Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Cox_ba12

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» some pics....
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:09 am

» Peewee power
by Coxfledgling Today at 3:46 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» Automobiles you don't see everyday...
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 10:04 pm

» Stick built rubber powered Scientific ME-109
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Ode to a dead cat
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:11 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» So Cool If you haven't seen it
by getback Yesterday at 5:25 pm

» Thrust Washer
by GallopingGhostler Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:07 pm

» Needle-Valve extensions (yellow) for Killer Bee
by EXModelEngines Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:26 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by balogh Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:40 pm

» cox tee dee 010 pulling a Roaring 20 I have reconstructed after the previous one was lost
by GallopingGhostler Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:08 am

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Empty
Live on Patrol

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024-

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Empty *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024-

Post  Admin Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:23 am

Check with own eyes  submit the next   Check with own eyes  
COX ENGINE of the MONTH!
   and have a chance to win a Black Lynx .049 Engine from Ex Model Engines!
   CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
   *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Lynxbi12

Notice: Rules revised May, 2023  Affraid or WOW!

Rules: You may post one* (1) picture of an engine or group of engines that are alike (for example: a collection of Space Bug Jr.s that feature each color tank). The featured engine(s) shall be clearly visible in the photo, not hidden within a model, inside a cowl, buried behind other engines in a display, or at a great distance within the photo. Since this is "Cox Engine of the Month", the engine must be a Cox engine. The Engine can be stock or parts built. Cox engines using aftermarket or handmade parts and multi-cylinder engines are allowed as long as they feature Cox made† crankcase(s) and cylinder(s). Although proof is not required, engines that are built using aftermarket or handmade parts shall be able to run. A good example of a non-running homemade engine that wouldn't qualify for this contest is found here. Disassembled engines are allowed as long as all parts are visible and the engine is in running condition when assembled. We ask that you wait a minimum of two months before resubmitting a photo that was featured in last-month's Cox Engine of the Month poll. Photos that have previously been chosen as Cox Engine of the Month since the inception of the contest may not be re-submitted, however an engine featured may be rephotographed.

* You may post multiple "pictures" as long as they are all joined together in one picture. This is done in image editing software before uploading, please keep the length of the resulting photo reasonable.
     † Current production parts produced based on original Cox designs are allowed. Such as cylinders and crankcases currently available by Cox International and Ex Model Engines.

MAIN POINTS
•One picture*
•Picture shall be of one engine or engines that are alike (a Babe Bee and a Tee Dee .049 together would NOT qualify)
•Engine(s) shall to be clear and visible (not hidden behind a cowl, in a model, or photographed at a great distance)
•Must be a Cox Engine
•Engines using aftermarket or handmade parts must feature Cox made† crankcase(s) and cylinder(s)
•Engine must be able to run
•Picture must not have been featured in last-month's poll (you may re-submit that picture next month)
•Picture must not have won as Cox Engine of the Month in the past

If you are unsure whether your picture qualifies, feel free to contact the administrator with questions.

Optional Caption
     Along with your picture you may include a caption that describes or explains the picture. The caption should include the name and displacement of the engine. The length of the caption shall be reasonable and not too long. Captions are subject to minor editing by the administrator. If no caption/description is provided, one will be made for it.

After 5 days, the first 10 pictures will be moved to another topic to be voted on by other members. Only active members may vote (having 30 posts or more). The winner will have their engine displayed on the sidebar of the forum and forever listed on the past winners page.

Looking forward to see what you guys come up with! Good Luck!

Small Cox Logo BE SURE TO READ THE RULES   Clean my glasses   

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Empty Re: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024-

Post  KariFS Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:28 am

”WannaBee 051”. Tee Dee 051 cylinder&head, modified red backplate with a 128tpi needle, diesel crank.

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- 377f3010
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Empty Jewelry box new tee dee .020

Post  davidll1984 Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:21 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- 17251910
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Empty Re: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024-

Post  F4D Phantom II Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:00 am

This is my entry a surestart .049 geared opposed twin.
                                                                        Juan

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Img_2410
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:38 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Img_2413 New In card Black Widow
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:19 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- 20210135
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Empty Custom Cox Tee Dee 020 R/C with manifold called "Tee Dee Blackie"

Post  sosam117 Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:45 am

Custom Cox Tee Dee 020 R/C with manifold which I call "Tee Dee Blackie"

Backplate is a modified Kamtechnik Tee Dee 020.
Throttle and manifold made by me.

The backplate, and manifold was "Blackened"

Stand and aluminum venturi (Red) by Cox International
Prop from Cox International as well.
Red Spinner and gold needle valve assembly from an original Cox 020 rebuild kit.

