Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Cox_ba12

“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» some pics....
by roddie Today at 9:13 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by rsv1cox Today at 6:47 pm

» Stick built rubber powered Scientific ME-109
by rsv1cox Today at 6:24 pm

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Today at 5:37 pm

» Cox Rivets OWNERS FLIGHT MANUAL
by GallopingGhostler Today at 3:30 pm

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by balogh Today at 8:40 am

» WILLY NILLY
by MANDALAY Yesterday at 7:28 pm

» Automobiles you don't see everyday...
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:54 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Thrust Washer
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 8:25 am

» Peewee power
by Coxfledgling Yesterday at 3:46 am

» Ode to a dead cat
by GallopingGhostler Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:11 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Empty Re: “Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build

Post  balogh Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:04 am

Kyle, I use this Futaba receiver in my small planes. At less than 5g weight and telemetry capability, these are super slim.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186422301984?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=MrXa8Kb5QWu&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=rP7YBAVdSR2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Empty Re: “Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build

Post  KyleRManeti95 Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:00 am

Thank you, I’ll add that receiver to my shopping list, I’m also going to either make a rough model of it, or find another cad model that is done already to help.
As for a model update, I am working on the aero car tonight. I have gotten rid of all internal geometry and solidified the fuselage to help make future work a bit easier.
I have attempted to compress the model on the z axis by .75 and it did produce a nicer fuselage, but the tail boom area is going to need some work. Here is how the airplane looks currently. “Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3810
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3811
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3812
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleRManeti95 Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:27 pm

Okay another small update.
I have created crude blocks to emulate the futaba receiver, converter and battery that Balogh mentioned. I have also looked into the anomaly that I posted in the last photo, it appears that my phone is having a hard time generating the features in that area, causing areas to look completely empty. I split the fuselage into smaller sections and found that the models are still completely solid, but broken on the outer face. I’ll have to sort that more later.
I have also modeled a new set of landing gear, using 2mm wire this time instead of 1mm to help make things more durable. I have placed the wheel centers 90mm apart and tilted the gear in 20 degrees.
Here are a couple of photos with “Perspective” turned on, which should give a better idea of what the parts will actually look like. Without perspective turned on, you don’t quite get to see the model as it will actually be. “Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3813
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3812
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3813
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:50 pm

Awsome! CONGRATS!

balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleRManeti95 Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:07 pm

Thank you buddy, I still have to order all of the electronics. I’m just waiting for my change jar to grow some more first lol.
I’m going to work on positioning everything, either right now or tomorrow. My best friend and I are going to see the punk band NOFX tonight in Minneapolis Minnesota Smile
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:13 pm

Beware...pogo can be harmful if done carelessly

Very Happy
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleRManeti95 Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:45 pm

lol I will. Nofx is our favorite band and it might be our last chance to see them as they are retiring after this tour
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:44 pm

KyleRManeti95 wrote:lol I will. Nofx is our favorite band and it might be our last chance to see them as they are retiring after this tour
Don’t Worry , They will Retire 3 or 4 more times Very Happy
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleRManeti95 Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:37 am

lol, you are probably right lol!
The show was absolutely incredible. My best friend and I were directly in front of the stage all night and got a drumstick, guitar pick from Nofx. And a set list from another band called the codefendants.
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleRManeti95 Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:25 pm

Alright, very brief update.
First, I removed the section of the fuselage that was messed up from rescaling. I have designed a new tail boom mount to accommodate for the changes.
Second, I have hollowed out the fuselage to give a wall thickness of 1mm, I have also added material to the wing mount location to help add strength.
My next steps tonight will be to add ribs into the fuselage and split the wing in half.
The current wing section length is about 316mm, the max height I can print is around 250mm. I have an idea on how I’m going to join the wing halves together, as well as possibly a cf rod to reinforce the wing sections.
Anyway, that’s all for now, here are a couple photographs of the new fuselage RC Plane
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3815
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3816
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleRManeti95 Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:12 pm

I’ve just started a print for v2.3, the wing is going to print in two sections, as well as half of the fuselage, minus ribs. The print will take roughly 12 hours and will weigh 88g“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Image11
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3814
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleRManeti95 Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:47 am

Okay I’m back with a very brief update.
I tried to get the two wing sections and fuselage half to print all at once but I ran into bed adhesion issues which were allowing the wing sections to peel off the bed as they were printed. I have opted to only print the fuselage half right now, I will be printing wing sections later today once the printer is done doing some work for the business.
Anyway, here are a couple of photos of the new fuselage half next to the old version. “Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3816
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3815
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KyleRManeti95 Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:27 pm

Okay, I’ve gone and relocated the electronics, made a simple holder for the receiver, battery and converter. I have also added in a 2 part door to the fuselage to allow access inside the fuselage. The top door swings up towards the wing 110 degrees while the bottom section swings down 60 degrees, pulling the electronics block with it. I have modeled in a simple way to adjust the position of this block to help with balancing. I still have to figure out exactly how everything will work together. But this is what the fuselage is looking like now. “Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3822
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3821
“Aero Car” 3d printed, peewee powered plane build - Page 4 Img_3823
KyleRManeti95
KyleRManeti95
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4