Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile - Page 2 Cox_ba12

A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:26 pm

» The Three Stooges
by roddie Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Green vent..
by roddie Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Destructive deconstruction - The Chinese Russian Carrier gives in
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» 049 Tee Dee needle valve bodies and 049 TD engines - Potential flaw
by Cox International Yesterday at 4:33 pm

» PSA propellors!!!
by robot797 Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» My First Balloon Tank Attempt
by roddie Yesterday at 11:42 am

» Fall S.M.A.L.L. 2024 Wednesday October, 16th.
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 am

» Who purchased one of my manifolds and has a tuned pipe that will fit to it?
by davidll1984 Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:15 pm

» OK Cub .024
by 049kid Wed Oct 16, 2024 12:31 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by 049kid Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:17 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2024
MauricioB's

"Cox .049 Circa 1975, custom."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile - Page 2 Empty Re: A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile

Post  rsv1cox Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Levent Suberk wrote:You bought best car designs of Nylint, they seem very pretty Very Happy

Very neat carboard box restoration you did, as well as engine restorations.

I'm thinking about building a track for the three.  1/4" plywood 1.5X8' steamed into undulations.  Guides? Sand at the bottom. Carbon Tet..........Smile

A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile - Page 2 Pinewo10

More on Jimmy Gronen

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/38674

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/news/local/2013/07/23/soap-box-derby-marks-40th/10441437007/

A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile - Page 2 Jimmy_11

Last edited by rsv1cox on Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile - Page 2 Empty Re: A Craftsman radial saw, the constructed Tyco Cosmic Wind display rack, and the burn pile

Post  roddie Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:08 pm

Levent Suberk wrote:I think that model soap box kits can be made as propeller driven tethered cars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZK4YNM3/ref=sspa_mw_detail_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

They're getting all the $$ for those car kits.. Shocked and also the separate accessories.. Granted the pre-shaped/CNC formed body and wheels trued on a CNC lathe are "trick".. but now a kid is prone to thinking they have to spend that kind of money just to be competitive. Maybe those "Maximum Velocity" kits and any other similar-type kits should run in a separate Pinewood Derby class?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:20 pm

When I was in the scouts, you had to purchase your car from the shops that sold scout apparel and goods. In addition, everyone had the same kit, I see this CNC kit being a advantage over what I recall being a kit. There was nothing pre sanded, even using the word shaped would be a stretch. Essentially you received a block of pine with two small dados across the bottom, 4 wheels and escutcheon pins for axles. This was a not too exceed $$$ event. You purchased the kit which essentially any money raised went back into your council. Your parents were allowed to offer help and advice, you the builder had to shape it, assemble it and paint it. I still have mine . I remember about 10 of us sitting all around the table at the den mother's house assembling these cars.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2