Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Fox 07 R/C Cox_ba12

Fox 07 R/C Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by roddie Today at 12:29 pm

» Set Up for Semi-Serious Stunt on Norvel .061 Big Mig
by Ken Cook Today at 12:28 pm

» Internet buy
by bsadonkill Today at 12:27 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 8:29 am

» Fox 07 R/C
by Surfer_kris Today at 7:29 am

» Cox PT-19 Trainer.
by roddie Yesterday at 10:26 am

» The Breezy Hill Flyers' "Chester Area Christian Food Pantry" Fun-Fly.
by roddie Yesterday at 9:24 am

» B-25 repaired
by rsv1cox Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:29 pm

» Wanted: O.S. Max .10 "Bow Tie" Engine for Parts
by Ken Cook Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:03 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:16 pm

» **Black Lynx Engine Giveaway Jan-June 2024** Cox Engine of the Month
by roddie Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:44 am

» How does your Garden Grow
by getback Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:58 am

Cox Engine of The Month
June-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Cox .049 Marine inboard engine."

More info on this engine!

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Fox 07 R/C Empty
Live on Patrol

Fox 07 R/C

Go down

Fox 07 R/C Empty Fox 07 R/C

Post  ffkiwi Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:31 pm

Anyone got a set of operating instructions for one of these that you could scan and post?  I picked up a couple of 07 R/Cs a few years back...but no boxes or paperwork. Its time i gave them a run-with a possible view to having one or both earn their keep in a model...!

What I'm really after is the detail on setting the throttle and idle mix-since it uses Fox's fairly unique (for the time) high and low speed adjustable jets.  Its by no means certain that mine haven't been fiddled with by past owners, so I'd like to see the factory instructions regarding adjustment....     Note that the standard Fox 07 instructions will not have this info....and in any case the 07 r/c is a quite different motor..

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
ffkiwi
ffkiwi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Fox 07 R/C Empty Re: Fox 07 R/C

Post  getback Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:01 am

getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ffkiwi Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:33 pm

No-that's the engine test-which I'm already familiar wirh...what I want is the actual operating instructions that would have come with the engine when purchased brand new.....normally a double sided pamphlet. Mecoa has most of them in archive form on their website-but they only go down to 09-as the rights to the 049 and 07 engines were sold off by Fox to Richard Rikel and his partner back in the early 90s...H&R Engines-the guys who reintroduced the Fox 049 FAI Special-long before Mecoa acquired the Fox line.... Of course the Fox 049/07 engine residue changed hands several times subsequently.

ChrisM
ffkiwi'
ffkiwi
ffkiwi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:21 pm

Hello ChrisM, I'm sorry I can't help, I'm just leaving my message to congratulate you on the acquisition, I didn't know about this engine and from the link Eric left, I see a beautiful R/C engine....congratulations and if you want it at some point, of gear to the engine, it will be a pleasure to see it working here. Thank you!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ffkiwi Yesterday at 1:16 am

MauricioB wrote:Hello ChrisM, I'm sorry I can't help, I'm just leaving my message to congratulate you on the acquisition, I didn't know about this engine and from the link Eric left, I see a beautiful R/C engine....congratulations and if you want it at some point, of gear to the engine, it will be a pleasure to see it working here. Thank you!

Mauricio-they don't crop up that often-but they do appear on Ebay from time to time....as does the standard 07...also known as the 'Fox compact stunt motor'....the 07 R/C being 15 years ahead of its time-and 25 years ahead of its time in terms of a throttle for its size category-we had to wait till the MP Jet 061 appeared to get a throttle of similar refinement.....its a pity there was no really lightweight gear around at the time-other than cascaded escapement type single channel-that would have allowed it to really make its mark. As the engine test noted-other than capacity, there was very little parts commonality between the 07 and the 07 R/C other than the P/C set and glowhead.

I haven't run either of mine yet-but want to have at least some written backup in the event that the throttle settings have been fiddled with-and Fox throttles-at least of this era -were adjusted a bit differently to modern types and I have to find the correct settings. Powerwise-according to the tests both versions are up there with a Cox Medallion 049 or Black Widow-but capable of turning larger props-7x3 or 7x4-which is no bad thing-about 16% more swept area-which ought to suit some of the classic 1/2A designs from the 60s and 70s. In any case I'm by no means short of throttled 1/2A engines-so if these get used in anger it will be in something period appropriate.

ChrisM
ffkiwi
ffkiwi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Yesterday at 6:51 am

Sorry Chris , I didn't read the whole article till now and see there is no reference to what a starting point would bee for the adjustments . Sounds like a interesting engine to run hope you can get it figured out . Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Yesterday at 11:48 am

(deleted) sorry... I posted the engine test same as Eric did.. Embarassed

Last edited by roddie on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted redundant info.)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ffkiwi Yesterday at 4:57 pm

getback wrote:Sorry Chris , I didn't read the whole article till now and see there is no reference to what a starting point would bee for the adjustments . Sounds like a interesting engine to run hope you can get it figured out . Very Happy

no biggie-Eric and Roddie-the test itself I looked up as soon as i acquired the two examples. I'm just taking precautions in the event that the settings have been fiddled with. If they had, without knowing what the factory suggestions are, any adjustment by me could make things worse rather than better......mainly as regards idle mixture.....the setup as noted in the engine test article is a bit different to what is normal these days-with the low speed jet always in use and the high speed only functioning at full throttle...

As I noted-many years of collecting and using engines have borne out the truism that if something can be unnecessarily fiddled with.....it will be....and especially with diesels. i've lost count of the number of engines that have passed through my hands with the liner in backwards, or the piston 180 degrees out..!

ChrisM
ffkiwi
ffkiwi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Yesterday at 5:14 pm

Chris, it's hard to believe this isn't a simple Google search but it isn't. Sadly, we no longer have Bill Mohrbacher to offer his manuals. Bill would immediately know what to do. I know some Fox carbs are much different then others whereas you adjust the low first and then the main. I'm not certain if the .07 carb requires this feature.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Today at 7:29 am

Unfortunately I don't have any manual either...

You can get a rough check by blowing into the fuel line, a slight hiss usually works as a starting point. From what I remember the low end setting isn't very critical. Instead one would run the "low-end" well on the rich side, this gives a two-throttle setting, a rich low rpm setting a higher revving lean WOT. One should not expect a true proportional throttle like we have on more modern engines.

Here is a picture of one of my engines and the low-end setting:

Fox 07 R/C Img_1111
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: