Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Lock-down......again Cox_ba12

Lock-down......again Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Betty Skelton
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:20 pm

» Consolidated half-A C/L Sonic Star
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:46 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by Ken Cook Today at 5:03 pm

» New Model Build
by rdw777 Today at 2:52 pm

» The box, "Dad's Christmas Bells", and a Cox and Cabin connection
by rsv1cox Today at 10:52 am

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Today at 10:30 am

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by roddie Today at 10:02 am

» THE MOST ULTIMATE TD .049 POWERED COMBAT PLANE OF ALL TIME...!!!
by TD ABUSER Today at 9:25 am

» 1940's?...............
by rsv1cox Today at 7:46 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (September 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 7:19 am

» Lesson learned
by TD ABUSER Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» Billy's Scientific "Sizzlin Liz" Mustang
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:21 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Lock-down......again Empty
Live on Patrol

Lock-down......again

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mad Lock-down......again

Post  Oldenginerod Thu May 27, 2021 5:37 am

Well, here we go again.  Lockdown number 4.  Just a week this time (so they say Huh... )

Wouldn't ya know it, we had a holiday (first one for ages) booked from this coming Sunday thru to next Friday.  Lockdown starts tonight and ends next Thursday.  Lady at the camp park wasn't impressed when we rang to cancel.  Not permitted more than 5kms from home.  Can go out only for shopping, medical, blah blah blah- you probably all know the drill.
All this for 20 active Covid cases statewide.  Government is telling us all that it's because not enough people are getting vaccinated.  Haven't found anyone who can give me an acceptible reason why me not being vaccinated puts anyone but myself at risk.  Vaccine doesen't kill the meanie, just stops me from getting symptoms.  I can still carry it and spread it.  I guess if I get sick from it there's more chance I'll cough or sneeze and spread it easier.
Still, until they offer me a vaccine other than AZ, I'm sticking to my guns.

Lock-down......again Home-a10
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Mad Re: Lock-down......again

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 27, 2021 6:32 am

I would be a little hesitant too with either the AZ or J&J vaccines too, but I would still get it. Other than me, I had the Moderna 2 shot my family has all had the J&J shot with no ill effects.

Right now with well over 50% of our population vaccinated we are opening up. Once we lead the world in infections and deaths, now we are down to near nothing. I haven't worn a mask in a couple of weeks. Some states have a new gimmick, offer a million dollar lottery or a college scholarship to teen agers that get the shot and it's working. Vaccinations up 45%.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu May 27, 2021 7:58 am

rsv1cox wrote:I would be a little hesitant too with either the AZ or J&J vaccines too, but I would still get it.  Other than me, I had the Moderna 2 shot my family has all had the J&J shot with no ill effects.  

Right now with well over 50% of our population vaccinated we are opening up.  Once we lead the world in infections and deaths, now we are down to near nothing.  I haven't worn a mask in a couple of weeks.  Some states have a new gimmick, offer a million dollar lottery or a college scholarship to teen agers that get the shot and it's working.  Vaccinations up 45%.      

Thanks Bob.  I know you've got my back.  We don't get a choice what vaccine we're given.  Only two options, AZ for over 50s and Pfizer for under 50s and frontline workers.  Makes me feel a little like I don't matter as much as some and need to accept second best. Apparently no AZ for under 50s as it can make you sterile.  Think I'm beyonds worrying about that.  
The blood clot thing scares me more that catching the virus.  We've had a few related deaths out here.  If push comes to shove I'll demand the Pfizer if they want to demand that I get vaccinated, or else administer the AZ while I'm in hospital for a few days of observation.

Don't expect I'm gonna win this one.  DAMMIT!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu May 27, 2021 8:07 am

Would not do AZ shot either, seems like a large overreaction by the guberment. Time for tar and feathers methinks.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  iamplanecrazy2 Thu May 27, 2021 9:04 am

What a terrible situation.
I guess if it saves one life its worth the inconvenience.
iamplanecrazy2
iamplanecrazy2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu May 27, 2021 10:05 am

iamplanecrazy2 wrote:What a terrible situation.

IDK, seem to me I remember back in early elementary school, ALL the children were marched down the hallway to the gymnasium, lined up and one by one were blasted in the arm with a life saving inoculation for some disease. I don’t remember it being that painful but still have the circular scar on my shoulder. Don’t remember having a choice either! Every kid got one. Guess it saved us all!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 27, 2021 10:24 am

Marleysky wrote:
iamplanecrazy2 wrote:What a terrible situation.

IDK, seem to me I remember back in early elementary school, ALL the children were marched down the hallway to the gymnasium, lined up and one by one were blasted in the arm with a life saving inoculation for some disease. I don’t remember it being that painful but still have the circular scar on my shoulder. Don’t remember having a choice either!  Every kid got one. Guess it saved us all!  

