Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Philly Fliers 1/2A day  Cox_ba12

Philly Fliers 1/2A day  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by MauricioB Today at 4:50 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:09 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Philly Fliers 1/2A day  Empty
Live on Patrol

Philly Fliers 1/2A day

Go down

Philly Fliers 1/2A day  Empty Philly Fliers 1/2A day

Post  Ken Cook Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:31 pm

Yesterday we had a fair turnout considering the weather. It started out real cold and windy. Not just 10 mph but gusts up to 25 and it wasn't settling down. A few of us were determined getting the engines running and just playing around with hopes the wind would die down. We asked the gods of flight to allow a few flights and that we did.

Lots of Cox equipment, in fact I was very surprised and there was a lot of it. I don't do pictures. I have only a few things to share but this was a special day and it needs to be done in full pictures and videos.  We had .010's, Killer Bee's, Space Hoppers, Space Bugs, you name it and it was here. One of the members had a wonderful table setup with LOTS of kits. I was shocked to see that many hard to find 1/2A kits.

A few of them needed engine help and I was there to remedy that yesterday. My son and I helped a bunch of guys out. In addition, my good friend Skip underwent a very traumatizing experience. He had some surgery which during the surgery a disc in his vertebrae disintegrated. This left him unable to walk and move his legs. After several months and two more additional surgeries and lots of therapy, he flew this 1/2A yesterday. The doctor applauded us in assisting his recovery and getting him to fly again. Skip was so happy to fly, he wasn't paying attention to his fuel level and dorked it in a little. We were all happy for him.  

https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/videos/738612508257450/

https://www.facebook.com/reel/991359815898221

https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/videos/341324775603793/
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Philly Fliers 1/2A day  Empty Re: Philly Fliers 1/2A day

Post  rsv1cox Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:44 pm

"I don't do pictures. I have only a few things to share but this was a special day and it needs to be done in full pictures and videos."

And I don't do Facebook........leaves me between a rock and a hard place.  Smile Smile

I flood my posts with pictures, probably to the discontent of many.  I do it to save typing, that 1000 words/pictures thing.  You have so much to offer visually Ken being in the center of a big city swirl, and those models that you see and talk about, although I have seen you post pictures in the past.  .......I could send you a camera?
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:57 pm

Bob, I don't do Facebook either but one of our club members started the Philly Fliers Control Line on Facebook. That being said, I can view the pages, I can't contribute to them because I don't do Facebook either. I find it difficult enough to post pictures on here and I can't do them on the other site I frequent because of size restrictions and I don't even want to know how to shrink the stuff up in order to send. Were going to have another one in the next couple of months. There was a lot of complaining in terms of members being frustrated with the engines. Maintenance, patience, good starting battery and fresh CLEAN fuel are a must.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:49 pm

Oh man........ I would have loved to have been there Ken. Windy or not; there's always the comradery between us like-minded hobby people. I also love 1/2A... which would have made it even better.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:19 am

Glad you had a big turn out and lots of 1/2A stuff , hopefully next time will bee less wind and some problems resolved . Shawn was ringing the twin out sounded good too !
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:53 pm

Eric, the engines for the twin were on a table last year at one of our swap meets. I was helping clean up and they were on the table with a note, ALL ITEMS FREE. There was some good things there. I said to the guys someone needs to take these .049's, these are terrific little engines. No one responded, so I took them home. All they needed was some freeing up. The looked at me with their jaws dropped when they saw it flying the other day and I told them where they came from.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:13 pm

Ken Cook wrote:No one responded, so I took them home. All they needed was some freeing up. The looked at me with their jaws dropped when they saw it flying the other day and I told them where they came from.
Adds meaning to the saying, "Snooze, you lose!" Laughing

Congrats on receiving for free these hidden gems of engines. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:46 pm

Ken Cook wrote:       Eric, the engines for the twin were on a table last year at one of our swap meets. I was helping clean up and they were on the table with a note, ALL ITEMS FREE. There was some good things there. I said to the guys someone needs to take these .049's, these are terrific little engines. No one responded, so I took them home. All they needed was some freeing up. The looked at me with their jaws dropped when they saw it flying the other day and I told them where they came from.

Was that a pair of Medallions? Wow!! They cut right through the breeze nicely! Were those standard wedge tanks? What fuel, and props were you using? Sorry for so many questions.. but I'm impressed by all of it!!!

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:11 pm

Roddie, the engines are Medallions. I don't have the high comp head on them just the standard. I make my fuel which is 25% nitro, 20% oil mostly Klotz Super Techniplate. Tanks are Perfect tanks but I take them apart and redo the entire tank. These tanks are now uniflow. Props are 5x3 Grey Cox props the hard ones.

There was a Enya .35 square venturi version as well in the box. It was locked solid and no one wanted. The best time to obtain a Enema is when someone wants to give it away. They're such a pain in the rear to break in that most get fed up with them. That's when you want them. I'm currently building two Top Flite Combat Streaks which one is being dedicated to that Enya.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down