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Cox_te17

Modified Kamtechnik backplate to clear the manifold (photos below):
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Img_0395
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Img_0396
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Img_0394
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:03 am

COX TeeDee010 powerhouse perched on my Shoestring Micro RC racer ( perched on my wife's hydrangea)

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- 20240910 This Site Rocks!
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Empty PeeWee .020

Post  rdw777 Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:06 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- B25eaa10
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:56 pm

Black Widow .049 with muffler and ACE r/c style throttle system.
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- 20240910
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:11 pm

We can take 1 more. bounce

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:56 pm

just checked in an noticed you were one short, not sure if this photo had ever been submitted or not: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- 01910
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:32 am

Mark, I think it’s ok to re-submit a photo, unless it has won the EotM before.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:18 am

Past non-winning photos can be resubmitted, but if they were submitted the month before (like last month), they must wait another month before re-submitting.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  F4D Phantom II Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:17 am

Hello guys
                    Here is a video of my Cox surestart geared .049 Twin. I enjoyed building this aluminum engine parts on my lathe and getting it to run. For smoothness I have both cylinder fire at the same time. I used 23 teeth gears on the engines and a 31 teeth gear on the propeller driver. Engines is turning a Xoar 9 x 4 propeller. I started using a Top Flite 9 x 6 nylon prop but it was too much of a load. I enjoyed doing this engine.

Juan

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Img_2411
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Img_2412
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:51 am

It is great, Juan..does some of the spent castor mist reach the gears and axles for a "forced lubrication", or, the propeller blast air blows it away from the engine front area?

I could think of placing some exhaust manifolds on the cylinders and thereby directing the exhausts towards the transmission unit for lubrication...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:43 am

balogh wrote:It is great, Juan..does some of the spent castor mist reach the gears and axles for a "forced lubrication", or, the propeller blast air blows it away from the engine front area?

I could think of placing some exhaust manifolds on the cylinders and thereby directing the exhausts towards the transmission unit for lubrication...

My manifold design could work for that..

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Juan_s13

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Juan_s12

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Juan_s14

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Juan_s11
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:54 pm

Yes, Roddie, with an opening slit in the middle of the interconnecting tube the castor laden exhaust gases would hit the trannie where it needs lube oil the most! Maybe the mufflers each should have a 2nd outlet too in order to let the engine spit most of the exhausts through it, and only a minor flow would be directed towards the gears through the interconnection?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:13 pm

The early real airplanes 100 years ago had exposed rocker arms, which required lubrication, a sprit of oil at each rocker joint and pushrod end before each flight. Later, these were enclosed with an intricate oil supply system bathing them in oil.

I could see similarly with this exposed gearing system. Perhaps a better solution would be a high quality lithium or molybdem based grease, cleaned off and reapplied periodically to each bearing surface and gear teeth.

But so far not owning such a system to put it to use, my comments thus remain academic. (YMMV - your mileage may vary). lol!

I could foresee such a beast of engine, a .098 out of two .049's gracing the front of an early monoplane like the Aeronca C-3. One could even leave it exposed above without cowling to illustrate the engine's beauty.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:21 pm

balogh wrote:Yes, Roddie, with an opening slit in the middle of the interconnecting tube the castor laden exhaust gases would hit the trannie where it needs lube oil the most! Maybe the mufflers each should have a 2nd outlet too in order to let the engine spit most of the exhausts through it, and only a minor flow would be directed towards the gears through the interconnection?

The design allows for this configuration to be made. The inner-ring(s) of the manifold(s) can be drilled to accept a second pipe for exhaust-priming and/or better breathing and yes; the interconnecting tube would have a simple slit in the middle.. like you stated.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  F4D Phantom II Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:33 pm

Hello guys
                 I have applied oil to the gears before running the engine and have not noted gear wear. I don`t know if they are hardened they came out of a small handheld battery powered screwdriver. I have run the engine a few times and have not seen the oil on the gears turn dark with metal particles maybe with further use I will notice something. I have no plans on what plane to build for it. An Aeronca C3 master or an Aeronca K would be great to place the twin on and I like them very much.  Thanks for the comments and advice.
                                                                                       Juan

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- Aeronc12
F4D Phantom II
F4D Phantom II
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:37 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:just checked in an noticed you were one short, not sure if this photo had ever been submitted or not: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- 01910

Great to see you around Mark.

That picture won Cox Engine of the Month back in February of 2017. Have anything else?

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:45 pm

Sorry for the confusion!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:12 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:Sorry for the confusion!

You can submit a different picture if you have one, or else we can take 1 more picture.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:20 pm

Here's a 'before' photo with genuine crud, probably from a Cox Comanche

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -September 2024- 27209910
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next