Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue Cox_ba12

Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by MauricioB Today at 12:37 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:32 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue

Go down

Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue Empty Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue

Post  dankar04 Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Back in late 90's bought two new FF Cox helis. Never tried to fly them and both new in box with factory shrink wrap. Cox as we old timers knew it is gone and many of what they sold is gone to. I was sort of collector but have sold much of my stuff. I have offerd these for several years now and not one taker or nibble. RC contests/ UC contests etc..nada. Just seems so strange that anything Cox new in box would not at least get some interest. No biggie had them for a long time. Seems if not a red TD.010 or RR-1 not much interest.
Either heli would have made a nice gift but guess helis were not popular. I guess unbox them and hang from ceiling. Tired w/ Coffee Read
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue Empty Re: Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue

Post  Marleysky Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Yeah, it too bad there isn't a lot of interest in those heli's. I also have a couple, one is the " air Wolf" version and I think the other is the Rescue one. Flew them enough to bend up the blades and get "Free" replacement blades from COx back in the Estes  era. Tough to get the kids or grand kids interested  in something that just goes in circles (CL) or Up and Down (FF heli's)  when they have Video Games in 3D  and Stereo. I will admit I did do more indoor flying on the computer with the GP Real Flight for Windows 98. Gosh , I must have crashed a half-million dollars worth of planes on that program before it was outdated and useless due to computer system upgrades that weren't compatible with Win98. HA, we're so old I still have a rotary dial phone in the spare bedroom. When one of our nieces stayed overnight she did not know how to call home on that old phone!!   SO, before you just hang 'em from the ceiling...fuel 'em up and fly 'em like they were designed to. Have some fun wit 'em...if you don't want to, send 'em to me I'll get 'em Airborne!!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue Empty Re: Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue

Post  getback Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:45 am

I have a engine off of one yellow looking thing with its own fuel tank . I didn't know what it was till someone on here told and showed me a pic. If you do have some fun with them take a video please / would like to see one in action Babe Bee .049 Getback
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox FF Helicopters/ Cobra/ Air Rescue Empty Cox helis

Post  dankar04 Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:55 am

I guess there are no collectors. Not many new in box Cox around still sealed in plastic. These are part of Cox history and last ones of there kind. Oh well some day do something with them. lol!
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:50 pm

I flew several of the older cox heli's with my dad in the 70's. Also some balsa kit built free flight heli's that dad put together. We sure had fun with them. Earlier this year I scored NIB Cox Cobra Attack Heli on the Bay for $20. Pretty cheap if you ask me. Wanting Samuel to have the same fun I had with my dad we assembled it and took it to the field. He was pretty excited to see it fly and then run after it. We have about 12 flights on it after 3 outings and haven't lost it or broken it. I say it was $20 well spent. I can't put a price on that kind of time with my boy. If you can't sell 'em go fly them, it may just put a smile on your face. Better yet take a kid with you. Mike
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Excellent Story !!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:34 pm

I have three. I let the scouts use them at the camp. Keeps them busy for a bit.
Brenda
Brenda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dankar04 Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:57 pm

I have been flying RC helis for close to three years now. Micros/ minis and large. So a FF heli kinda moot. One guy ahile back wanted them badly. He didn't have $$ at time and asked me to hold them for a month. He had bought a plane from me before and went for it.
Then nothing.oh well. These helis are new just once. I just picked up a Cox Super Chipmonk Stunter. I have ME-109/ Viper Stunter also.
Helis sit in boxes in closet. Someday find them a new home for right Cox preson. Lighting The Tree Bad Xmas Gift Christmas Tree
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down