Yes, Rubella (Measles) Small-pox, Polio, + + +, I got them all, in school and in the Navy.  The big one was Polio.  I remember the fear of that era, 1943 to 1954 and the relief felt when Dr. Salk developed the vaccine.  Sugar cube and later shot in the arm.  My Uncle visited from Manchester where there was a large outbreak, said everyone was affected.  Scared my six year old body to death.  

Here's your picture Rene, I think your the fourth one back.  Smile Not many smiles there.

Lock-down......again Polio10

I read where the US is releasing millions of doses to the world Rod, I hope they go to our allies first.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  iamplanecrazy2 Thu May 27, 2021 10:31 am

What a cool photo! I remember getting the small pox and polio vaccine as well.
Still have that weird round scar on my shoulder.
Photo reminded me of when I was 8 years old in 1968, the year I got my first
Cox airplane, a P-40. It didn't last long! My older brother by 2 years got the P-51, suffered same
quick ending. Sure wish I had a photo of that day, me crying and him laughing.
How about the duck and cover drills, remember those?
iamplanecrazy2
iamplanecrazy2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri May 28, 2021 5:53 am

I think our big scar-maker was the TB injection. If I remember right, Polio was a small plastic spoon of sweet liquid, Sabin I believe. I don't recall any others, but that was in high school so I probably had a few others as a toddler.
I remember having chicken pox and measles as a kid. I'm sure we didn't get shots for the common stuff like that. Every kid in school got chicken pox and measles. Maybe German Measles (Rubella) as well, but that was pretty scary for the girls.

When our grandson arrived 4 1/2 years back his mother was paranoid about Whooping Cough and made us get shots before we could look after him. Never bothered me, but my wife's reaction was so severe she had to go the the emergency department twice. Vowed she'd never get another vaccination ever again. Never forgave his mother! (It's a long story).
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Mad Fledgling

Post  Coxfledgling Fri May 28, 2021 8:09 am

Won't be long before UK is in lock down again due to the "Indian" varient.

Society opening up so people mingling etc., and if the morons on the public transport are anything to go on, it's not gunna be long.

Morons on public transport moaning because I open a window, threatening behaviour cos I re opened it, not wearing a mask when the rules say you have to etc. etc. etc....perhaps you have it right over there in so much you are allowed to bear ........

The morons in government are no better......but we only have our selves to blame for that....
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri May 28, 2021 2:25 pm

I just got back from local grocery store. Our Governor relaxed mask laws (best Gov out of the 50) much like the "Neanderthals" in Texas did. I went without mask for first time in like 14 months. I felt liberated! Probably at least 100 people in there and me and another female were the only two. Keep getting the stink eye but nobody said squat.

O ya, now I have to shave again. I’m liking the distancing still though no more man hug’s or even handshake stay eight feet away and we’re good lol
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 28, 2021 3:23 pm

They just ended all the remaining capacity and distancing requirements for bars and restarunts here in Minnesota. The governor ended the mask mandate at the drop of a hat right after the CDC announced that vaccinated people no longer need to be recommended to wear masks indoors. Minneapolis and St. Paul of course had to take over and enforce mask mandates of their own, so anywhere you go in those cities, you still need to wear a mask. I live outside both cities, and none of that crap is being enforced here anymore. There's a few business here and there that still have great big signs on their doors requiring all people entering to have masks. All health clinics also still require masks. I haven't boozed it up lately or nor do I smoke, but apparently some "law" still requires liquor stores and smoke shops to to enforce customers to wear masks inside.

I'd say that 90% of the people in stores that I've been in are still wearing masks.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri May 28, 2021 5:02 pm

Thats great for Minnesota!! You say 90%, I saw 98% today so folks must still be scared. Our Governor (did I mention he's the best) made it so city and county Mayors could not supersede state mandate. The leaders of all the little fiefdoms went nuts. LOL Our Gov. has taken Trumps place as the target of constant media hit stores now.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri May 28, 2021 5:08 pm

I haven't worn a mask for a couple of weeks here in West Virginia. Walmart shopping in nearby Virginia I find 50% go maskless, perhaps more today as I haven't been there for awhile.

We should be darn proud as a country rolling out the vaccines as quickly as we did and people stepping up and getting the shot.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri May 28, 2021 5:39 pm

Yes to that!! HUGE weekend for USA things getting back to normal. I can’t think of another country that is as far along.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri May 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Well, I just got the second shot of Moderna yesterday. Felt really run down today. Both shots were worse than when I had the actual virus. I was swabbed a total of 4 times in Korea and all came up negative. I don’t have to wear a mask anymore on Federal installations so that’s a plus. Oklahoma wasn’t a big mask wearing state anyway and we never had a lockdown.

The only reason I got the shots is because I have work to do and whatever makes that easier than so be it. I’ll let God worry about the big stuff and just take care of what I can.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sat May 29, 2021 4:42 am

crankbndr wrote:Yes to that!! HUGE weekend for USA things getting back to normal. I can’t think of another country that is as far along.

I think one has to be a bit careful when discussing politics, here is a graph:

Lock-down......again Diagram-vaccin-660x492

Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Mad Fledgling

Post  Coxfledgling Sat May 29, 2021 6:19 am

What about Wales, UK ?

We have both had our second jab, zenica, both over 65.

The lad @ 35 has not had his first yet, bit worried as he is in a customer facing job and the place will be full of carrots ( English carrot, Welsh moron ) from now on.....

Indian strain taking hold here in UK, and accelerating...

If you have had the jabs, you can still be a covid carrier....we are not out of the woods yet....

Last edited by Coxfledgling on Sat May 29, 2021 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat May 29, 2021 6:21 am

I seen some stores yesterday while out that signed if you have been vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask , i am still not got one yet Huh... still thinking with boarder line COPD i still wear mine but have been laxed around people somewhat .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sat May 29, 2021 8:29 am

Coxfledgling wrote:What about Wales, UK ?

Sorry I haven't tried to find any similar graph in english. "Storbrittanien" means "Great Britain"
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Mad Fledgling

Post  Coxfledgling Sun May 30, 2021 1:36 am

Statistics....they can make a circle square...

Anyways, according to a BBC radio 4 programme yesterday, Wales was the best at vaccinating its people because it uses its quota of its jabs quickly rather than stockpiling them. Scotland is second, using its quota after 2 weeks.

I suppose it's easier for Wales as our population is smaller.

The Indian varient is accelerating and a real worry, society is opening up and Wales will be invaded yet again by "y sais" coming here "on holiday" rather than " colonisation and conquest"....

Let's hope "Boris" sees sence, I have my doubts...

Stay safe out there.
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun May 30, 2021 1:38 pm

While we are not in a lockdown, our restrictions are still in place here. No visiting with anyone outside of your household be it in your yard, property, or even public as there is a no gathering order (household only). All restaurants and bars closed for any dine in and are allowed curbside pick up or take out only, no personal services allowed to be open (hair and nail salons, tattoo parlors, piercings, etc). Hospitals are open but nobody is allowed to visit or go in with a patient (unless deemed by a doctor for last short time of life but still regulated to 2 people). All shopping and grocery stores are allowed to be open to 10% capacity maximum. All this while still required to wear a mask.

Oh, and schools in teh main city and a couple other divisions are also in remote learning for one more week then to be determined again.

We have our first shots of AZ here, and are waiting for the go ahead for our second ones. Our luck, we got them then just a week later they lowered the age for the Pfizer signifigantly.... But due to our location of residence outside of the main city, they do not really offer anything other than the AZ due to its storage requirements.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:49 am

Hey OldEngineRod, what number lockdown are you in right now? Man its going crazy. Im glad Im in South Oz where it seems to not be quite as much a problem for some reason at the moment. I agree with you about being [bleep] off about having to Aztra Zenica because of our age. Basically they are saying they want to use the stock they have and they will force it on people who dont have much left as it is, and if they get covid are more likely to die, so they have little choice but get the AZ. Bloody disgrace. ive had the AZ as a 1B category early on as I have incurable lymphoma cancer and Covid would definately do me in. But after a lifetime of working, never unemployed, always paying tax, in a high tax bracket ans still working, i wouldnt mind being able to have a safe jab rather than the jab that is known to have many problems, side effects, and directly related deaths.

Hope it goes well for you! and all the others on the forum and their families etc.!

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:32 am

Hey Yabby. Out the other end of lockdown No.4. We're not in town so can be a little bit more relaxed about what we do and don't do. We were supposed to travel up to NSW to see our son a couple of weeks ago, but the virus (or the politicians) put an end to that. We did manage to have a brief holiday within Victoria.
When it comes to the vax, story goes that the most effective one out there is the Chinese one. Fancy that? One dose, no side-effects, completely effective apparently. Adds more fuel to the fire regarding Covid's potential origin.

I'm pretty low risk. Under 60, out of town, not much social life, don't like crowds anyway. I'll just plod along until they decide to target me.

Pretty crook about the lymphoma. I hope they can do good to keep you as well as possible. Look after yourself.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:13 am

Yabby, there is an old saying "Life's a B-i-t-c-h then you die."  Then I think, in the billions of years of evolution what are your chances of ever being born.  Think of how many eggs a women passes in a lifetime, then one comes along and happens to get fertilized and becomes a human being.  Can't calculate the odds.  Each human is unique.  Thankfully you got the shot.  Your pretty special, enjoy life as it is.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content