Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I got an E-Z Bee II ! Cox_ba12

I got an E-Z Bee II ! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox 020 PeeWee rebuild questions
by cstatman Today at 12:33 pm

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by rsv1cox Today at 12:32 pm

» New Model Build
by bsadonkill Today at 12:05 pm

» Test Day x 3
by rdw777 Today at 11:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 11:28 am

» OS MAX-D
by qaz049 Today at 11:03 am

» The 17th Annual Ringmaster Fly-a-Thon at Breezy Hill, near Chester, Illinois.
by akjgardner Today at 9:44 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (October 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:56 pm

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» Cox Texaco and Texaco Jr. built with Kustom Kraftsman's parts.
by BillLee Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Yesterday at 9:27 am

» Irvine Mills .75 replica
by ffkiwi Yesterday at 5:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I got an E-Z Bee II ! Empty
Live on Patrol

I got an E-Z Bee II !

Go down

I got an E-Z Bee II ! Empty I got an E-Z Bee II !

Post  FSTP Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:15 am

I managed to find an E-Z Bee II. This will go along nicely with the Cox Lazy Bee I got a few months back. I was wondering if anyone has set one up for throttle control? If so what did you do to add throttle functionality to it?
FSTP
FSTP
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

I got an E-Z Bee II ! Empty Re: I got an E-Z Bee II !

Post  davidll1984 Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Its posible To use rc ring or the rc exaust ring type like the one use wit cox gtp rc cars its posible tink of use tank wit extension fuel Line I got an E-Z Bee II ! 16166010
This engine use hiden carb setup inside its fuel tank is a carb Hide inside use two Line just one its ok wil work Good wit just ring type rc
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FSTP Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:35 am

Thanks for the reply!

I also had a question about flying the EZ Bee II. Can this model plane perform ROG take offs? I know the Cox Co-Pilot VHS video instructs a hand launch. But I'm in a wheelchair low to the ground and I've always had difficulty with hand launches so I always prefer a rolling take off from the ground.
FSTP
FSTP
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:07 am

Hello , i have been looking on the Net and so far can't find a RTO of this plane , But the way i look at is if it has wheels and will fly why would it not take off from the ground? I salute you for doing what you love even with a disability RC Plane cheers Hand Shake
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  FSTP Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Thanks so much getback ! !  

I was thinking the same thing that it should work if its able to fly and has wheels. But wanted some confirmation from someone that has tried it. I guess if there is no hard data on EZ Bee II ROG take offs I'll have to try it and report back RC Plane Computer Issues Cool
FSTP
FSTP
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FSTP Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:58 pm

Here are some pictures of the EZ Bee II I got. Its in amazing condition considering its 21 years old.

I got an E-Z Bee II ! Ezbeeb10

Hopefully the decals are still sticky and will stay on. If not I can always use some packing tape. I had to do that with my Cox Lazy Bee model.
I got an E-Z Bee II ! Ezbeem10

It even came with an extra engine thrown in for some reason. The EZ Bee II engine with the muffler is new never run, but the extra engine appears to have at least been lightly ran at some point. So IDK why or where it came from. But its nice to have an extra!
I got an E-Z Bee II ! Ezbeee10
FSTP
FSTP
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Hey! That’s a great looking model plus spare engine! I know Tony Accurso has a video of him flying a SD Condor with a Medallion 049 with a ROG takeoff. You will find it in the selection of similar videos when you view the EZ Bee video Co-pilot video posted on YouTube. Pay close attention to the launch training instructions at 7:50 in the video. Practice throwing Adult Beverage cans to perfect your technique. I think you have to empty them first for proper aerodynamics and stability. Oh and ya gotta wear a sweater that matches your plane!
Here’s the Co-pilot video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gvmr0Irh5oc

Here’s Tony flying the 049 powered Condor:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9XtyievSnE
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:07 pm

Congratulations, that is in great condition, the engines too. Decals look perfect, generally they are the first to deteriorate. Your going to have a lot of fun with that. As far as ROG, wind that Cox engine up put it on a flat smooth level surface and see.

Do you have a radio for it?
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:51 am

I have a plane that is similar to the E-Z Bee II.

The Cox R/C Commander:
I got an E-Z Bee II ! Rc_com16

The planes are approximately the same. Just a little changes and probably cost less because of "red" foam wings over the white foam wings? But the E-Z Bee II had a better radio, but I purchased the better Cox Cobra radio to install in the plane.

Purchased the plane "NEW" back in 1990's. Tried to get my son interested in model airplanes. Didn't last long and got interested in girls and that was the end of that.
Put the plane away and it was stored it in the basement for years.
Took it out last year. Decals no longer stuck to the plane and the sticky side of the decal were gone. Probably from the glow fuel?
I shipped off the decals to get them done by Callie Graphics and she did a great job.

Now for your question of doing ROG with the plane?
It will not ROG off of grass ( I fly at a field where we cut the grass to about an inch tall)
Trying to ROG off of asphalt, it will ground loop fairly easy and the wheels don't have any toe-in to reduce that problem.

The best way is to "hand throw it" (sorry).
My R/C Commander is a nice leisurely flier and the engine usually runs for approx.. 8 minutes and the plane is about 1/4" big when you are looking at it from the ground. Caught a thermal a couple time with it even!

