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc03132
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:31 am

Roddie, something like that could be interesting for this type of engines, although I would do it with ribs and rc!

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Pc160010

Source of the photograph, I quote:
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/9/6/3/7/9/a6341983-177-PC160026.jpg
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:41 am

The person that makes the aluminum carb bodies for Matt must have changed the design all mine are flat.
You can file it flat or use gaskets as you have made them. You should message Matt and let him know your
findings.

Bernie still sells the flat ones:

https://coxengines.ca/cox-.020-carburetor-body-red.html

Front induction with the rotary crank is much better fuel / air draw compared to reed valve.

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:05 am

1/2A Nut wrote:The person that makes the aluminum carb bodies for Matt must have changed the design all mine are flat.
You can file it flat or use gaskets as you have made them. You should message Matt and let him know your
findings.

Bernie still sells the flat ones:

https://coxengines.ca/cox-.020-carburetor-body-red.html

Front induction with the rotary crank is much better fuel / air draw compared to reed valve.

Yes, I have sent three emails to Mr. Matt, I hope that my contributions are good, since they contribute to the good performance of their products.
I reneged a lot until I realized what the problem was.
This putting together is a simple solution, and seeing that there was the problem solved, now I would have to mechanize each piece to leave it flat to the surface. It is very cumbersome from here to place an order for these units to Mr. Bernie .... maybe later with other articles I will keep it in mind.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:12 am

1/2A Nut wrote:

I do not mean which is better, I mean how much energy force one system or another requires to suck fuel air mixture, that is, where it is easier to get air and fuel to an engine? Very Happy
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:24 am

Rotary valve is easy on the engine and no reed wear. Cool
See how small the intake hole is for the reed valve.

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Imag6312
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:24 am

MauricioB wrote:
Now look at the photo of the piece I received, it matches the sale page, but the support is curved, this is what may be generating some unwanted air entry! can be?  Huh...

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... Dsc_0910

Well, that's a pity, it is clearly machined incorrectly. Perhaps they simply have missed a step in the machining of the parts (and forgotten to flatten the sealing surface) but these parts should never have reached any customers.  Rolling Eyes

I hope Matt can help you out with the proper product, it is a pity though with the ridiculously long shipping time.
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:56 am

I feel sure Matt is looking into it as we speak , it is good you have found this out for them before they send more out to people that may can not figure out what the problem is may would discard the engine all together missing out on the fun ! Sad Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next