Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Cox_ba12

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by getback Today at 5:55 am

» Ignition Points for Ohlsson 23
by getback Today at 5:11 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» some pics....
by roddie Yesterday at 6:21 pm

» The Beaver chainsaw, Cox's most interesting product
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:22 am

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Yesterday at 8:58 am

» Automobiles you don't see everyday...
by Oldenginerod Yesterday at 7:30 am

» Stick built rubber powered Scientific ME-109
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Cox Rivets OWNERS FLIGHT MANUAL
by howardhb Yesterday at 7:03 am

» WILLY NILLY
by MANDALAY Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:28 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:58 pm

» Thrust Washer
by davidll1984 Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:25 am

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Empty
Live on Patrol

Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that

Go down

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Empty Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that

Post  OVERLORD Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:48 pm

This post doesn't need many words. Show what you still have lying around in your cupboard!!!

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that 175010

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that 13698510

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Img10

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rc_boa10

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Xtreme10
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Empty Re: Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that

Post  fredvon4 Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:21 pm

I am probably the only 60+ year old guy who never saw any of the National Geographic Africa..Borneo .. Aborigine... top less females

BUT our family had many different modeling subscriptions---- and I did indeed drool over MANY of the cover Models... You know ----the ones with wings...grin

I am some what appalled by what passes for advertising these days.... seems to me a LOT of ad creators need to go back to school

Funny with company logo prominent works
SEX always works
Heart Tug always works

I have never ever taken an advertising psychology course but I intuitively know the goal is NAME recognition especially in various age groups

When the Army sent me to instructor school I learned that adult humans need at least three iterations of a thought or concept to remember--- preferably presented by ear, eye, and hands on..... IE Talk about the thing, Show the thing, let Student Touch the thing

I also know they( advertisers) deliberately do not target older viewers because it takes too much effort($$$) to break ANY brand loyalty

Wife and I discuss this a lot as retirees and watching WAY too Much BOOB Tube.... 80% of the TV OR magazine commercials these days do NOT evoke NAME recognition....for any age group....

and a funny aside....we laugh our butt off at almost all LOCAL TV advertising... usually looking at each other and simultaneously saying..."What are they thinking"??

Talk about poorly executed, hokey, back woods, crappola ads!!!!

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Empty Re: Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:51 pm

deleted

Last edited by GallopingGhostler on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:29 pm

My favorite 'Girl Cover' on a Model Magazine...probably because of my crush on Susan Dey of "The Partridge Family" at the time. Still, her bathing suit looks like a nun's habit compared to today's stuff.

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rcm11

My all-time favorite Model Airplane cover was and is American Aircraft Modeler's cover of Dave Platt's fantastic Douglas Dauntless. It was the first time I'd seen a builder intentionally making their plane look war-weary.

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Dave_d10

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Kim wrote:My favorite 'Girl Cover' on a Model Magazine...probably because of my crush on Susan Dey of "The Partridge Family" at the time.  Still, her bathing suit looks like a nun's habit compared to today's stuff.

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rcm11

Hey, I had that mag!!!  Not sure where it went, but I do recall having a similar focus, and it wasn't all aircraft based.

I guess we Aussies felt we needed to get in on the act as well.  Would for sure be seen as "unnecessary stereotyping" today.
make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Airbou10
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Some more: Adepte, Modèle Réduit De Bateau, Aeromodeller...

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Adepte10

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Mrb110

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Aeromo10

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Merlyn10

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that 17508210
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:26 pm

KIM MY BROTHER!!

I bet you do not believe this...so look it up

Lately YOU have posted quite a few things that fit into my life experiences

Susan Dey was a fellow class mate of mine in Oakland High circa 1968~1970

Her family moved to LA but my understanding is she was a child Model in the Bay area...before the acting career

NO brother...she had NO clue who Frederick Carl von Gortler IV was ----and we Never did share any epic moments ....naked...

BUT I did Fantasize on THAT a LOT....

mostly after she was cast on Partridge family and later, L.A. Law

I think it cool (maybe not) that my Dad--- in the Nam..
caused me to be in the Oakland Bay area from 68~73

I met - knew - or had close encounters with:

Tim Leary...invented LSD
Tom Hanks.. Became a great actor
John Lee Hooker...superb Blues singer
Angela Davis.. super bitch
Patty Hurst..her White counter part
Susan Dey..became a great actoress
John Fogerty.. no Bayou background but a super entertainer
Bert Campaneris..oakland A's
Peggy Flemming, world class Ice skater...saw her live in Minnesota
Ted Hendricks... memory loss about why I have him in my notes

I delivered the Tribune paper to Huey Newton...a bad ass criminal

I played foot ball (badly) with some notable later NFL guys
I hung out with a crowd that included notable Boxing greats

I watched Vida Blue pitch several NO hitters for the Oakland A's
I saw Raider's win a ring or two....grin
I once was at a San Fran -Top of the Mark -party where the family of Joe DiMaggio was celebrating something and got sucked into the celebration not even having a clue (at the time) of who he was

I met Ken Stabler and John Brodie several times at various bars n clubs

I have autographs from
Rollie Fingers
Catfish Hunter
George Blanda
Reggie Jackson
Jim Otto
Art Shell
Gene Upshaw
Lynn Swann
Joe Montanna
Jerry Rice

AND more importantly---- I escaped ( by being drafted) that cess pool of crass moronic humanity as almost any above mentioned notable did...
The Greater San Fran/Oakland bay area 1965~1975 was a tragic disaster...IMO

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Susan Dey.. OMG...  (redneck forum content..) Laughing She was probably the first on-screen gal to ignite my young-boy libido. Shocked Then there was Julie Newmar, Barbara Feldon, Barbara Eden.. (OMG... I'm getting excited just recollecting) Marta Kristen.. Dianna Rigg.. cripes... I'll be right back... Laughing
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:01 pm

[quote="OVERLORD"]

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Mrb110

Well at least the girls with the boats have a legitimate excuse for wearing a bathing suit, don't they? Eyebrows
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 am

That's probably true

Some more covers:

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that 17323310

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Radio_10

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rcm_ap10

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rcm610

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Sans-t10

For Rhönadler or Stuka enthousiasts:

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Images10

There's also this: an innocent picture from 1968

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rcm10
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Now thats what I call a "Perfect Storm".
make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that 1NewzPV
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:00 pm

DEJA VU

RC Modeler

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that 116010

Radio  Modelisme

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rev_ra10

Adepte 7/76

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rev_ad11

Adepte 9/76

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Rev_ad10

Page 3 girl Denise Perry in RCM 10/76

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Denise10

and in Radio Control Models and Electronics with the same plane 9/76.

make your own reeds - Modelling magazine covers: they don't make them anymore like that Radio_10
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down