Have fun!
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:54 am

You need to change over the muffler noise/throttle spring. It is on backwards Affraid or WOW!

The muffler is on the engine correctly but the spring part is off 180 degrees!
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FSTP Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:05 pm

Thanks guys! Luckily, one of the places where I fly has a nice paved runway. But the ground looping issue does seem like a concern. I will have to give it a try and see if I have problems with that. If I do maybe I can find someone in the club to help my hand launch it.

Also thanks for noticing the spring door is on the wrong way Sosam. That would have been a tricky situation trying to adjust that while the motor is running having it pointing toward the prop. yikes! bounce

That RC Commander looks really neat with the red wings. Glow fuel can be a real problem with decals that use peel and stick type adhesives, that's for sure. When I used to fly only nitro planes in the early 2000s I'd always make sure I didn't place any peel and stick type decals were any glow fuel was likely to get to or on. So the decals on your RC Commander are reproductions ? Does the person that made them have a website? I have some other non Cox vintage ARF kits from Flying Styro kit that I'd love to get some repop decals made. How did it work? did you just send them the old ones that they then scanned and then made new versions of?

Oh also I do have a radio for my EZ Bee II. I'm going to use my FlySky Paladin PL-18. Kind of funny really since I'll only be using 2 of its 18 possible channels. Its the same radio I use for all my models now. I hope its not considered bad form or sacrilegious to fly this vintage model with modern 2.4ghz equipment. I do still have one of my old radios I could use. Its an old Hitec Flash 5. though really that would be kind of a hassle to get that out and working again. Aldo I'm not sure if its ok to use old FM/AM style locked frequency old type radios at my clubs flying field. I'd have to check.
FSTP
FSTP
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:50 pm

I think that your radio of choice may be sufficient enough. Lol. Very Happy I too would have liked to have gone back to 72 mHz for them for nostalgia, but 2.4 is here and is personally just that much more convenient to install I feel. Heck, I picked up a short time ago a Radiomaster TX16S myself for my 2 and 3 channel foamies and 1/2a planes too.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:58 am

Hello FSTP,
I use Callie Graphics to reproduce all of my vinyl graphics.
Her website is: https://callie-graphics.com/

Since the pandemic, she has been swamped with orders. Everyone wants graphics and she's the best!
Her website has instructions on how to apply her graphics. They are easy enough to follow.

The vinyl graphics stick much better than the original peel and stick ones.
So, what I do is email her, and send photos of the graphics attached to the email.
I tell Callie what I want to do and ask for a quote.
She'll respond in a few days with a quote and a request to send the graphics to her.
I'll place the graphics in a large postal envelope with a piece of carboard inside for stiffness.
I will also include a letter with instructions inside as to what I want so when Callie opens it up she knows what has to be done.

When Callie has completed the graphics, she will email you for payment.
I pay her by PayPal. and wait for the "new" vinyl graphics to arrive in a big envelope.

When they come, I check them over and if acceptable, I carefully stick them to the airplane.
(I never had a problem with her work for over 10 years and she has gotten better over the years.)

I hope this is a good explanation of how to do the repo decals for your up coming projects?
Look around Callie's website and you'll see she does great work.

As for the radio, I use the Cox Cobra because it still was installed in the R/C Commander when it was las flown.
The radio runs on 4 cell "AA" on the Rx and 8 cells "AA" on the Tx. and it's a 3-channel radio.

For your situation, I would use the radio that you have on hand.
Just get servos that will fit into the foam cutouts in the fuse to simplify the radio/servo installation
and that should be the old (BIG) standard servos which are cheap for about $5.00 each?
I measured my servos in my R/C Commander and their dimensional size is: 1.5"x 0.8" x 1.42" (39mm x 20mm x 36mm)

One thing you can do to reduce the ground looping is to bend the landing gear where the wheels are, and try to bend in the
wire where the wheels slip on so the wheels will have "Toe In".
Place the long leg of the wire into the vice (with the section where the wheel will mount stick up out of the vice).
Now try ( with a par of pliers) and twist the wheel section away from you ( about 45° angle).
If done correctly it should be bent forward.
Now do this to the other leg of the landing gear. Remember to bend it the same way as the previous leg.
Install the wheels on the wire. Looking at the wheels they should have toe-in.
(not a lot -but a little -about 1/4" will due ---- front of wheel to backside of the wheel).

What this does is give enough resistance to keep the plane tracking straight.
Example: when one wheel is straight (down the runway) the other has more resistance because it is not pointing straight down the runway. So, with that dragging wheel it tries to pull the plane back and the plane straightens up straight down the runway.

Similar like the toe-in on your car.

Hope this helps out?

Last edited by sosam117 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:07 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FSTP Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:53 pm

Thanks for the helpful post that's a great break down! I've had to adjust toe in/out on models in the past so I'm pretty familiar with the process.

Also thank you for the decal link I'm definitely going to use them for a few of my upcoming builds. I had some old arf kits from FSK (flying styro kit) from over 20 years ago and some of the decals have goon bad. So I had them set aside on the back burner as it were. So now I can work on them now that I have a decal solution.
FSTP
FSTP
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum