Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Birthday Robert ( Rsv1cox )
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:32 am

» Irvine Mills .75 replica
by Coxfledgling Today at 8:09 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by 1/2A Nut Today at 4:32 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (October 2024)
by Admin Today at 1:33 am

» Carburetor Sprinkler Rod Peak Tee Dee .049 / .051
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» OS MAX-D
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by getback Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» Cox .020 PeeWee/TeeDee prop-screw
by getback Yesterday at 7:55 am

» Wanted peewee 20 fuel tank
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:40 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -October 2024-
by Admin Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:33 pm

» Off topic - Tonka dump truck restoration. 10:27
by rsv1cox Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Man Cave on a cold day

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shocked Re: Man Cave on a cold day

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 am

Mark Boesen wrote:Bob, love the new work shop, lol, here's what you need to hang over the door a DIY prop!
nhttp://www.instructables.com/id/Wood-Propeller-Fabrication/

Maybe something like this Mark?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barnstormer-2-Multi-Colored-Tips-Wooden-Propeller-47-Airplane-Aircraft-Decor-/291314005072?hash=item43d3aaf450:g:gBsAAOSwVupTo0Z0

Reproduction, about 4', would look nice over the space right above the doors.

Now the hard work begins, especially for a centurion like me.  Smile  Not looking for sympathy I can find that in the dictionary.  But it is really hard work.

Takes 90 shovelfuls to fill the cart until the tires go flat times the 14 cart fulls I have already moved, with about five more to go before I'm satisfied.  Have to do it, gotta mow this area in the summer and the drop-off was just to severe.  This will give me a nice gentle slope.  Years ago my son-in-law bull dosed me up a nice pile of top soil from the field next to the house.  

Started with this:

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Shed_012

Dirt pile:

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Dirt_014

Travel about 200 yards:

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Dirt_012

Great Grandson likes to ride shotgun:

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Dirt_010

Daughters, ones shy, the other one isn't:

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Dirt_011

About 4 or 5 more loads to go: Sad

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Dirt_013
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:03 am

Bob...man my back aches just watching you from 1600 miles away

Looking very good

Wife and I are sort of POed that a decade ago we did not just bite the bullet and get the smallest Bucket loader tractor Mahindra/Kubota...etc but even today we can't justify the cost (around $12K) just to move dirt less than once a year

I did have 10 yards delivered once and rented a small skid steer front loader to move it to where she wanted... But what a mistake... man do they tear up a yard.... should have trailered home the 25 HP JD they had

live n learn

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:47 am

Looking good man that is a bunch of dirt moving and the Prop is the Bomb may as well go ahead and drop the load , heck its FREE SHIPPING !! lol!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:02 pm

getback wrote:Looking good man that is a bunch of dirt moving and the Prop is the Bomb may as well go ahead and drop the load , heck its FREE SHIPPING !! lol!

Found a cheaper one Eric.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111808783361?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Seller has an awesome handle - bikeroutlawlovers something or other.  Résumé is interesting too, says he's a former Head Shop owner and they are hand made.  Might be a straight prop or kinda mis-shaped. Smile   Free shipping too.  

Thanks for the suggestion Mark...

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:15 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Bob...man my back aches just watching you from 1600 miles away

Looking very good

Wife and I are sort of POed that a decade ago we did not just bite the bullet and get the smallest Bucket loader tractor Mahindra/Kubota...etc but even today we can't justify the cost (around $12K) just to move dirt less than once a year

I did have 10 yards delivered once and rented a small skid steer front loader to move it to where she wanted... But what a mistake... man do they tear up a yard.... should have trailered home the 25 HP JD they had

live n learn

It's the knees for me, killers.

I have had an itch for a Ford "N" tractor for years.  They are a dime a dozen around here (well about $3K for a decent one.)  But then you have to pay property taxes yearly on it and store it, so I grin and shovel.  I have mentioned before that the Ford N was the first tractor I ever used back in NH in the early fiftys when I was about 14.  Loved that thing.

When snow flies this winter I have to burn off this brush pile gathered from trimming trees.  Got another one right behind it.  I burn off a stack each winter when snow covers the ground.  Pure flames go 20/25' in the air.  Terrifying for about 10 minutes.  Smile

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Dirt_015

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Bob we can relate....

When we bought the Texas 2.5 acres...the house dead center... Previous owner got old and let back yard (about 1.25) acres go back to thicket

Took wife and I took five years of weekends (both still active duty) to beat it back to manicured forest still with 125 trees, mostly 40'~45' cedar Elms

No way we could ever sell this property considering the SWEAT EQUITY

We both would love to move back to WVa--- but all lands home around Weirton are in some manner of EPA superfund siting and (IMO) not fully disclosed on the contamination from previous mining or industrial activity

We have family not far from you in the Canane Valley...Thomas WVa, and as much as we love that area....much too far away from any good VA hospital...we are so dependent upon for health care....do not get me on the Obamacare subject!

The other minus is the lack of support we MUST have----is good internet, and a lot of the properties we desire are so far back in the hollows they need even sun light piped in....grin

I still love the movie Deliverance...and I kid my wife about it a lot ...knowing it was not really WVa but Coulda been...grin

A lot of her mountain kin are badly inbred. The, every other year, trip to the family reunion has me Looking sideways a lot with some of those folks around my kids and grand kids
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:33 pm

I feel like an idiot.. (re: my PM) for some reason I thought that this new building also had a back-door.. Rolling Eyes The landing looks great Bob!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:49 pm

fredvon4 wrote:

I still love the movie Deliverance...and I kid my wife about it a lot ...knowing it was not really WVa but Coulda been...grin

A lot of her mountain kin are badly inbred.   The, every other year, trip to the family reunion has me Looking sideways a lot with some of those folks around my kids and grand kids

Laughing uhhhh... "Honey"? I think it's time we headed back home..
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:57 pm

roddie wrote:I feel like an idiot.. (re: my PM) for some reason I thought that this new building also had a back-door.. Rolling Eyes The landing looks great Bob!

My fault roddie, just my inability to make things clear. The picture I included in my reply was of a similar shed that I had at my previous house in Florida, attached here for all to see. More hedges Rod.

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Bankin11

roddie and I were discussing a paint booth for the shed that he had idea's for. I had mentioned that I had constructed one similar to what he designed (but not as elaborate or well thought out) that I had in my Florida shed. It's no secret that roddie is the idea guy here.

Bob

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:19 am

Oh, Oh.  Straw that broke the camels back.  103 shovel fulls exceeded the limit.  More dirt = less trips.

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Shed_017

Lucky, I had a spare.

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Shed_015

Calculus.....Fill that hole.

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Shed_014

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Shed_013

One more row and I will call this thread quits.. Honest Injun...promise.

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Shed_018

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:15 am

Looks Great Bob , and myself i have a flat on my little trailer (son ran it on a flat and finished the dry rotted tire ) no spare though ! For some reason unknow i hate latis and the look is dantie (girly) lol! Sorry to each there own i don't have to look at it Very Happy Have you looked at the thread on Found on craigslist ?Some good ole bi-planes for U. $ Eric $
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:56 am

Bob...flat tire woes...can relate

When we started this terrascaping journey there were a LOT of Cactus to remove...low growing buggers with longish needles... Initially I nearly need to buy stock in the company that makes the green slime tire sealant I was using so much of it..

The a tractor supply appeared fairly close and one day needing a new gallon jug of the green slime..I saw similar sized Foam filled no air tires, on rims ---that were ridiculously low price compared to the same tube required tire they also sold in that size...

They came home with me ----and to this day I still have the (flat) originals rim/tires off the Craftsman trailer. These junk assys I move from resting place to resting place every year or so...not sure yet Why they have not found their way into the trash....I must have had some Idea, back then, of a project for them I have long since forgotten
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:19 am

I am moving quite a bit of dirt still. I work on it, 2 trailer loads, then spend a week doing other things. Not the most efficient way but... At the rate I am going I'll be done in 2 more years.

Filling the trailer is the easier part. Dumping and emptying the dirt where it is wanted seems much much more effort even if I am just dumping it off the hill, or into the hole in my neighbor's yard. Spreading the dirt pretty like is quite a bit harder still. Unloading it into the raised planting box was about the worst because I couldn't dump any of it.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:21 am

These are nice to have. They make short work of grading. It's a landscaping rake.. and averages 36" width.

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Alr48-10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:33 am

getback wrote: For some reason unknow i hate latis and the look is dantie (girly) lol! Sorry to each there own i don't have to look at it Very Happy

Laughing now that's some funny stuff right there! lol!

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:58 pm

roddie wrote:
getback wrote: For some reason unknow i hate latis and the look is dantie (girly) lol! Sorry to each there own i don't have to look at it Very Happy

Laughing now that's some funny stuff right there!  lol!

Ya,  I'm cooking up a really good reply for Eric....... Smile  Sorta something like - So your calling my man-cave a girly tent Eric?  Maybe a skunk or some other varmint will crawl under your un-protected lattice porch and die.  Stinks for days, don't ask me how I know.  Smile

Found this Fred:

https://www.amazon.com/Marathon-4-00-8-Pneumatic-Filled-Bearings/dp/B000WQL38U/ref=pd_lpo_293_bs_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A579PRAK2S3BK3H0V0YJ

Same as what is on it. Around $20 shipping extra. A new inner tube is ten bucks alone. I do like the sound of foam filled, will look for them. When I washed the mud off the wheel/tire a whole lot of green slime came out. Tire is unfixable as it has a split in the tread.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:30 pm

I got these and although they are not a flat top tire I don't have any issues cuz mostly hard pack or rock yard...If you had a lot of good soil areas and travers when wet You would probably desire the proper pneumatic version with tube to keep from making ruts

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/martin-wheel-480-400-8-16-in-wheelbarrow-and-garden-cart-wheel-with-universal-hub-3-4-in-ball-bearing?cm_vc=-10005
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:38 pm

OK lost my last post due to large finger ::;:; Bob Those tire say 400 lb load capacity. Not for highway use not enough butt bone for what your doing and my only porch has ROCK for a foundation But , i have had some visitation from snake, possum and wolf rat / miceses and want go into the Bug population one year NATS next STINK BUGS this year MOUTHS !! I think the flies are scared lol! If you like it that's fine with me i will just speed through the out side pics of your new work shop tongue
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:42 pm

pkrankow wrote:I am moving quite a bit of dirt still.  I work on it, 2 trailer loads, then spend a week doing other things.  Not the most efficient way but...  At the rate I am going I'll be done in 2 more years.

Filling the trailer is the easier part.  Dumping and emptying the dirt where it is wanted seems much much more effort even if I am just dumping it off the hill, or into the hole in my neighbor's yard.  Spreading the dirt pretty like is quite a bit harder still.  Unloading it into the raised planting box was about the worst because I couldn't dump any of it.

Phil
Phil your not got your hear or back in it MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT (sergeant Carter on Gomer Pyle show ) Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:43 am

Here ya go Eric: Smile

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Shed_l10

It's "Lady bugs" here Eric. Mild infestation this year but in past years the back side of the house has been covered with them. Got stink bugs too. Florida is bug free when compared with West Virginia.

Man Cave on a cold day - Page 2 Shed_d10

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content